**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Any talks on progression based crystal updates? What do you want to see in them?

Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
edited July 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Been a while since the introduction of Cavalier champion crystals and wondered if anything has been mentioned of newer crystals based on progression – if not, any update would be appreciated I'm sure. Crystals in general have been quite stagnant since Thronebreaker's introduction.

What crystals would you guys like to see? What do the content of those crystals look like?

I don't necessarily want to improve the 6* drop rates but I definitely want to see 3* champions removed from at least Thronebreaker crystals; maybe them being a nexus style crystal by standard.

On a similar topic: What happened to wish crystals? Are the they still in the works?

WISH CRYSTAL – IN DESIGN – Elements of the Wish Crystal design are in progress, but as it is a pretty big cost on the front end (building new screens, controlling how you choose your Champions, communicating how it works in-game) it may take longer than our original timeline (we aren’t moving it just yet, but given all the other things we’re trying to build, it may get delayed a quarter). That being said we will look for ways to make improvements along the lines of the Wish Crystal for the original timeline of late 2020, early 2021 if we have to delay.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I think that raising the floor rather than the ceiling is a good way to go. KT1 has been quite vocal about the problems with increasing the drop rates for 6* champions since that'll just allow whales to get a ton more of them, and I largely agree with that. I think that removing the 3*s might be the way to go. Basically have a huge chance for a 4*, a decent chance for a 5*, and a very small chance for a 6* (with the two latter being at their current drop rates). That way, you could buy them as a reliable way to get more ISO, even if you're not more likely to pull a 6* than you are from Cavalier crystals. I think that's fair, especially for Paragon players since it takes a ton of ISO to r4 champions. There has to be a somewhat easy way to get that.

I don't think they should be upgraded to Nexus crystals, though. If you whale out, you'd get exponentially more options from Nexus crystals than from regular ones. I'd rather Nexus crystals be available for everyone at roughly the same amount - maybe as SQ rewards.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    Honestly, I'd be totally fine if they did a TB crystal with the following drop rates:

4* - 55%
    4* Nexus - 4.5%
    Total - 59.5 %
    5* - 28%
    5* Nexus - 2.5%
    Total - 30.5%
    6* - 9%
    6* Nexus - 1%
    Total - 10%

6* are still rare enough to not flood the masses, but no 3* is a huge win.

Cav+ players have no need whatsoever for 3* champs. If you want to collect all the 3*, then do lower level EQ and SQ and grind the arenas. These crystals (just like the current GM and Cavs) are mostly used for iso. Opening 10 and getting 8 - 3* champs is nightmare,.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    well they've started in the right direction with the monthly calendar crystal for Paragon. no way as a Paragon player, you should have to even see a 3* hero ... 4* at the absolute border but not even that so whatever update they do i hope it's getting rid of at the very least 3* heroes for Paragon.
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Ercarret said:

Yeah, I think that raising the floor rather than the ceiling is a good way to go. KT1 has been quite vocal about the problems with increasing the drop rates for 6* champions since that'll just allow whales to get a ton more of them, and I largely agree with that. I think that removing the 3*s might be the way to go. Basically have a huge chance for a 4*, a decent chance for a 5*, and a very small chance for a 6* (with the two latter being at their current drop rates). That way, you could buy them as a reliable way to get more ISO, even if you're not more likely to pull a 6* than you are from Cavalier crystals. I think that's fair, especially for Paragon players since it takes a ton of ISO to r4 champions. There has to be a somewhat easy way to get that.

I don't think they should be upgraded to Nexus crystals, though. If you whale out, you'd get exponentially more options from Nexus crystals than from regular ones. I'd rather Nexus crystals be available for everyone at roughly the same amount - maybe as SQ rewards.

Nexus point is valid, although whales tend to get any six star they want if you're blubbery enough. Especially with the daily class nexus which is what prompted me to think about this; new deals for TB/PG but with Cav crystals...

It would be too easy, which would also affect Kabam negatively in spending I guess.

Honestly, I'd be totally fine if they did a TB crystal with the following drop rates:

4* - 55%
    4* Nexus - 4.5%
    Total - 59.5 %
    5* - 28%
    5* Nexus - 2.5%
    Total - 30.5%
    6* - 9%
    6* Nexus - 1%
    Total - 10%

6* are still rare enough to not flood the masses, but no 3* is a huge win.

Cav+ players have no need whatsoever for 3* champs. If you want to collect all the 3*, then do lower level EQ and SQ and grind the arenas. These crystals (just like the current GM and Cavs) are mostly used for iso. Opening 10 and getting 8 - 3* champs is nightmare,.

I think 10% sounds fair. It's impossible to make them as exciting as the initial Cavalier release I guess, without 7* champions, or without making them game-breakingly unfair.

well they've started in the right direction with the monthly calendar crystal for Paragon. no way as a Paragon player, you should have to even see a 3* hero ... 4* at the absolute border but not even that so whatever update they do i hope it's getting rid of at the very least 3* heroes for Paragon.

Yup, that's a good sign, but a long over due one. Thronebreakers have no use for a 4* either which was clear when introducing act 6 limitations, and one 5* a month is not going to hurt anybody even at TB level.

• Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★

How do TB or even Cav players need 3*? My point is increasing the iso drop at least by removing the 3*.

Do you think that TB players and Paragon players are so different to suggest that the absolute border is a 4* champ? Guessing you are Paragon, which is fine, but you were probably TB for over a year and Cav for year before that. When was the last time you used a 4* champ for anything other than arena or special events?
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

I mean that was the only place to go with the monthly crystal
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Honestly they should have removed 3* starting at the Cavalier level crystals. For Cavalier and above 3* are just simply there for limited content, ISO and shards. Not to mention there are so many ways to get a 3* champion.