**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Incursions Rewards Update!!

Avi146Avi146 Posts: 313 ★★
edited July 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
@""Kabam Miike" are there any plans to update incursions rewards anytime soon?
Every reward besides gold has been outdated for sometime now.
Now the amount of gold is also becoming lacklustre. I love the mode it’s or of my favourites, would love to see rewards being improved
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Avi146Avi146 Posts: 313 ★★
    Idk wtf happened to tagging Kabam Miike lol
    Fabwizi said:

Incursion itself needs revist, Need single player mode firstly and buffing the stage rewards and nodes.

Plus changes to hacks etc.

True I agree with everything besides single player mode….
    That would make it less fun imo incursions is supposed to be coop

Fabwizi said:

Incursion itself needs revist, Need single player mode firstly and buffing the stage rewards and nodes.

Plus changes to hacks etc.

Everytime i play, it's always those power sting debuff improvement hacks
    Lol
  • FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 442 ★★★
    IMO, AQ and AW rewards have way more serious issue than incursions
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    I played incursions for the first time in 1-2 years.

I got enough to crack open a 5* and then I realized ….. Kabam changed the crystals to be based on abilities (heal block, armor break , etc….) and ever since then , it’s not been worth my time. I saw nothing of value to me in the champs available and it’s another 37 days or so before it’ll change. Convinced me not to deal with incursions again; what a waste.
    FunnyDude said:

IMO, AQ and AW rewards have way more serious issue than incursions

Aq rewards still give out valid stuff
    So do aw rewards

Incursions literally give everything in lacklustre quantities
    2k 6 star shards per month?
    Like what

I played incursions for the first time in 1-2 years.

I got enough to crack open a 5* and then I realized ….. Kabam changed the crystals to be based on abilities (heal block, armor break , etc….) and ever since then , it’s not been worth my time. I saw nothing of value to me in the champs available and it’s another 37 days or so before it’ll change. Convinced me not to deal with incursions again; what a waste.

I feel ya:(
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,995 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We've seen periodic feedback about incursions, in general, recently and we have been relaying the information to the dev team.

I know there have been conversations about way to reinvigorate the game mode, though, nothing concrete for now.

Honestly, the mode is fun when I actually play it. The problems are 1) needing a consistent partner with a comparable schedule (because matchmaking will never be reliable), 2) duration of session (needing to set aside an hour or more for content that requires active attention and thought, unlike arena, which I can do while watching tv or something), and 3) the rewards aren’t worth the time.

There’s not much Kabam can do directly about problem 1 without making the mode playable solo, which is obviously not the intent. However, fixing problems 2 and 3 will make more people want to play the mode, and thereby indirectly fix that first problem.

As for addressing those problems, 3 is easy. Just buff up the rewards to include 6* crystals and a better rate of 6* shard acquisition. Bumping up gold would probably be appreciated as well. 2 is trickier. It’s a dungeon crawl mode. It’s supposed to be done to the point of exhaustion. I’m not really sure how to address the problem of “this takes too long” for a piece of randomly generated, infinitely escalating content. The goals seem to be at odds. Somebody smarter than me will have to work that one out.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We've seen periodic feedback about incursions, in general, recently and we have been relaying the information to the dev team.

I know there have been conversations about way to reinvigorate the game mode, though, nothing concrete for now.

Honestly, the mode is fun when I actually play it. The problems are 1) needing a consistent partner with a comparable schedule (because matchmaking will never be reliable), 2) duration of session (needing to set aside an hour or more for content that requires active attention and thought, unlike arena, which I can do while watching tv or something), and 3) the rewards aren’t worth the time.

There’s not much Kabam can do directly about problem 1 without making the mode playable solo, which is obviously not the intent. However, fixing problems 2 and 3 will make more people want to play the mode, and thereby indirectly fix that first problem.

As for addressing those problems, 3 is easy. Just buff up the rewards to include 6* crystals and a better rate of 6* shard acquisition. Bumping up gold would probably be appreciated as well. 2 is trickier. It’s a dungeon crawl mode. It’s supposed to be done to the point of exhaustion. I’m not really sure how to address the problem of “this takes too long” for a piece of randomly generated, infinitely escalating content. The goals seem to be at odds. Somebody smarter than me will have to work that one out.
    When problem 3 is solved, problem 2 won't be much of an issue. Most people will find is worthwhile. It's my favorite game mode even now with terrible rewards mainly cos it fun. I'd like them to add the sp3 skip to it and if possible a some additional texts to the chat (eg, if you want your partner to choose nodes, you'd have to type it) and etc.
    There are a numbers factors that affects the time that Kabam doesn't have much control. They can still leave it they way it now and buff the rewards, the store and most people will be okay. They can spend their time elsewhere and not worry about making it flashy.
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Ah so can’t expect anything anytime soon eh:(
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    Just a heads up, that’s a terrible title. If you really wanted to make people think that they just announced new incursions rewards or something, then spot on, but it’s just a bit misleading.

Just a heads up, that’s a terrible title. If you really wanted to make people think that they just announced new incursions rewards or something, then spot on, but it’s just a bit misleading.

Lolll you’re right actually, lemme check if I can change it now(I doubt it though)
    J0eySn0w said:

Wicket329 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

When problem 3 is solved, problem 2 won't be much of an issue. Most people will find is worthwhile. It's my favorite game mode even now with terrible rewards mainly cos it fun. I'd like them to add the sp3 skip to it and if possible a some additional texts to the chat (eg, if you want your partner to choose nodes, you'd have to type it) and etc.
    There are a numbers factors that affects the time that Kabam doesn't have much control. They can still leave it they way it now and buff the rewards, the store and most people will be okay. They can spend their time elsewhere and not worry about making it flashy.
    True agreed, my favourite too:(
    Wicket329 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

This.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Simple ways to add vigor to Incursions:

Make Incursions store as enticing as the BG store. Both in rewards and refreshes.
    Shorten the Champ cooldowns .
    Add Battlegrounds Reroll items to rewards you can get when wining fights.

Cheers.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

The basic issue for a lot of people is the ratio of time invested to rewards earnable. The mode has simply fallen well behind the rest of the game. Sure, finding reliable partners is also an issue, but that could be ameliorated by reducing cool down time.

It’s a very fun mode. Many players would love to see it given a little bit of time (which is probably all it needs).

Dr. Zola
  • MrFullStopMrFullStop Posts: 148 ★★
    some suggestions :
    1- all champions cooldown reset each incursion cycle (5 day cycle)
    2- matchmaking-only parties are free to dissolve if less than zone 4 (aka, champions don't go on cooldown)
    3- remove useless 'power sting' 'degeneration' damage increases nodes, yeah, they are good, but only for ~5 champions, and with only two possible choices each node, they keep reappearing.
    4- zone completion reward should be more than 500 gold!!! (you get if you do incursion before monthly reset once you get the original completion rewards)
    5- revamp friendship crystals, they are VERY VERY EXTREMELY bad.

another suggestion that is amazing if implemented but not likely gonna happen:
    increase attacker attack value each zone by half of the amount of the increase of the defender,
    e.g.: zone 1 to 2, defender gets ~20% atk+hp = attacker will get +10% atk.
    it's not much, but will make the fights go quicker, which is something that is needed since incursions take a long time to finish with very poor rewards
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Each milestone in sector 8 gives 125 6* shards , that's such a small value .. increase it to 10 times and make it 1250 6* shards each milestone.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I'd still not play it even if the rewards were buffed.

I just want a solo version of Incursions. Hell, I'd accept halving the rewards for playing solo so there's still encouragement to play with a partner. I just want solo content lol and I don't care at all about BGs tbh - doesn't scratch the solo content itch for me.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    Well, at least, with this store, we can easily choose other activities than the Incursions, without regrets.

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Simple ways to add vigor to Incursions:

Make Incursions store as enticing as the BG store. Both in rewards and refreshes.
    Shorten the Champ cooldowns .
    Add Battlegrounds Reroll items to rewards you can get when wining fights.

Cheers.
    Fr

some suggestions :
    1- all champions cooldown reset each incursion cycle (5 day cycle)
    2- matchmaking-only parties are free to dissolve if less than zone 4 (aka, champions don't go on cooldown)
    3- remove useless 'power sting' 'degeneration' damage increases nodes, yeah, they are good, but only for ~5 champions, and with only two possible choices each node, they keep reappearing.
    4- zone completion reward should be more than 500 gold!!! (you get if you do incursion before monthly reset once you get the original completion rewards)
    5- revamp friendship crystals, they are VERY VERY EXTREMELY bad.

another suggestion that is amazing if implemented but not likely gonna happen:
    increase attacker attack value each zone by half of the amount of the increase of the defender,
    e.g.: zone 1 to 2, defender gets ~20% atk+hp = attacker will get +10% atk.
    it's not much, but will make the fights go quicker, which is something that is needed since incursions take a long time to finish with very poor rewards

Haha yea 500 gold is a joke, it’s a placeholder probably but yea it should be at least 10k gold
    Agreed with all of em
    Rohit_316 said:

Each milestone in sector 8 gives 125 6* shards , that's such a small value .. increase it to 10 times and make it 1250 6* shards each milestone.

Seriously man, that’s the least they could do right away