**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Comic accurate Gorr

2»

Comments

• World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    Doosra said:

Anyone else really hoping we get a comic accurate for in July and not the horrible looking Bale version?

You're one of the few people whose actually complained about how Christian Bale looks in the trailer, most people when they saw a comic accurate version of Gorr thought that it was Voldemort.
    Most people I know, along with myself, think he looks ridiculous.
    I love how people start with"most people had my opinion" Like they did a survey
    With all due respect he said “most people I know” so I’m sure he knows his people more than you or others do, lol.
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 776 ★★★

I would've wanted the comic book accurate Gorr since I know the character well from that material source. When Sony first came out with Magento in the movie, I was expecting the comic book version of Magento, elder white hair pretty buff Magento. Getting Ian McKellen to play the part wasn't what I pictured in mind while reading the comics and watching the movies. I would've preferred they had Michael Fassbender aged a bit with dyed white hair to play the older version instead of Sir Ian McKellen.
    But with the Gorr, I expected a more extraterrestrial feel than human-like facial features.
    Also hope the new x-men movie is more comic book accurate in terms of the physical presence than what was shown in sony's x-men movies which till today I had avoided watching. The Juggernaut in the 2nd Deadpool is I pictured as the more accurate Juggernaut than the one in Sony's.

Do you realise that Fassbender would‘ve been in his early twenties? He only had a secondary roll in 300 to his credit.
    Credit where credit is due, Sir Ian might not have the body but he and Sir Patrick are the driving force of that movie. Arguably the movie that showed the world what a superhero movie could be.
    I used the word aged, with CGI, they can always age the actor. I used Fassbender because that is who they used as a younger version of Magneto. and If not him, then someone with a similar physique. When I think of Patrick as Xavier, I can picture that. Again this is based on my own opinion as someone who read the comics before mcoc came along.
  • Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    Movie version of gorr doesn’t look that too dissimilar to the comic book version really. Other than having a nose where you normally expect to see one, rather than next to his eyeballs. Oh and maybe the teeth aren’t as sharpe. But anyway, I reserve judgement until the champ has been released.
  • L0TUS_MANTISL0TUS_MANTIS Posts: 220 ★★

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/9iEBhF95Tq4

Check this video, he will give you valid reason why you shouldn't hate the design

You can't help what you don't like. For me it's not even so much about comic book accuracy, it's that Christian Bale looks like a goofus