**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is this a useless rank up?

HamoBlamo51HamoBlamo51 Posts: 279 ★★
edited August 2022 in Strategy and Tips
So i just r5'd my Human Torch (Unawakened) but I haven't used him for anything not even the 6.2.5 Mordo, I was just wondering because I mainly ranked him due to the things I've seen him do, the problem is I'm not up to those things so he'll just be sitting there in my roster doing nothing. So was it worth the resources?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    He slays mystic champs so always worth the rank up. My r5 and r3 rarely get used but I don't regret it, he definitely comes in handy a fair bit
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★

Why'd rank up a champ if you won't be using him?
    SMH

On the other hand, Human Torch is a BEAST especially against Mystics, you should really try him out.
    He literally melts any mystics even without the pre fight.
    Moreover his incinerates reduces healing by 20% each. More than 5 incinerates and bam he'll start reversing the healing.

A lot of people rank up champs that they don't use, sadly that's based around the hype champs get, a lot of players feel like they MUST rank up specific champs for content etc. I get where he's coming from, fell victim to it myself on a few rank ups 😂
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    Human torch is not just for mystics, he is just particularly awesome at wrecking them.

Most certainly worth the rank up. Start using him.
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    I wouldn't worry too much about a few T5B and T2A catalysts. You'll have more and more available as you progress in the game.
    But to echo what others said, rank up what you need or what you enjoy.
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Ahhhh you are yet to use torch to his full potential
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Not a useless rank up. HT is an awesome champion. I took mine to rank 5 yesterday with no regrets.
  • Matthew950Matthew950 Posts: 155
    Mackey said:

Why'd rank up a champ if you won't be using him?
    SMH

On the other hand, Human Torch is a BEAST especially against Mystics, you should really try him out.
    He literally melts any mystics even without the pre fight.
    Moreover his incinerates reduces healing by 20% each. More than 5 incinerates and bam he'll start reversing the healing.

A lot of people rank up champs that they don't use, sadly that's based around the hype champs get, a lot of players feel like they MUST rank up specific champs for content etc. I get where he's coming from, fell victim to it myself on a few rank ups 😂
    My maxed out aegon agrees