**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

This week is an example of why I still play the game

ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
Hey, everyone — hope all is well!

You know, whether you came in as a fan of the comics or the movies or a combination of both, I think it’s fair to say that if you have been a participant in this game long enough, you have seen some things, been through some ups and downs.

I truly think this game is gonna make it to 10 years. Totally serious. It’s amazing to think about.

Think about that, for those of us here since the very beginning. Before 4-stars. Before dupes. Before Masteries and Arenas. When multiple characters shared animations — Black Panther and Wolverine were basically the same except for SP1 and SP3, for example — and had either Armor Up or Armor Break or Fury. I think Wolverine was the only character who could Regen. Scarlet Witch’s Nullify barely procced.

Stuff like that. It’s almost impossible to believe that we’re still going…but this week is a reminder of why I, for one, am still here.

I am not saying every single person loves every single thing about the game or the kits.

But I am saying that if you were here at the beginning, you almost can’t believe how Juggernaut and Quicksilver are today — it’s almost like another lifetime.

I have played video games for a long time, now. It’s really hard to make characters with super strength and super speed feel “right,” especially in a fighting game where Hawkeye fights the Hulk.

But this week is why I still play this game, because while sometimes they miss — because they’re human — when Kabam nails a character and the kit, like I feel they did Juggernaut’s rework and Quicksilver, they REALLY NAIL IT.

Glad I am still here to see it and plan to keep right on going — nice work, Kabam

Comments

• Options
    @ESF — I have only been playing for 1 year or so but totally agree. Kabam devs are actually doing some great things if you can get through all the noise and really think about it. The recent EQ and SQ rewards are tremendously helpful to an account like mine. Very much enjoying the challenge :-)
  • Options
    mata2021 said:

@ESF — I have only been playing for 1 year or so but totally agree. Kabam devs are actually doing some great things if you can get through all the noise and really think about it. The recent EQ and SQ rewards are tremendously helpful to an account like mine. Very much enjoying the challenge :-)

That’s it, exactly: We’re all human. Nobody’s perfect. The game isn’t going to be perfect. But you gotta sift through the noise and recognize that there’s a whole lot of tremendous stuff they’ve done over the years — that’s just the truth. You can’t look at OG Iron Man and Silver Centurion and say that there’s not been significant growth
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2022
    When you really stop and think about what the Design and Developer teams have to do — and the Content teams, too, if they exist — it is actually pretty amazing. Think about how complicated the whole buff/debuff/rank/power structure is. Not everything comes from the comics or movies — simply because a lot of this kind of thing does not exist — so it is up to these teams to try to be faithful to the spirit of the characters and story while providing an entertaining gaming experience. I think they do a really good job when you consider all the factors that go into such a complex system.
  • Options
    XSquadXSquad Posts: 147 ★★
    I always tend to think that these posts are just to try to improve crystal pull luck...

Hope it worked ;)
  • Options
    XSquad said:

I always tend to think that these posts are just to try to improve crystal pull luck...

Hope it worked ;)

LOL Really? How? The game is pure RNG — I have had hot streaks and cold streaks, like everyone, and honestly, neither affects me overly much because I am not in an alliance and I don’t play the game for content completion, have no worries about prestige or things like that

I also still rank up and enjoy playing with 5-stars and am older, so I prefer more classic characters

For example: While some people would want, IDK, whoever the best character in the game is, what I am looking for most right now is to dupe my 6-star…Super-Skrull

Pretty sure nobody at Kabam is overly concerned about me breaking the game with that one 😅😅

• Options
    mata2021 said:

When you really stop and think about what the Design and Developer teams have to do — and the Content teams, too, if they exist — it is actually pretty amazing. Think about how complicated the whole buff/debuff/rank/power structure is. Not everything comes from the comics or movies — simply because a lot of this kind of thing does not exist — so it is up to these teams to try to be faithful to the spirit of the characters and story while providing an entertaining gaming experience. I think they do a really good job when you consider all the factors that go into such a complex system.

Agree — they have to walk a fine line here. I do understand why they need some characters to be simpler for new players, for example.

I like Silver Surfer quite a bit, for instance. But that’s not the easiest kit to play — I think some people think it’s harder than it actually is, but at the same time, it’s not as easy as OG Wolverine or OG Scarlet Witch, right?

We might not all agree on what they do, and there are times when I have been critical. But at the same time, this game has 200 characters! It’s hard to balance all of it, and they do a good job overall
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,774 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

mata2021 said:

It’s hard to balance all of it, and they do a good job overall
    Ermmm. Maybe another look at Psycho Man is required.