**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

So who is tempted to run LOL easy path just for...

PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
...20K 5 star shards? My only option is a R4 5* Storm, I'm bordering on 10K 5* shards right now, a LOL easy path clearance would give me 2 shots at likely disappointment Stark Spidey.

I don't want to pull an Anonymous2K here, I know he did this and got Colossus, but on the other hand if you don't take risks you don't get the rewards.

Anyone else contemplating this utter madness?

Comments

• Options
    TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    I did it for gwenpool on April I think or March. And for the awakening gem for 5* voodoo. Cosmic gem, and drax from the third crystal I popped for gwenpool. I’d say it’s worth it for the accomplishment and for the alpha2, and I wish you luck for your spark, but don’t count on it.
  • Options
    DarkDark Posts: 60
    I did it just for fun not the rewards with my 4* SL and got 5* SL and Dr Voodoo
  • Options
    I might just go for it, start Sunday night. Even if I miss on Spark, I've still then got a LOL completion, plus I did pull Blade and Starlord last week (so this would just be the icing on the cake).

If I didn't do it, I reckon I'd always think back to "what if"...
  • Options
    Delta_14Delta_14 Posts: 64
    Just did this with a 4* SL for another 2 shots at Blade... and missed. Also got a completely useless 5* awakening gem for my roster.

I'm not saying don't do it (and I imagine a r4 5* Storm is a fairly good way to do it), but doing it for additional shots at a featured/getting a useful gem and not getting it does tarnish the experience somewhat. That said, if you have the units lying around, getting a first clear of LoL is never a bad option.
  • Options
    Why not save your shards and try to dupe blade when he comes back?

I had a skill awakening gem from 5.3 exploration, so I awakened him immediately. I'm hoping for a generic gem for exploring the entire act, then I can wake up Starlord for a full LOL run.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Delta_14 wrote: »
    Just did this with a 4* SL for another 2 shots at Blade... and missed. Also got a completely useless 5* awakening gem for my roster.

I'm not saying don't do it (and I imagine a r4 5* Storm is a fairly good way to do it), but doing it for additional shots at a featured/getting a useful gem and not getting it does tarnish the experience somewhat. That said, if you have the units lying around, getting a first clear of LoL is never a bad option.

Thanks, I appreciate that failure is a likely outcome. I think I could stand the loss, it's just a question of whether I can find the time to fit in all of the battles. I'll have a think.

As you say, completing LOL is never a bad thing, and it will give me enough T2As to consider a possible 5* rank 5 when T5Bs are released (Starlord or Blade - tough choice!).
  • Options
    Since I asked the question, I thought I’d post the results. I ran LOL easy path over 2 days with Storm, it was rough but I made it through. Unstoppable Colossus was the point at which my will began to break, but I raised my game after him.

I was determined to wait until tonight for the basic pool to improve before popping my 30K crystals, so I just popped my awakening gem - got a cosmic, the only one I didn’t want as I had one already.

I was pretty angry, so I foolishly queued up two Spark featured crystals and popped them instantly...

...got Spark and Winter Soldier. I nearly fell off my chair, I was bracing myself to be Kabammed.

So for me, this long and crazy journey was worth it. I really feel like I earned my pull as I worked really hard for it, but I sure had luck on my side as well.

But how I would kill for a tech awakening gem. Or two.
  • Options
    Mike_BMike_B Posts: 33
    I will do it too for the 20k and the Chance to get 5* spidy
    I hat allready 4 Trys and Missed But i got vodoo ultron cable and Hawkeye so it was ok for me i habe one more Try tomorrow 😊 and if that Not Happend than LOL ✌️
  • Options
    I was about to do LOL soon but pulled stark spidy a few days ago. Think I’ll still do it for the rank up items and the 5* gem awakening. Buying the 5* shards deal probably helped with the decision not to rush into it.