**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Battlegrounds getting more bugged by the minute

CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 300
edited July 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
Win an easy fight with 99% health, get a results countdown and get this after the countdown.

After losing a fight that I won I thought I should record it…

Again… how can we have a competitive game mode with ranked rewards if the game is not accurately tracking the results?
Cheaters.. game glitches.. and input issues.. there is no way to have legitimate competition with this many issues because people are not affected equally, making for an uneven and illegitimate playing field.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    Kabam JaxKabam Jax Posts: 1,715
    Hello Summoners.

I understand many of us are encountering bugs while playing the Battlegrounds beta. While we appreciate the feedback and communication on these issues, this is the nature of a beta, unfortunately; still ironing out the kinks.

Our team is working to resolve issues, both during this beta and for the full release of the game mode.

It's been discussed elsewhere, but it bears repeating: the leaderboards will be examined to remove cheaters before distributing rewards. I know this still impacts players match-to-match experience, but this is a beta, so please try to be patient as we work towards a resolution.
  • Options
    VegetaNoOujiVegetaNoOuji Posts: 57
    I thought Battlegrounds was intriguing when I first came back. That slowly subsided after it became littered with cheats, bugs and honestly, having better rewards available elsewhere.

When I spend energy to go into a fight to win the fight in 20 seconds or so to say I lost and done 0 damage,or that the opponent killed their opponent in 2 seconds. Yeah, no.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,632 ★★★★★
    I won a fight yesterday (magneto vs modok). and got a black screen at the end. I figured the enemy just forfeited but when I force closed and restarted the game, I had 4 seconds to complete a fight I had just won already. That sucked and resulted in a L for that round.

I’ve had continuous problems with the fight timer going missing this month and the last beta.

I also had my chosen defender swapped out with 1 second left on the timer a few days ago.
  • Options
    BluntMacheteBluntMachete Posts: 134
    Saying "ironing out the kinks" when it's significantly and exponentially buggier than the previous beta.
  • Options
    BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    CoMinow said:

Win an easy fight with 99% health, get a results countdown and get this after the countdown.

After losing a fight that I won I thought I should record it…

Again… how can we have a competitive game mode with ranked rewards if the game is not accurately tracking the results?
    Cheaters.. game glitches.. and input issues.. there is no way to have legitimate competition with this many issues because people are not affected equally, making for an uneven and illegitimate playing field.

I came here to report the exact same bug. Won my first match EASILY in under 20secs but the time didn't register and I lost the fight. Next fight had the blue and red screen and the countdown, when it reached zero... I lost without having fought.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Kabam Jax said:

Hello Summoners.

I understand many of us are encountering bugs while playing the Battlegrounds beta. While we appreciate the feedback and communication on these issues, this is the nature of a beta, unfortunately; still ironing out the kinks.

Our team is working to resolve issues, both during this beta and for the full release of the game mode.

It's been discussed elsewhere, but it bears repeating: the leaderboards will be examined to remove cheaters before distributing rewards. I know this still impacts players match-to-match experience, but this is a beta, so please try to be patient as we work towards a resolution.

It is a beta, sure. That doesn’t change the fact that the beta is offering the rarest rank up items in the game for ranked rewards.. even if it only effects match to match play, those matches are how we earn our placement in the event which is not beta rewards! Also nice scoring system in general. Lose .2% health and lose because every second is more valuable than 1% health?! SMH. Walking away from a fight with barely a scratch should always outweigh winning quickly with a broken fist. But people that use suicides spent on them so they should have an inherent advantage I guess.

You shouldn’t be able to lose when your at 100% unless they are also

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Pretty sure it’s happening for me when I win with Nimrod against professor X.. again I win the fight and in game it says 100% health. And I get this results screen. When the next fight is supposed to load I go directly to the results countdown again. it won’t load the next fight. And it happens on the same fight.

• Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,594 ★★★★★
    Sean_Who said:

It is a beta.

And your point is? I would wholeheartedly agree with everyone who uses "it's a beta" argument IF there was no cost to play the mode. While their is a cost in place to play the beta argument goes out the window because those affected by the bugs are LOSING out by playing a beta ( which, by design, is intended to allow us to aid them with the development of the mode, which, again, incurring an energy cost to play a mode designed to HELP kabam is just ludicrous). To off set this kabam need to send out x amount of energy refills so that its not incurring a cost for us, do away with the entry cost for the beta OR create a new energy that is maybe unlimited in the beta.

Its a huge con to charge us to play all while knowing there is a tremendous amount of cheaters, then you have the bugs and on top of that input issues and lag/delays.

It's all well and good saying the cheaters will be wormed our prior to rewards pay out but that doesn't help the situation really, I might of spent an extra 8x energy refills as a result of those cheaters, meaning I could of got battlegrounds rewards from the store a lot quicker as well as saved x amount of energy. I hope kabam factor that in when they worm them out and allow everyone some energy to off set it, but they won't.
  • Options
    StarzStarz Posts: 153
    Based on the first fight won my second match of three im sure was also a win but the screen went dark and the timer just counted to zero. Next screen showed me losing my second match and that I lost all together... smh

I understand it's a Beta. That said you should not give end game material at all when something is still so bugged. All it does is make people like myself angry when stuff like this happens and also takes potential resources away that were won fair and square. (non bugged rankings considered)
  • Options
    EggsandbaconEggsandbacon Posts: 44

Just a few examples to add, loading issues with battlegrounds sometimes crashes and when does load it goes straight into a timed out or when it does let you in you only have a couple seconds left.

Battlegrounds is just an energy drain with these issues
  • Options
    I just had a guy quit.. went to the black screen like always. Except I got the loss!… wtf
    So now people quit and get wins…

Fix your “beta” that offers the rarest rewards in the game! It’s complete bs that bad players and cheaters continue to prosper
  • Options
    EggsandbaconEggsandbacon Posts: 44

Even more examples can’t pick bans than can’t pick champs, than next match round 3 ability to pick champs went game screen froze than the inevitable black screen with the 50:50 over who gets the win.

Do we know if this stuff is being addressed before the next run off battlegrounds?
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 803 ★★★★
    You can put the word beta on it... but with more r4 materials than mamy carina challanges... its still serious to thise going for it
  • Options
    StarzStarz Posts: 153
    Forget the modders the bugs are messing up rankings worst than they are.
  • Options
    Dylanc0405Dylanc0405 Posts: 43
    During the beta the timer counted only the time you were in the round. If it loaded at 1:50 left and you won with 1:10 left, then you were scored as having taken 40 seconds.

Now it counts the loading time too. If you have 1:10 left you count as having used 50 seconds, even if it took 10 seconds to load the fight. Just like legend runs, ios user r getting a clear advantage iver android