**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Special side events?

I remember special side events with very good rewards and pretty challenging content like spiderham, shang chi even knull. If you remember you know what i am talking about. Where did they go? Any chance of them coming back? Or the rewards from there went to battlegrounds and so on?

Comments

• Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 778 ★★★
    I used to find it hard but I think I could try to do it now i think idk tho
  • Options
    TruthseekerTruthseeker Posts: 333 ★★
    Well? Any responces?
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    When was this? I have no recollection of such event. Can you elaborate on this?
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    007Bishop said:

People cried and whined about it being "too hard" and Kabam most probably discontinued them

This is exactly why we can't have nice things..
    There is a sense of entitlement in the game...
    People see the rewards and think its theirs for the taking. Then they notice a certain level of difficulty and blame it on not having the champs to counter or the weather...
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    SCP1504 said:

pla

So the knull event was similar to gauntlet
    Where you had to keep updating your steve and get charges for him to be able to progress and you can either give up or go to next difficulty until you reach the boss
    Juicy rewards tbh

The shang chi event was also similar but you can pick your own team and also gauntlet style
    Every 4 or 5 fights you either go to boss or keep going

Don't remember spider ham's event tho.

But yea it was much more rewarding the stuff we got this month and the last
    Oh that! Yea the knull event was great
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    SCP1504 said:

pla

So the knull event was similar to gauntlet
    Where you had to keep updating your steve and get charges for him to be able to progress and you can either give up or go to next difficulty until you reach the boss
    Juicy rewards tbh

The shang chi event was also similar but you can pick your own team and also gauntlet style
    Every 4 or 5 fights you either go to boss or keep going

Don't remember spider ham's event tho.

But yea it was much more rewarding the stuff we got this month and the last
    Spider Ham one was John Mulaney's Challenge in Dec 2020. Grt rewards and had 4 different difficulties with different rewards . Every difficulty was Gauntlet style but last difficulty was the toughest.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    You know why we dont get events like this? Because of our ,,bad" community. Look at my comment up there. I typed ,,ANY RESPONCES?"
    And 7 people pressed disagree :smile: . People in this game are insane. Purely INSANE.

Sky is blue - DISAGREEEEEE
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★

You know why we dont get events like this? Because of our ,,bad" community. Look at my comment up there. I typed ,,ANY RESPONCES?"
    And 7 people pressed disagree :smile: . People in this game are insane. Purely INSANE.

Some people can't stand bad grammar. You'll learn to ignore the bottom row of comments with time.
    I never understood where the "community" thing came from. This is more like a gladiators arena.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Surely at the moment it’s EOP instead of the boss rush style challenges. I guess if you’re a lesser progression that’s irrelevant though.

The knull one was cool.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Berjibs said:

Surely at the moment it’s EOP instead of the boss rush style challenges. I guess if you’re a lesser progression that’s irrelevant though.

The knull one was cool.

Yeah it got you hyped for next month. Maybe this month will be special? Or next month? And it kept you invested into ending of the month. Now i know its just a grind side event with 10 000 6shards in total and few catalysts here and there. If it was 5000 in side event and 10 000 in the end of a special side event like shang chi or knull it would spark a light in me to go and beat this strange new hard content. 6 * shards look more shiny when you beat hard content and get them all together rather than grinding 1000-2000 all month for same amount.
    Bottom line is that i dont complain about rewards. I complain about the way we get them and its boring.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,315 ★★★★★
    I am really happy of the difficulty of the side quest. Except the America Chavez AI, everyone is good
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    Bring back the John mulaney’s challenge
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

Sky is black at night. It is pink, purple, yellow, orange, red at dawn and dusk. It is grey when overcast or smokey. Yes it is blue, but it's not always blue, so I just hit disagree. To say it is only blue and never any other color is wrong. That's a a very narrow and inaccurate perspective.

To the point of OP though. That's also a very narrow view. Gauntlet was just released and the rewards are excellent. EOP is the new recurring content that foots the bill and the rewards are also excellent.

A celebrity challenge or boss rush from time to time would be nice and I'd welcome it, but it's not like similar content isn't in game right now. 8.1 is coming out and after that, we'll probably see some other things pop up.