**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Loyalty still a big issue

13»

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Vydra said:

And yeah some of the arguments here about “earning more than what you can spend” is just invalid now with the store update today LMAO. If you were already playing competitively, you were playing on a deficit. Buy any of those items, and that deficit is realised within a few seasons

It’s still the same.

You earn X amount of loyalty monthly.

You choose to either,
    A) Not spend items on AW and buy the items from the store, resulting in some losses that could have been avoided if you had spent the items,

B) Spend units to buy items to spend in AW and save the loyalty to buy items from the store, maintaining your AW tier, or

C) Spend loyalty to buy AW pots and not buy items from the store.

It’s quite straightforward to wrap around, really.
    Vydra said:

xNig said:

Vydra said:

And yeah some of the arguments here about “earning more than what you can spend” is just invalid now with the store update today LMAO. If you were already playing competitively, you were playing on a deficit. Buy any of those items, and that deficit is realised within a few seasons

It’s still the same.

You choose to either,
    A) Not spend items on AW and buy the items from the store, resulting in some losses that could have been avoided if you had spent the items,

B) Spend units to buy items to spend in AW and save the loyalty to buy items from the store, maintaining your AW tier, or

And allow me to introduce to you the keyword of the quote you replied to : competitively.

Obviously if you’re a casual player like yourself who doesn’t push and is just happy with where you’re at, you’re not going to see a problem. Let me dumb it down for you and tell you that competition is now killed off and alliances will now join you in just being happy with where they’re at lmao.

And pardon us competitive war players for pouring out our concerns with an already stagnant mode. This single change has snuffed out whatever fun/competition the mode had left. It has effectively become as mundane as AQ.

Also, if it helps dial down your passive aggression (who hurt you man?! LOL), we might just agree on this possibly unintended move by Kabam that revive wars are the cheapest and best thing to have happened to AWs since they stopped no item wars back in 2016.
    It isn’t. Players can still choose either spend units or loyalty to compete and get masters/P1 rewards on top of the store rewards.

You can’t say that competition is over given there’s an alternative currency to purchase pots.

Oh, and it’s you. I literally quoted the part that you did.
  • Nemo10Nemo10 Posts: 19
    It is pretty clear that there is a devide on the whole loyalty thing, and I think that a lot of people that have enough saved up are probably not playing that competitively compared to other teams that are, which is completely fine. Each player/team should choose to be competitive or not, that's the best thing about choice or preference, you get to make your own.

Playing competitively means that you don't want to let your team down as well, which means that you are going to spend a lot of loyalty attaining potions and pre-fight boosts (invulnerability, etc) to avoid dying. I guess it's fair considering that it wouldn't be competitive if it were to always be smooth sailing.

In short, the ratio between loyalty being attained and spent is a large difference from a competitive standpoint, and personally I'm not quite sure that it's fair to dumb down players to play less competitively based on a resource that effects each player differently based on attainability. Just my personal opinion.
  • VydraVydra Posts: 125 ★★
    edited August 2022
    xNig said:

Vydra said:

xNig said:

Vydra said:

It’s still the same.

You choose to either,

And allow me to introduce to you the keyword of the quote you replied to : competitively.

Obviously if you’re a casual player like yourself who doesn’t push and is just happy with where you’re at, you’re not going to see a problem. Let me dumb it down for you and tell you that competition is now killed off and alliances will now join you in just being happy with where they’re at lmao.

And pardon us competitive war players for pouring out our concerns with an already stagnant mode. This single change has snuffed out whatever fun/competition the mode had left. It has effectively become as mundane as AQ.

Also, if it helps dial down your passive aggression (who hurt you man?! LOL), we might just agree on this possibly unintended move by Kabam that revive wars are the cheapest and best thing to have happened to AWs since they stopped no item wars back in 2016.
    It isn’t. Players can still choose either spend units or loyalty to compete and get masters/P1 rewards on top of the store rewards.

You can’t say that competition is over given there’s an alternative currency to purchase pots.

Oh I know you quoted me. Was already waiting for your snarky replies when I posted it. But clearly you didn’t grasp the essence of the last paragraph which has to do with competition, something that seems alien to you. And here I am again, having to dumb it down further for you.

The cost and benefits with the store and war rewards are heavily unbalanced forcing most alliances to switch to casual revive wars now. If you’ve even played a competitive season once, you’ll understand what the next steps to this are and if you still don’t know - then know your place as a casual war player as you’ve proclaimed yourself and just enjoy the loyalty store that’s out

And oh, maybe after today you can do yourself a big favour and start speaking to the alliances above you on what they plan on doing with wars….lmao
  • Woody141082Woody141082 Posts: 225 ★★
    I’m in gold 1. It shouldn’t have to be competitive, I know I can play at a much higher tier if I wanted to but I like the guys in my alliance, we all get on great and there’s a sense of family. Unfortunately a lot of them aren’t as skilled as I am, so every war I’m having to take 11-13 fights, so potions is a real issue for me here. It’s not being competitive it’s making sure I don’t die so I can clear as much of the map as I can to help these guys along.
    Either way, I stand by my OP, loyalty isn’t distributed fairly enough and it’s not a farmable resource, so it therefore forces your hand, especially if you are f2p like myself
    edited August 2022
    Vydra said:

xNig said:

Vydra said:

xNig said:

Vydra said:

It’s still the same.

You choose to either,

Oh I know you quoted me. Was already waiting for your snarky replies when I posted it. But clearly you didn’t grasp the essence of the last paragraph which has to do with competition, something that seems alien to you. And here I am again, having to dumb it down further for you.

The cost and benefits with the store and war rewards are heavily unbalanced forcing most alliances to switch to casual revive wars now. If you’ve even played a competitive season once, you’ll understand what the next steps to this are and if you still don’t know - then know your place as a casual war player as you’ve proclaimed yourself and just enjoy the loyalty store that’s out

And oh, maybe after today you can do yourself a big favour and start speaking to the alliances above you on what they plan on doing with wars….lmao
    Competition? Like 5-6 Act Legends titles?

Sorry, you’re playing in masters or plat1?

I recall getting Masters with my current group and we all decided it wasn’t worth the effort, stress and cost.

Therefore we just hung around in Tier 2/3 Plat 3 top 50 for most seasons, rarely, if ever, even bothering to push for Plat 2 cause we know that’s where our equilibrium war ratings lie without needing to endlessly pot or boost up for fights. So I guess my alliance is ranked around ~150 thereabouts.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Do we try to win? Yeah. Does winning entail potting to full and boosting to the sky for all fights, definitely not. We just play our best and hope we play better than our opponents, that’s it. You just need to change your mentality on needing to boost and pot up for all fights and you’ll be less agitated by the changes.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    One thing that is getting quite clear from these loyalty threads is that most of the players supporting the changes are those who don't do competitive AW in Tier 5 & above, & some other usual suspects from whom these arguments can always be expected
    Vydra said:

xNig said:

Vydra said:

xNig said:

Vydra said:

xNig said:

Vydra said:

It’s still the same.

You choose to either,

I recall getting Masters with my current group and we all decided it wasn’t worth the effort, stress and cost.

Therefore we just hung around in Tier 2/3 Plat 3 top 50 for most seasons, rarely, if ever, even bothering to push for Plat 2 cause we know that’s where our equilibrium war ratings lie without needing to endlessly pot or boost up for fights. So I guess my alliance is ranked around ~150 thereabouts.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Do we try to win? Yeah. Does winning entail potting to full and boosting to the sky for all fights, definitely not. We just play our best and hope we play better than our opponents, that’s it. You just need to change your mentality on needing to boost and pot up for all fights and you’ll be less agitated by the changes.
    See. Wasn’t so hard, was it? Few nudges and got you thinking in the right direction. You and your alliance decided for yourselves what was best for you guys and went on with it. So why are you trying to dictate what’s best for everyone else? Or how alliances should perform when it’s been this way for years? I can understand why you aren’t seeing the way many are seeing the current situation if you lack foresight.

Now, if you guys were still in P2 and pushing for whatever, you’ll be by my side agreeing with plenty of things people are saying right now. You just don’t feel it because you’re on the end that’s happy with where they are at and don’t enjoy the stresses of a war push anymore

And lying about getting Masters with your current group? Come on man…..people can look up your titles, you know😂
    Nov 2019. 😊

I understand dude, change is hard to adapt to.
  • VydraVydra Posts: 125 ★★
    xNig said:

Vydra said:

xNig said:

Vydra said:

xNig said:

Vydra said:

xNig said:

Vydra said:

It’s still the same.

You choose to either,

See. Wasn’t so hard, was it? Few nudges and got you thinking in the right direction. You and your alliance decided for yourselves what was best for you guys and went on with it. So why are you trying to dictate what’s best for everyone else? Or how alliances should perform when it’s been this way for years? I can understand why you aren’t seeing the way many are seeing the current situation if you lack foresight.

Now, if you guys were still in P2 and pushing for whatever, you’ll be by my side agreeing with plenty of things people are saying right now. You just don’t feel it because you’re on the end that’s happy with where they are at and don’t enjoy the stresses of a war push anymore

And lying about getting Masters with your current group? Come on man…..people can look up your titles, you know😂
    Nov 2019. 😊

I understand dude, change is hard to adapt to.

Lmao, I sure hope that wasn’t a mic drop moment in your head. I’m pretty certain I mentioned revive wars in one my comments somewhere. Had no idea having to adapt and raising concerns were now exclusive!

Anyway it’s clear you have nothing credible to argue about considering how out of touch your responses have been. Most, if not all 2-3 comments have just been cheap shots or random scenarios you’ve created in your head without any thought fed into it. Feel free to come back to the thread when you’ve realised the actual gravity of what’s happening though!