**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kamala (do not read if you haven’t watched Ms. Marvel)

I have a valid question. Kabam, will y’all be changing Kamala Khan into a MUTANT since Marvel / Kevin Feige confirmed she’s a MUTANT instead of INHUMAN in the MCU?

Comments

• Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    No
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    This is an mcu change not a marvel change. She’s a inhuman in the comics.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    I read it.
    Haven't watched ms marvel.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    MCU =/= Marvel Comics =/= MCOC

In the MCU they state that the world that everything has happened in is Earth 616. Which is wildly wrong because 616 is the main Comics Universe. Just because Feige wants the MCU to be the most canon representation of “Marvel” doesn’t make it the most canon, at all.

So the crux of it is, the game doesn’t follow either the comics or the movies, it is an entity of it’s own that takes representations of both of those things to create it’s own story in it’s own designated universe, therefore it doesn’t have to strictly follow either of the source materials to the letter and has some creative license.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    To be honest, there’s a mention of “genetic” abnormalities, which could technically include Inhumans as well as mutants. And while the show clearly plays the ‘90’s X-Men theme tone, who knows if that’s just a tease? I’m not sure what ability Marvel has to use the term “mutant” in its shows—have to see what happens.

Dr. Zola
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

To be honest, there’s a mention of “genetic” abnormalities, which could technically include Inhumans as well as mutants. And while the show clearly plays the ‘90’s X-Men theme tone, who knows if that’s just a tease? I’m not sure what ability Marvel has to use the term “mutant” in its shows—have to see what happens.

Dr. Zola

This was my thought. Everyone yelling mutant but Inhumans are very much the same. They have a gene that responds to the terrigen mists. Mutants have the x-gene.

It could just be a misdirection for later. Unless the rumors are true and the Feige actually despises inhumans.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

This was my thought. Everyone yelling mutant but Inhumans are very much the same. They have a gene that responds to the terrigen mists. Mutants have the x-gene.

It could just be a misdirection for later. Unless the rumors are true and the Feige actually despises inhumans.
    There’s ample reason to despise the Inhumans after their series.

Dr. Zola
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,677 ★★★★★
    Except that using black bolt in Dr strange 2 kinda makes fiege or anyone disliking inhumans a moot point.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

This was my take at the end of the show. Inhumans go through a mutation for their powers. Even the classes in game aren’t one specific class. There are cosmic inhumans, skill inhumans, science inhumans. We could see mutant inhumans in game as well. That doesn’t mean they aren’t inhumans
    Jaded said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

This was my take at the end of the show. Inhumans go through a mutation for their powers. Even the classes in game aren’t one specific class. There are cosmic inhumans, skill inhumans, science inhumans. We could see mutant inhumans in game as well. That doesn’t mean they aren’t inhumans
    Actually I don’t think we can see Mutant Inhumans. To be an Inhuman you have to be exposed to the Terrigen Mist which activated the dormant inhuman genes. When someone who is a mutant is exposed to the mist, they end up contracting M-Pox which can be lethal to them. Although some mutants may have been exposed to the Mist in the past with no ill effect, all “modern” mutants are not immune to it from what I can remember.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

I’m not sure what ability Marvel has to use the term “mutant” in its shows—have to see what happens.

Dr. Zola

prior restrictions on the word mutant being used in the MCU was due to Fox. Since Disney owns Fox, restrictions no longer apply.
  • MightyDMightyD Posts: 95

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Pretty sure she would turn out to be an inhuman in The Marvels, mutants don't have to be in contact of any physical object to activate their powers/mutation unless mcu decides to make mutants that way which won't be a good idea in my opinion.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Feige wasn't a fan of the Inhumans and Ike Perlmutter's philosophy of "Give me the Avengers at the cost of 1/8 of their budget" didn't help things.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    MightyD said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Pretty sure she would turn out to be an inhuman in The Marvels, mutants don't have to be in contact of any physical object to activate their powers/mutation unless mcu decides to make mutants that way which won't be a good idea in my opinion.
    Yes and no, mutant powers tend to be dormant for x-amount of time save for ones like Nightcrawler who don't look like regular humans. Many times their powers manifest due to stress, fear or danger.

My only point was that they have a special gene that makes them mutant and so do inhumans.
    ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Actually I don’t think we can see Mutant Inhumans. To be an Inhuman you have to be exposed to the Terrigen Mist which activated the dormant inhuman genes. When someone who is a mutant is exposed to the mist, they end up contracting M-Pox which can be lethal to them. Although some mutants may have been exposed to the Mist in the past with no ill effect, all “modern” mutants are not immune to it from what I can remember.
    Not classing an inhuman as a mutant because of the x-genes but rather because of the reaction to the terrigen to inhumans mutates them. If they do proceed to consider Kamala a “mutant” in the show doesn’t mean she’s not still an inhuman. At least again my take on what’s happening. More of a expansion of terms rather then removal of one.
    ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I’m not meaning to call them mutants because of the x-gene. But rather call them mutants because the terrigen mist that mutants them to have powers. So I could see marvel telling a kabam that the next inhuman released to be classified as a mutant. More of an expansion of terms rather then removal of one. So “mutant inhuman” 🤷‍♂️

*I had 3 attempts goto the abyss of confirmation 🤦‍♂️
    Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I’m not meaning to call them mutants because of the x-gene. But rather call them mutants because the terrigen mist that mutants them to have powers. So I could see marvel telling a kabam that the next inhuman released to be classified as a mutant. More of an expansion of terms rather then removal of one. So “mutant inhuman” 🤷‍♂️

That’s the thing though, the inhumans aren’t “mutants” at all. The inhuman gene is very present on Earth as a whole, it just needs to be activated by the terrigen mist. In the same way that mutants have the X-Gene and that latent gene needs to be activated in some way. Both of them were also “created” by different races altogether, Inhumans were an experiment by the Kree, mutants were formed because of the Celestials experiments.

The only term that closest resembles what you’re expressing with “mutant inhuman” would be an “inhuman mutate”. A mutate is someone who gains their powers through a mutation that isn’t X-Gene related. So like Spider-Man for example and the radioactive spider. It caused a mutation but doesn’t mean he’s a mutant, therefore he’s a mutate.
    ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

That’s the thing though, the inhumans aren’t “mutants” at all. The inhuman gene is very present on Earth as a whole, it just needs to be activated by the terrigen mist. In the same way that mutants have the X-Gene and that latent gene needs to be activated in some way. Both of them were also “created” by different races altogether, Inhumans were an experiment by the Kree, mutants were formed because of the Celestials experiments.

The only term that closest resembles what you’re expressing with “mutant inhuman” would be an “inhuman mutate”. A mutate is someone who gains their powers through a mutation that isn’t X-Gene related. So like Spider-Man for example and the radioactive spider. It caused a mutation but doesn’t mean he’s a mutant, therefore he’s a mutate.
    Again, I’m not talking about what has been in previous lore. I understand everything you are trying to say, i adding that perhaps they are trying to expand inhumans to mutants. We are directly referring to what happened at the end of the show, and how it can impact the future of terminology towards inhumans. It’s definitely not far fetched to call inhuman’s mutants because they go through a mutation. That could be what’s going through the minds of mcu brass, try to shed the “inhuman” term for something more favourable.
    Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Again, I’m not talking about what has been in previous lore. I understand everything you are trying to say, i adding that perhaps they are trying to expand inhumans to mutants. We are directly referring to what happened at the end of the show, and how it can impact the future of terminology towards inhumans. It’s definitely not far fetched to call inhuman’s mutants because they go through a mutation. That could be what’s going through the minds of mcu brass, try to shed the “inhuman” term for something more favourable.
    Which is exact the issue I have that I mentioned earlier. The MCU shouldn’t be the one to dictate what the established canon is. They already tried to state that the MCU is set in Earth 616 (it’s not), so they can try and call Inhumans “mutants” but they won’t be.

MCU is not “canon” outside of the MCU.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,677 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Which is exact the issue I have that I mentioned earlier. The MCU shouldn’t be the one to dictate what the established canon is. They already tried to state that the MCU is set in Earth 616 (it’s not), so they can try and call Inhumans “mutants” but they won’t be.

Eh to be fair, 838 or whatever is the one that designated the main mcu as 616. Not the main mcu timelines themselves.
    Buttehrs said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

ItsDamien said:

Jaded said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Eh to be fair, 838 or whatever is the one that designated the main mcu as 616. Not the main mcu timelines themselves.
    Yes and no. Technically Mysterio called it 616 first in Far From Home, it was then reaffirmed in MOM by the Illuminati there, and was even teased as being 616 back in Thor The Dark World by Eric Selvig scribblings on a chalk board. They’ve been trying this entire time to set it up this way and it’s just not okay.