**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I know I need to "get gud" but how do you use incinerate as the last hit?

Yesterdays Vanquishing Blow solo event was easy.

Finish with a medium hit. Easy.

Now it's finish with an incinerate hit. This is a little more challenging.

I ran out all of my incinerators, but most of incinerate effects are put on by specials. So low HP opponents can't be incinerated to death because a special usually toasts a lower HP opponent.

I'm looking for better strategies for the next time this comes up.

834,000 points requires:

152 victories all ending with incineration using a 4* champ.

139 victories all ending with incineration using a 5* champ (if you have a 5* that can put incineration on someone (WS is my only 5* that can incinerate, but the L1 and L2 don't guarantee an incinerate debuff).

AV, GP and XBones need L2's to put incinerate on foes.

The only real points I've put up in this event are from Phoenix, but you need to deal a fair amount of damage to start incinerating opponents.

I think all of the major incinerators are champs that have recently been released. It seem like it would be easy to incinerate people to death with Mephisto.

Comments

• ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I've been using hyperion as I don't have to hit them to use his sp1. Seems to be working ok, but as you mentioned, very low opponents just die from a single special so no way to actually finish them with incinerate.

• KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Hope they don't get so specific anymore. These should be just extra hero use events like Spidey and GOTG versions.
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    I do not have the Hype.

His L1 would be a good thing.

On opponents with high HP, it's easy to land GP's L1 and just keep it going with bleed stacks, but conversely, it's hard to time when to stop hitting them to let the incinerate finish the job with Assassin maxed.
    @KhanMedina Agreed.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    MMCskippy wrote: »
    I do not have the Hype.

His L1 would be a good thing.

On opponents with high HP, it's easy to land GP's L1 and just keep it going with bleed stacks, but conversely, it's hard to time when to stop hitting them to let the incinerate finish the job with Assassin maxed.

Not to mention it has to be the fire that kills them and not the bleed. Way too complicated compared to "kill with a medium".
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    Hope they don't get so specific anymore. These should be just extra hero use events like Spidey and GOTG versions.

The worst one is yet to come.... Shock damage finishing blows. Only 7 champs in the game can do shock damage, and none of it is reliable or high damage lol. Only Nebula.... if you have her.
    @LoPresti I have her in 3 & 4 star versions, but the hardest part is getting the debuff to kill them.

These debuffs aren't like bleed. They only deal minor damage per tick. You almost have to detune masteries to have a shot. You can't have assassin or deep wounds.

I've had plenty of times where I had incinerate on someone but had to stop hitting them for fear of killing them with a hit and not incinerate.

The rewards and point structure don't match the difficulty of this challenge.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    MMCskippy wrote: »
    @LoPresti I have her in 3 & 4 star versions, but the hardest part is getting the debuff to kill them.

These debuffs aren't like bleed. They only deal minor damage per tick. You almost have to detune masteries to have a shot. You can't have assassin or deep wounds.

I've had plenty of times where I had incinerate on someone but had to stop hitting them for fear of killing them with a hit and not incinerate.

The rewards and point structure don't match the difficulty of this challenge.

It's a pain, but with Nebula you can just hold block to build charges, and then parry. Which will give them shock damage based on your charges.

That being said, Nebula is the only one that has consistent shock damage, the rest is almost impossible to reach all the milestones with. It's like with Incinerate, if you don't have Mephisto duped or Hyperion, then you're sore out of luck.
    This isn't like any other special event solo quest they've had... because if you set your one attacker that can do the challenge as an AW defender, you're screwed hard.

There's a lot of Valor to be won and the cost of items in the Valor Store aren't reasonably priced.