**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Quicksilver and Wiccan synergy

This synergy does not work against direct damage degen nodes such as flare or brute force (unless it’s a bug)

Comments

• Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Flats and brute force aren't degen damage and nor is bane for that matter
  • Options
    CapriciousCapricious Posts: 215 ★★
    Okay I guess I should go read more about the ability than. Clearly direct damage isn’t the same thing as degen, thanks
  • Options
    I’m not so sure about this anymore. Degeneration is direct damage, flare and bane are all direct damage. He should have resistance to them it’s not like it specified passive, or debuff, or from another champion. It just says 8.3% resistance. I’m not understanding
  • Options
    TheTrueBeast10TheTrueBeast10 Posts: 115 ★★★

I’m not so sure about this anymore. Degeneration is direct damage, flare and bane are all direct damage. He should have resistance to them it’s not like it specified passive, or debuff, or from another champion. It just says 8.3% resistance. I’m not understanding

Direct damage is things like Red Hulk's additional damage from his charges. Degeneration is not considered direct damage. Some nodes, like the one that takes 50% of your health for using special attacks too close together, are direct damage. Just not bane and flare
  • Options

Direct damage is things like Red Hulk's additional damage from his charges. Degeneration is not considered direct damage. Some nodes, like the one that takes 50% of your health for using special attacks too close together, are direct damage. Just not bane and flare
    This is actually called “Burst damage” and it’s also classified as physical. Degeneration is referred to as direct damage and the nodes even have the exact same icon.
  • Options
    TheTrueBeast10TheTrueBeast10 Posts: 115 ★★★
    edited September 2022

This is actually called “Burst damage” and it’s also classified as physical. Degeneration is referred to as direct damage and the nodes even have the exact same icon.
    Degeneration is not direct damage. Direct damage doesn't have an icon as it's not a debuff. Degeneration is in the same category as bleed, poison, coldsnap. And just because it's passive doesn't mean it's direct damage. And it's not all physical. Silver Surfer's is classified as energy and it is 100% direct damage. It's a burst of direct damage

Go take a look at Odin's special 2 description. It specifically mentions direct damage. You ask the question, then disagree with the answer. Here's proof for you
  • Options

Y’all are not serious right now 🙄
  • Options
    In ebony maw and dormammu’s descriptions it says that they deal Degen which triggers direct damage up to X amount. This is brute force on act 6.3.4 the game clearly refers to
    brute force as “Direct Damage” which is carried out via a Degeneration debuff which is specifically called DEGENERATION in the actual fight.
  • Options

So what’s the problem? What am i missing here, because the Wiccan synergy has ONE JOB and it’s not doing it.
  • Options

Found the “Usefulness” for the synergy. This is pretty much all that you’re going to get out of it. Most champions cannot activate Degen against QS because of his lack of buffs and ability to avoid things like Dormammu’s evade and even his stun shrug off and intercept skills helps him avoid heavy attacks
  • Options
    In the image he was in terminal velocity before being hit and was regenerating 20 health back from degen… awesome 👏🏾

• Options

And here’s the game referring to Flare as Degen… because that’s what it is