Hit Monkey MLM or 5-Hit?

Bryce_BAMBryce_BAM Member Posts: 45
I love Hit Monkey and have been using him a lot as a duped 6*. I used to do MLM because all the YouTuber guides said to. In recent experience, I've liked the 5 hit combo much more. I get maximum damage out of a combo opportunity. Additionally, instead of having to do some fancy moves to get Primal Rage to purify my suicides, I get it really easy. Last hit of the first combo is a crit. First two hits of the next 5-hit combo are crits, I get the bleed, then the third hit activates Primal Rage. Often, I'll even get lucky and the second medium is a crit, so I get my suicides purified in the first four hits. If I want Assassin's Cunning, I simply dash after the first two hits of the second combo.

Why is the MLM combo so popular for Hit Monkey? Sure, I'd do MLM fighting Magik, Thor Ragnarok, etc because I'd want to minimize hits. That's all I can think of.

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Member Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I think it's just more time efficient and efficient in terms of not giving the opponent unnecessary power
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,525 ★★★★★
    I only use MLM if I'm trying to manage evade counters, otherwise I just playing him with normal MLLLMs.

I find the game more fun if I'm not trying to optimize every little interaction, especially when it makes little difference.