**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My final thoughts on Gorr

Ghost12Ghost12 Posts: 604 ★★★
edited July 2022 in General Discussion
Over all after I took him to rank 5 he has being enjoyable. How ever the damage you're about to see is from his l3 and this is with Mr. Fantastic and Cap IW, I would say for longer fights like ROL or even short fights his best rotation with Mr. Fantastic and Cap IW is build as many shadow magic buffs as you can. Once thats done parry the opponent throw then a heavy and get a power gain, once you get to the l3 thow it and then do as many mids as you can and once you have over 20 debuffs throw l3, in most cases it should take one l3 to finish the champ but if you do not just do the mids and the opponent will go down eventually..

Over all kabbam had the right ideas but my major criticism for the champ is number 1 why disable willpower when you can just reduce the regen from willpower like kingpin just a bit if there worried about him having Wolverine regen. Instead it makes him a very frustrating champ to play because his regen is not like Mr. Sinister where if he gets crit he regens a huge amount of health(based on the crit damage) while Gorrs regen is based on opponents hit and his regen is not strong enough. You can see that with warlock my champ is ticking 21 plus regen while his shock is dealing 223 damage. That is a very weak regen and even Angela has a far more superior regen than he does and she benefits from willpower. Last his furys need a pause mechanic either in special attacks, mid combo finished, heavy(like storm OG) or just do a light finish and that pauses all of the fury for 7 seconds or 6 and you can still refresh this for any special thrown but this will allow him to build his furys quickly and less stressful.

Strengths
Over all strong damage, strong damage debbufs best part if the opponent is immune to one of his debuffs he applies degen instead and if fighting tech champs the degen debuff goes to 500%, strong furys, could be a counter to stun reflect because his poison debuffs, great counter to auto block, could be an option for rich and richer node and a strong l3 damage.

Weakness
Very low regen, no resistance to damaging debuffs or immunities, no willpower, bad for suicides and no pause for the fury's.

Over all his shadow magic buffs do not need to be paused during combos but his furys definitely deserve to have some sort of pause mechanic because without Mr. Fantastic or Cap IW he is very stressful to maintain the fury buffs I even prefer the l3 method over doing l2 constantly. The most thing that I have to give kabbam a slap in the wrist is you give him heal block immunity and you give him a regen buff that can stack if triggering that following debuff of you're shadow magic buff. However what is the point of disabling willpower from him if his just gonna have an extremely low regen, besides for the vicious buffs, while they are good I seriously think he needs willpower because otherwise he is right now probably the number 1 bad champ for suicides and also a bad champ to bring where non damaging debuffs reduce his attack or other things. Usually none damaging debuffs are nice so you can recover back that HP you've lost however with this disable he is very limited.

Over all he needs a small tune, just give him willpower and reduce the rate of his regen with it or leave it full potent willpower, 2nd could be like Claire he triggers immunity depending on what debuffs match his shadow magic buffs. 2nd needs a way to pause his fury's and thats it....

Hopefully with the champ balance program they will have a second look at him.

Comments

• Options

• Options
    Credit for the synergy team karatemike415
  • Options

Repeating my incredibly insightful and most interesting and important to read info on Gorr from his Spotlight

He’s pretty good

He is pretty good on the damage side. But sustainability is very bad as with no willpower and no immunities or even resistance to damaging debuffs his going to struggle in a lot of content, utility doesn't matter usually if a champ has high damage so his definitely fine on that. Even though the utility with him would be counter to auto block and plenty buffs so good counter for rich and richer node
  • Options
    Darth_SaintDarth_Saint Posts: 26
    I just want to be able to use him while running suicide masteries. I’m not expecting him to be gamebreaking like Hercules. I just don’t want him to be completely unusable like DDHK.
  • Options

I just want to be able to use him while running suicide masteries. I’m not expecting him to be gamebreaking like Hercules. I just don’t want him to be completely unusable like DDHK.

Yeah same here. Man has good damage but disabling willpower has got to be one of the most dumbest things they've done so far for a champ. His good but not useful sadly, especially with sustainability being bad. He suffers plenty of problems