**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who should I rank 3 first

Ghost12Ghost12 Posts: 604 ★★★
edited June 2022 in Strategy and Tips

Both champs are great and so I wanted to ask peoples opinion on who should I do first since I can't make my mind up on who to do. I have a 5 star Corvous sig 200 that still puts up work but 6 star Corvous I suppose would be nice for the higher maps or even then for act 8 something like that. Venom is a hero slayer and spider verse slayer but I have VP who still destroys everything and everyone. Again can't make my mind so if anyone can give me a suggestion much appreciated
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I'd go with Corvus. I only have a 5*, but can imagine an awakened 6* at R3 would do some very good damage and work in helping to clear content.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    Outside of AQ. I can count the times I've used Corvus on helping me explore Act 7 and now I have Hercules, I have him benched on AQ too. Venom, on the otherhand, I've used for annoying spideys or anything that needs quick buffs. While Corvus damage is bonkers when you have at least a few charges, his kit is too limiting for high healthpools such as late Act 7. There are a few cheese lanes where he works exceptionally well, though.
  • Options

Outside of AQ. I can count the times I've used Corvus on helping me explore Act 7 and now I have Hercules, I have him benched on AQ too. Venom, on the otherhand, I've used for annoying spideys or anything that needs quick buffs. While Corvus damage is bonkers when you have at least a few charges, his kit is too limiting for high healthpools such as late Act 7. There are a few cheese lanes where he works exceptionally well, though.

So who would you say. Because I agree with everything you said and his a beast especially for invade but other than that In higher HP pools that's what concerns me the most. If they honestly let him complete the missions twice so he could get in total 8 cruelty buffs that might increase his crit damage even further allowing him to hit hard without the need of sides. But anyways who would say deserves rank 3
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I prefer Venom as he has helped me a lot more than Corvus did on exploring Act 7... but personally, I won't R3 either of them because I have Venompool and Hercules. I'd choose Venom over Corvus if I were you or I'd save my catalysts unless the rank up will considerably help me. Corvus, I'd only rank if I was required to bring him on AQ for a path he would excel at.
  • Options

I'd go with Corvus. I only have a 5*, but can imagine an awakened 6* at R3 would do some very good damage and work in helping to clear content.

Very true but the only

I prefer Venom as he has helped me a lot more than Corvus did on exploring Act 7... but personally, I won't R3 either of them because I have Venompool and Hercules. I'd choose Venom over Corvus if I were you or I'd save my catalysts unless the rank up will considerably help me. Corvus, I'd only rank if I was required to bring him on AQ for a path he would excel at.

Alright much appreciated good sir!!!

I will take this in consideration
  • Options
    Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★
    Corvus for the win. Go with him. He actually kinda needs it for higher damage. My r3 deals 3 to 4k w/o charges and 7 to 9k with charges and no suicides. Doesn't even need 4 charges, 2 to 3 suffices. Not the best option for story but very useful in 45% of story lanes.

• Options
    Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★

Corvus for the win. Go with him. He actually kinda needs it for higher damage. My r3 deals 3 to 4k w/o charges and 7 to 9k with charges and no suicides. Doesn't even need 4 charges, 2 to 3 suffices. Not the best option for story but very useful in 45% of story lanes.

My first champ for Thronebreaker title. Proud of him.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    If you know how to stock up Corvus charge, then Corvus.
    Venom is easier to handle through.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,758 ★★★★★
    I would go with Venom because I always find him useful whenever there's a spider to fight. However, if you like Corvus, I would suggest ranking him up as high as possible in order to raise his base stats as much as possible. He struggles a lot with the health pools in endgame content so he really needs those higher ranks to keep up. As such, I think he benefits more from the r3 than Venom does.