**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Which rank 4 option would help me explore act 7 best?

IcePickIcePick Posts: 212
edited August 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I’ve completed act 7 but haven’t started exploring it yet. I’m fairly happy with my 6-star roster and several of these might be worth a rank 4 eventually, but which would give me the biggest boost in act 7 exploration? My thoughts are this:

I am an excellent CGR player, but I can already do amazing damage at rank 3. I’m also a very skilled ghost player, but for harder content I need at least wasp with her if not antman and/or hood.

I am a mediocre Kitty pryde player. I like her kit but I have a hard time phasing to avoid specials compared to ghost. Also she needs tigra to be at her best and I only have a 5-star version.

Apocalypse is my lane clearer for every mutant buffed cavalier quest. Incredible kit. Trouble is without cable he needs a mutant for his first fight and sometimes that’s late in the path

Warlock i bring to most quests for utility as a counter for regeneration and to avoid bleed/poison. Love playing him, but he needs more damage and R4 could help.

Hyperion is a pleasure to play. Would be fun to have as R4 but not sure if he is really going to be a difference maker in act 7.

Aegon is sig 200. Still haven’t done labyrinth let alone abyss. A rank 4 might come in handy

CAIW has great damage but would want his sig to 150 or so first.

Dr Doom is amazing at everything in this game. His damage isn’t great (can consistently get 1 fury for a special 2 but getting 2 is difficult in a hard fight) ranking him up to rank 4 makes him more viable as a damage dealers and helps his survivability.

What are your thoughts?

Which rank 4 option would help me explore act 7 best? 22 votes

Dr Doom (sig 62)
27%
GreekhitEwell65SSS69RenaxqqAvi146TheBair123BluCitizen 6 votes
Hyperion (sig 50)
0%
CGR (sig 20)
0%
Apocalypse
45%
benshbMalreck04AMS94Giantwalrus56Burrito2525Yodabolt21DaBigGubGubwillrun4adonutVance2_jrMightyD 10 votes
Kitty pryde (sig 78)
18%
10or_StrongKnightNvrEndingFinal_OrderTrongNov 4 votes
Warlock
0%
Ghost (sig 55)
0%
Aegon (sig 200)
0%
CAIW (sig 95)
0%
Other/wait
9%
Hector_1475Nalak8 2 votes
Post edited by Kabam Dijon on

Comments

• Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    Other/wait
    We are almost in the same progression level: TBs and I’m also nearing my first R4. But I have explored 7.1 and I’m also almost done with 7.2 exploration.

My thoughts are that CGR, Doom and Apocalypse are already OP at R3. The last 2 have been used a lot in exploration so far.

But another champ that I have also used extensively in so many lanes and is one of my personal 2-3 candidates for first R4, is Mr Fantastic. He does not require high signature or anything and he pairs ideally with Doom. I would very highly suggest Mr Fantastic for your first R4, to help you explore Act 7.
  • Options
    Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
    edited August 2022
    Other/wait
    I see you have Hercules. He’s makes most of the lanes and bosses in act 7 so easy but you may already have him at r4. The other option not mentioned is kingpin. His debuff shrugging ability is very useful in many lanes in act 7. Other than that I’d say apoc.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    Apocalypse
    I would've said Kitty if u had mastery over her, but currently Apoc seems like ur best choice
    Also his damage isn't pathetic with 1 charge
    U can comfortably use him without Cable..... it'll just take a bit longer to end fights but it's not as much of a big deal to not consider taking him to R4
    Another good option I see in ur roster is Kingpin.... he's a great R4 candidate even unduped
    So if not Apoc then give him a thought
    But if I was in ur place I would've gone with Apoc
  • Options
    Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 704 ★★★
    Apocalypse
    I just finished exploring 7.3 yesterday and am gearing up for 7.4. Apoc was my first r4 and he was also heavily called on during exploration of 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3. He’s an absolute monster at r4.