**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cavalier EQ Bug in Ch 2.2 with Contagion Node and Evade Defenders

BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
I was fighting through Chapter 2.2 in this months Cav EQ (Bonzo Gonzo) and noticed 2 interactions between the Contagion Node that seem wrong. In particular I noticed this while using using Void against SpiderGwen.

The first interaction has to do with projectile attacks. When landing an sp1 Voids projectile attacks were generating poison debuffs on him. How is a non-contact attack able to generate any kind of deubff at all?

Secondly, there were times when SpiderGwen was evading my attacks (both physical and projectile) and Void still got tagged with a poison debuff. Again how is this possible?

In both cases there was no physical contact between the attacker and defender yet the poison debuffs were still being generated. Please look into this ASAP.

Thank you. :smile:

(I'm using a 2nd gen iPad Pro with iOS 15.6.1 and the latest MCoC update as well.....)

Comments

• MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,494 ★★★★★
    The node says that whenever the defender is struck or blocks an attack they have a chance to inflict poison. Doesn’t say anything about it needing to be a contact attack so that part is not bugged. As far as evading and placing a poison goes though I have no explanation. Could you possibly get a video of it happening?
  • BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
    I guess I inferred that being struck meant physical contact. But I'm not talking about how the description reads, just think about it logically.

How should a projectile attack be able to generate any kind of debuff if no physical contact is made? Maybe a shock could be transferred through a lightning bolt but poison from a projectile seems a little far reaching.

Here is some footage of the projectile generating a poison debuff from another path around the 20 sec mark.....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EwhtM3xRkHU
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Bosley said:

I guess I inferred that being struck meant physical contact. But I'm not talking about how the description reads, just think about it logically.

How should a projectile attack be able to generate any kind of debuff if no physical contact is made? Maybe a shock could be transferred through a lightning bolt but poison from a projectile seems a little far reaching.

Here is some footage of the projectile generating a poison debuff from another path around the 20 sec mark.....

Dude... Nothing is far reaching in a "Super hero" based game .. lol
    edited September 2022
    Bosley said:

Your “Logic” doesn’t have any place in node creation my friend. The node says struck. A projectile strikes the defender. That’s how it works
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    Bosley said:

not everything logical in real world translates in game lol
    Lol fair enough I guess...... Now for a video of the evade generating poison.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rwEIRa7XbgM

It's a pretty sloppy fight cause I was trying to get him to evade but this shows it clearly several times after 20 secs.... :neutral:

Here is another vid of Ultron evading and Void getting a Poison debuff. It happens once but doesn't happen later on. So it's not 100% but it does happen.....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=B7RaTt-Xw_A
    The poison applying on evade could be a bug. I don’t think that should be happening
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    Bosley said:

Lol fair enough I guess...... Now for a video of the evade generating poison.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rwEIRa7XbgM

It's a pretty sloppy fight cause I was trying to get him to evade but this shows it clearly several times after 20 secs.... :neutral:

Spidergwen has a complete different mechanic to other evade champs, could be part of her kit not working with the node..
    For example.. she is able to evade true strike
    That could be true for SpiderGwen I suppose. I wasn't recording that fight to preserve the evidence, not that it would show the difference.

The poison debuff also happened when both OG Spiderman and Ultron (Classic) evaded, which I've shown in the above videos. So it's not dependent on, or related to, just 1 champ.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax"

Any response to this issue would be appreciated. The evade bug is definitely real......
  • DoosraDoosra Posts: 359 ★★★
    Bosley said:

I was fighting through Chapter 2.2 in this months Cav EQ (Bonzo Gonzo) and noticed 2 interactions between the Contagion Node that seem wrong. In particular I noticed this while using using Void against SpiderGwen.

The first interaction has to do with projectile attacks. When landing an sp1 Voids projectile attacks were generating poison debuffs on him. How is a non-contact attack able to generate any kind of deubff at all?

Secondly, there were times when SpiderGwen was evading my attacks (both physical and projectile) and Void still got tagged with a poison debuff. Again how is this possible?

In both cases there was no physical contact between the attacker and defender yet the poison debuffs were still being generated. Please look into this ASAP.

Thank you. :smile:

(I'm using a 2nd gen iPad Pro with iOS 15.6.1 and the latest MCoC update as well.....)

I think the node has increased ability accuracy
    Ability Acc shouldn't have any affect on how a poison lands without physical contact. Evading or dexing should have the same result, but they don't here. No physical contact from any attack shouldn't proc a debuff of ANY kind.....

And with all this Act 8.1 nonsense about items and not increasing the stash there is no way this will be resolved now sigh......
  • DoosraDoosra Posts: 359 ★★★
    Actually it does come into play with void agility debuff since it reduces the evade by 30% per each slow, so increased aa still triggers evade
    edited September 2022
    Ok then I don't understand how Voids agility debuff lets another debuff land without contact of any kind.

I'm not talking about any debuffs landed by Void. Those debuffs should have no affect on the poison being generated by the evade. Only the chance of that evade happening should be affected by the slow debuff.

I don't care how the evade is triggered, or how often. I just care that the poison debuff is transferred to the attacker without any contact (whether physical or from a projectile).

Here is more video of the same thing happening to She Hulk against SpiderGwen. She Hulk gets a 5th fury twice when SpiderGwen evades her attacks.

https://youtu.be/aK5iKNl4RjE

Some clarifcation from KABAM would be helpful...... @Kabam Miike