**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is medusa worth to rank 3 even if she isn't duped

Ghost12Ghost12 Posts: 604 ★★★
edited June 2022 in Strategy and Tips

Yes or nope
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2022
    I asked about Venom and Corvous a few days ago but I can't seem to still make my mind about them. Even though its most likely going to be Venom, after doing act 6 with a rank 4 VP I'm just not sure anymore where venom can be useful. So I saw Medusa and thought she would be worth rank 3 but only problem she is not duped. So I'm not sure if she is worth to rank 3 or she is. What do you guys think.

Again sorry to bother I just have no idea who to take rank 3 in the cosmic class
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Depends.

Her dupe is really for defense and occasionally saves you when you mess up so it's not critical as an attacker. She's still great for robot counter and buffed up lanes too.

But is this for TB or just because you want to R3 a cosmic? What else is in your roster? Do you need this rank up right now or can you hold it in case you get someone slightly better (maybe a CGR, Hercules, possibly a duped king Groot, knull or even a venom/venom pool).

If you have a 5* ot 6* magneto already, do you really need another robot killer? I find my 5* R5 Medusa gets benched for Magneto most of the time these days, but she put in tons of work before Red Mags got his buff.

Medusa is definitely r3 worthy, but is she your best option, all things considered?
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    Ghost12 said:

Yes or nope

medusa great robot counter and still great without dupe
    Ghost12 said:

I asked about Venom and Corvous a few days ago but I can't seem to still make my mind about them. Even though its most likely going to be Venom, after doing act 6 with a rank 4 VP I'm just not sure anymore where venom can be useful. So I saw Medusa and thought she would be worth rank 3 but only problem she is not duped. So I'm not sure if she is worth to rank 3 or she is. What do you guys think.

venom doesnt need dupe either, and corv does what he does without dupe as well. corv is similar to herc in the sense that his dupe simply allows more time to stay alive and deal dmg, but if you are reaching death that fast to begin with, the ability isnt going to help much.
  • Options

Ghost12 said:

Yes or nope

Ghost12 said:

venom doesnt need dupe either, and corv does what he does without dupe as well. corv is similar to herc in the sense that his dupe simply allows more time to stay alive and deal dmg, but if you are reaching death that fast to begin with, the ability isnt going to help much.
    There both duped so thats the good news lmao. The only problem is I just don't see where there need it anymore, Corvous for AQ but thats just it. Venom I guess for some future content but VP is way better than him at least in my opinion and experience. But thx I guess M is worth rank 3
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Venom is a beast.

Spider verse counter, omnom on sp1 works like nullify and gives him some Regen. Access to armor break from heavies and heavies change his buffs before they lock in if you want to shoot for specific ones (furies, critical rating).

Venom is great for several variants (Xl champ, symbiote, villain) and he put in work last summer of pain and for my 7.4 exploration - especially for Kang since venom is great for buffs and debuffs. He also is a star for monthly cav eq cosmic paths and buffed up paths.

I'd take venom over Medusa any day. Corvus... Used to love him, but I get tired of him when charges aren't easy to get in a path and he really needs suicides - if you're not using suicides don't even consider corvus.

Venom works great without suicides - I mostly throw sp1 with him and finish fights with an sp2.

Deep wounds is a key mastery that takes him to another level too since his bleed debuffs increase his damage, considerably.
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    Ghost12 said:

Ghost12 said:

Yes or nope

Ghost12 said:

There both duped so thats the good news lmao. The only problem is I just don't see where there need it anymore, Corvous for AQ but thats just it. Venom I guess for some future content but VP is way better than him at least in my opinion and experience. But thx I guess M is worth rank 3
    corv boosted with a minimum of 2-3 charges can make any boss in AW a 20 second fight, just like herc.
    venom honestly comes in clutch vs sooo many champs and content. last week venom was able to run just about every lvl of side quest. his lack of immunities are the only issue but besides that still better than 90% of the cosmic class
  • Options
    Noise72Noise72 Posts: 337 ★★★
    Nope. She wont gain any furies so you wont see her god tier damage. Also she wont work for cosmic related nodes that involve gaining buffs.