**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who to Rank 4 Next (For Month EQ Reasons)

Lilc24Lilc24 Posts: 14
edited August 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I don't do war and my AQ team is set (Herc, Ihulk, Cosmic Ghost Rider)

This month I finally 100% cavalier difficulty. It was tough but I did it. Realized I need strong meta characters to finish the content if you don't have the characters they give you the buffs for.

So after EOP ends I can rank up another character to 6 star rank 4.

Who Would you take to Rank 4 for Month Long EQ mode purposes?

I have full suicides on....

Knull, Nimrod, Black Widow CV, IHulk, Archangel...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,472 ★★★★
    edited August 2022
    Literally did that itemless with 5*r4 originally. And they didn't have champs like Hercules and kitty back then. The ease and availability of champs the last few years has created such a skill gap between old school players and more recent.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,398 ★★★★★
    Nimgod
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,183 ★★★★★
    IMO Cav EQ is less about the rank of your champs than the champs you have available to counter or take advantage of the nodes. And that changes from month to month.

In general, I'd rank up Nimrod from that list first, although those are all good choices and I have no ideas what you already have on your roster.
  • Lilc24Lilc24 Posts: 14
    No that was not me...

I get you guys think this is all funny... but in all seriousness I struggle with month long and with the addition of the fragments for 100% I made it a goal to try to 100% it now every month. I usually would be able to complete it but had problems 100% it.

I'm not a very good player... but was looking for some advice.. In the last part with Galan.. My science champs were not cutting it so I used shang chi, herc, apoc, cable and archangel and got the job done using a revive per path... ( I farm them so had 15 handy)

So since I used some meta champs to get me through a weakness I had... I wanted to know who to R4 next... In case I could get through a part I didn't have the buffed path for...

• ScottyKnowsScottyKnows Posts: 113
    Nimrod or AA. I’ve cheesed so much content with AA but other champs you need even 5* rank ups are gonna be red mags, Herc, Falcon, Doom, BWCV, those are all end game champs and champs I’ve completely just ran entire lines with.

Falcon is by far my mvp especially in war. The whole map with SS boss that had mix master: I ran falcon and falcon only all the way to boss
    I tried using void... she hulk and mr fantastic (only 6 star rank 1 but mainly for the power sting synergy)
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    With some exceptions, 1 r4 champ will only help you with 1 of the 6 maps. Surely just reading nodes and planning a team is more effective than expecting 1 jack of all trades easy fix.

If you are running suicides, nimrod, knull and bw cv are all great options. When I run them in EQ always bring nick fury and deadpool xforce to shrug off one of debuff and then 3 class champs for that map
    Odachi said:

With some exceptions, 1 r4 champ will only help you with 1 of the 6 maps. Surely just reading nodes and planning a team is more effective than expecting 1 jack of all trades easy fix.

If you are running suicides, nimrod, knull and bw cv are all great options. When I run them in EQ always bring nick fury and deadpool xforce to shrug off one of debuff and then 3 class champs for that map

That's a great suggestion!!! Thanks for the tip :)

• mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,004 ★★★★
    @Lilc24 This is a pretty difficult ask, cause the monthly EQ nodes can change month to month. Sometimes, like this month, they're purely class based. Other times they're tag based.

As for bosses, that's obviously always going to be a month to month change as new characters are introduced with no advanced knowledge of what nodes will be on the bosses.

Picking up on what others have said, knowing what class is giving you the biggest challenge would help to provide input. Case in point, BWDO is an amazing choice for Cav EQ. Her shock debuffs benefit her in months like this, and when they do tag based EQ, she has the Avenger and Mercenary tags which have both been used in the past.

Generally speaking though, seeing your overall roster would get you the most help, cause if your roster isn't super deep yet, you may want to focus on more well rounded champs that may not be the best for a certain lane, but can be very useful in a variety of content (CAIW comes to mind).

So yeah, post that roster, and you'll get some more beneficial responses.

Good luck!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,013 ★★★★★
    Lilc24 said:

I tried using void... she hulk and mr fantastic (only 6 star rank 1 but mainly for the power sting synergy)

Who do you have available for science?

Who should I rank up from these? Keep in mind I do run full suicides.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,004 ★★★★
    Well full disclosure, I don't run suicides, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but knowing you're also struggling with the science chapters, I'd probably lean towards She-Hulk. She's poison immune to ignore that, has a synergy with Mr. Fantastic to apply power stings in the science chapters, and has an easily accessible slow that can be really helpful.

I see that S2099 there. He's fantastic for so many things, but I don't think you'd like running him with suicides.
    That was my main problem with Void.. He was doing amazing but with poison, bleed and recoil... he didn't last long. She Hulk was my MVP.... But I def feel like my Science is lagging... I do have a r4 in each class but science...
    Should I take Mr. Fantastic to rank 3? He is rank 1 now?
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    If you’re having the big of a problem with eq then I’d say Claire. She handles pretty much any mystic quest/ cosmic boss.

But first get those skills up big dawg!!
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 454 ★★★
    There’s… no way. For whatever small segment of people who clung to it, any argument about being unable to spend to progress is truly dead.

This month we have seen someone with a r4 herc unable to do act 6 and someone with several r4/3s 100% cav for the first time and calling it difficult.

Meanwhile there are players who have to beat act 7 just to get their first rank 3 to get the SECOND best title of thronebreaker. These players are beating the latest game content with people under the power curve yet somehow leagues behind people who cannot clear CAV EQ. It has been an eye opening if not wholly surreal experience being on the forums the past few days. As someone who appreciates what money does to keep the game afloat it’s quite sad to see that money has become a subsidy for actually doing anything for some players and that they can stay WILDLY ahead of the meta while being unable to clear what most people in this stage consider fodder content
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 704 ★★★
    How do you have that roster and struggle with cav EQ? Not being salty. Honestly just curious. I don’t understand.