**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds energy

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
edited July 2022 in General Discussion
Why not make specific energy for BGs like duels or AQ/AW?
I finished Cavalier this month already but trying to do act 6 100% and with next month EQ and act 8 on the horizon and other content we will be forced to decide how to spend our energy.
Why not make BGs entry credits that refresh every 1.5 hours per credit and each BGs start and cost 1 credit and you start with 5 when full.
1.5 hour credit refresh is 15 energy right now.
You can call it "stamina" for example and sell specific stamina credits in the store for units, either singles or full 5.
This way we can do BGs and other content.

Comments

• Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

Nah I’d rather have zero entry cost

Honestly don’t mind if someone wants to play thousands of games. I rewards max out so no benefit there either. Would honestly be a win-win for Kabam.

I can only assume that when a friendly mode comes out that it will cost less or no energy. I don't know why Kabam hasn't included it in the Beta but it is what it is. I think if they were to remove energy costs for the ranked mode that the rating system would need to be looked into a little bit. Someone who plays say 40 matches a week and is able to go 30-10 should be rewarded better than someone who plays 100 matches and goes 60-40. The system sort of works now because although the second person has a lower win rate, they've invested a lot more energy so that balances out rewarding them equally. If you remove that cost, there needs to be something else to find a balance.

I played the ranked mode in UFC back in the day and they had a belt system. Basically you started as a white belt and in order to progress to the next belt, you had to win 7 out of 10 matches. If you won between 4 and 6, you stayed at the same belt. If you won 3 or less you were demoted. You would only face other people who were the same belt as you. I like this in favour of Kabam's current system because you actually had to continue to have a significantly positive win rate in order to progress. You couldn't really get there by just barely being over 50% and then playing an absurd number of matches.