**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

King Groot

Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
edited November 2017 in Strategy and Tips
So I spent the time this weekend to grind for King Groot, only to realize I don't know much about him.

I have him as a 3* and only ever used him for arena grinding. I know when duped he has really good Regen to cycle with his Fury stacks and I know he's better than OG Groot, but still a bit on the "clunky" side. Aside from that, is he a go-to for anything in the game and would he be R4 worthy?

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The fact that he went for under 3m indicates he isn't groundbreaking, but at least he has some utility, right?
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Yes he is not bad indeed
    Youtuber Rich-the-man said King Groot is his top 10 favourite champs in MCoC

Yea I had a dupped 3* for a long time but not using him or not ranking it up

For the past 2 days I grinded for 4* KG too, and just received him 1 hour ago, as usual I'll bring him to R3 3/30 as I do to all my 4* champs for Arena usage, and I'll re-grind it one more round in the next few days to dup him, will be happy to use him for arena purpose (wont need it for quest/AQ/AW immunity since I have other better champs for that) as he is an above-average champ

one thing to point out is despite armor break (can be made permanent, and can stack), his damage output may still be less than many other champs, so some of the fights may take longer to finish when using KG ....

definitely worth the grind for <3M .... and worth to re-grind to dup him
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    I really like king groot, awakened he is a utility beast for AQ bleed lanes and general questing. His regen is pretty much what makes the character, if you're playing well you'll always be topped up and that really comes in handy for late day AQs. Along with his debuff shrug off and huge health pool makes him a good tank to have in your roster.