**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Some QOL ideas for summer camp #2 (The summoner appreciation event)

Erik_Killmonger1001Erik_Killmonger1001 Posts: 427 ★★★
edited June 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
So since we are approaching the summoner appreciation time, I decided to share some ideas I had to make the summoner camp event more player, with some lessons from last year

1.) Make it a solo event

This does a few things, firstly it means you do 980 fights over the summer rather than mandating 10 fights a day, it removes all the issues with people forgetting to claim the token and then the objective resetting, it also does a better job of rewarding loyalty over summer since the more you grind the quicker you get rewards, but then if you want to take it slower for a few days or even go on holiday for a week or so you can catch up fairly easily.

This fixes one of the major problems from last time which was only having 5 grace days over a nearly 100 day event. Also this helps to idiot proof it since the claiming of tokens then using them in a store to unlock other rewards was very convoluted and easy to mess up the entire event if you did one things wrong.

2.) People can claim the milestones in any order

This is just nice, it gives greater flexibility and stash control, there are typically some very high end resources towards the end of the event and being able to claim them as and when you need rather than on specific day can really help to make management easier.

3.)Do a proper graphic/summary page

Having 96 items listed out one by one can be a bit harsh on the eye and make it tough to work out what resources you get when, giving people the option to view the rewards in a condensed format (all stacks of 5* shards together eg), would be super. I love when people like catmurdock do infographics but it feels a bit odd that often they are way easier to understand than the actual official posts from the game team about the event.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Kabam: here's the neat part, we will not have summoner appreciation this year.

Joking, also the first point you mentioned is so important, 10 fights a day with really annoying
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 594 ★★★

So since we are approaching the summoner appreciation time, I decided to share some ideas I had to make the summoner camp event more player, with some lessons from last year

1.) Make it a solo event

This does a few things, firstly it means you do 980 fights over the summer rather than mandating 10 fights a day, it removes all the issues with people forgetting to claim the token and then the objective resetting, it also does a better job of rewarding loyalty over summer since the more you grind the quicker you get rewards, but then if you want to take it slower for a few days or even go on holiday for a week or so you can catch up fairly easily.

This fixes one of the major problems from last time which was only having 5 grace days over a nearly 100 day event. Also this helps to idiot proof it since the claiming of tokens then using them in a store to unlock other rewards was very convoluted and easy to mess up the entire event if you did one things wrong.

For what it’s worth I think 980 is still to high. That works out to almost the 10 fights a day anyway. The issue -imo - is that there’s no real formula for that to encompass everyone. If I recall aq and aw fights didn’t count. And there’s a lot of non arena grinders. Last year was the first “fight” requirement that I recall for appreciation

With summer. Vacations. Etc. it just seems to be the opposite of QOL to want to increase summoner engagement in order to “appreciate” them.