**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

battlegrounds sucks!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    WurmpjeWurmpje Posts: 4

I think if there was a champ tier selector that would be pretty cool.

3*/4*/5* champs only, that would give us something to use our lower tiered champs on and open it up to a much wider player base.

Remember when we used to be able to sell 2*/3*/4* but then kabam was like, “nope, we’re gonna make lots of cool modes where you’ll need those low star champs so no more selling”. Seems like this might have been a good mode to do something like that. I think I’d enjoy 2* BG
  • Options
    StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★

Strategic said:

zaspacer said:

Strategic said:

I'm thronebreaker with a decent roster and I'm F2P and been playing for 7 years and 100% act 7 so I do have some skill.

Not much I can do to compete against the newest champs all awakened at R4!

Wasting my time and energy on a win every 3 or 4 fights for nothing!

You can do Battlegrounds one of two ways:
    1) play it
    2) farm it

If you don't enjoy playing the mode, just farm it for what you want and move on. Just like all content in MCOC. As a Thronebreaker, farming Battlegrounds is fast, easy, and can get you good rewards.

To farm Battlegrounds all you have to do is Forfeit matches (upper left button) to drop your Rank until it is low. Once your Rank is low enough (differs by player), you can then find matches against weak opponents. You can farm these weak opponents fast and easy in order to complete the Battlegrounds Events. And then you can use the Trophy Tokens earned through the events to purchase items in the Battlegrounds store.

Here is a more detailed breakdown of how to farm Battlegrounds quick and easy:

If your rank is high, Forfeit as-fast-as-possible once the match starts (be fast so you can lock in the Forfeit). This will drop your Ranking. Do not win higher Rank matches, because (1) these matches will be slower and harder, and (2) winning will just raise your Rank, and result in you having to spend even more Energy to farm the extra losses needed to get to the lower Rank you'll want.

Forfeiting matches can also help to quickly and easily farm the Battleground Event "Battle Ready" (play matches).

Once you are low enough Rank, it becomes fast and easy to farm wins against weak opponents. These weak opponents will often Forfeit to you (once they see your roster; or after they see the draft; or some because they are farming losses for Battleground Event "Battle Ready"), or you can beat them in 1-2 fights (1 because many will Forfeit after badly losing the first fight). As a bonus, the current Battlegrounds has a shorter clock, so this helps lower the wait time as you wait for their match to end, for even full timer fights.

Farming wins against weak opponents is good to quickly and easily complete the Battleground Event "High Ground" (win matches).

If your Rank begins to climb to high and farming becomes slower and harder, just use the Forfeit method to drop back to a lower Rank.

Once you have completed the Battleground Events, stop playing the Battleground mode and do something else, or use excess energy to get your Rank lower to setup your next round of Battlegrounds farming.

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.
    Yeah I used to do that previously but this round there's R4 material on the line for the first 5000 on the chart so tanking is not a good idea. But I have started tanking today cause I could use the 6* shards a lot more than 2% of a R4 every month. Just FYI I have been moving between place around 1700 to 4500 when I wasn't tanking it's just a bad streak of 3 loses in a row that pushed me out of the top 5000.
    Isn't it only top 2500?
    Yeah my alliance corrected me too. Thougt it was 5K
  • Options
    StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Amit_690 said:

I also stopped playing bg after the changes in scoring system, and reducing the time period of the fight, I usually got around 65-70 seconds for a fight. Because of long loading time, But I saw others player are getting 80-90 seconds.
    And sometimes it gives me only 4-5 seconds to select a champ. As a defender for opponent and then auto select it when I unable to do in this very short time period.
    Another issue is that sometimes I wasn't allowed to Enter in the fight but the timer continues ticking and at last showed me you lost.
    So that's why I stopped playing bg, it's just wasting your energy.

Yeah happened to me too.
  • Options

Strategic said:

I used to love BGs! It was the best and possibly only good part of MCOC recently.
    But now with shorter timers and no nodes and the new stupid scoring system it's a matter of who has the biggest roster! No skill involved.

I'm thronebreaker with a decent roster and I'm F2P and been playing for 7 years and 100% act 7 so I do have some skill.
    But this BGs week is just complete BS!!! No skill involved when you're up against P2W players with a all the possible R4s this game can offer against my mostly R2s and a bunch of R3s and 1 R4! Not much I can do to compete against the newest champs all awakened at R4!

I'm super pissed off and completely think about quitting playing BGs altogether. Wasting my time and energy on a win every 3 or 4 fights for nothing!

Also, haven't seen anyone complaining about how the "next round screen" animation taking like 5 seconds of your 15 seconds timer when it's your turn to place. Is it just me?
    Also, Why do we need to waste 15 seconds on each post fight screen to see how bad we got our butts kicked and 15 seconds at the end of the match to show us that we lost for 15 seconds with no option to skip the screen???

This game has become completely frustrating and starting to think maybe it's time to retire completely...

Now to wait and see if this gets shut down, ignored or laughed at by trolls...

So...... You say you're skilled for doing act 7 100% with the roster you mentioned which have defenders from 250k to over 400k health and nodes way worse than BGs but struggle with BGs against r4s with 1 node and less than 200k health.

Huh..
    What's ur point exactly? Because he's right BG is ****, modders are all I encounter.
  • Options
    Vergeman78Vergeman78 Posts: 132 ★★
    Why bring back to life à July post? 🤔
This discussion has been closed.