**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Questions to Nimrod players

ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
I played him recently and tried to learn how to play him effectively. I have basic understanding about the Titan / Blitz Protocols; their buffs / debuffs and applications during SPs. However, I’m not quite sure if there is any effective rotation for him. Can you please advice? Thanks.

I knew so far about his rotation is: build 10 charges, then SP1, then SP2 before 16 secs Eradicate Protocols expire. In practice it seems my execution is not so well. Is there any tricks you think can improve? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    What doesn't go well for you exactly?

Depending on the match and what I want out of him, but mainly I will go straight to a MLLLL combo to consume prowess and I will keep it in that mode until I reach 10 charges. Usually by then I am just short of two bars, so I fire the sp1, then sp2 shortly after thanks to energize.
  • Options
    Player_SlasherPlayer_Slasher Posts: 156 ★★
    A good thing to know is that Nimrod gains +10% attack per Armor Up while he's in Blitz/Eradicate, so it's a good idea to build as many as possible through Parries before launching your SP2, which bumps the Shock damage further. You can also refresh Eradicate Protocol by gaining 10 more charges after it's activated (and therefore stay in Eradicate for longer than 16 secs). Rotation-wise you can either do your current one of SP1 > SP2, or just stick to spamming SP2s which is better in shorter fights or if you're running suicides.

He performs the best against mutant matchups especially those with Prowess/Regen, but I don't generally recommend using him against non-mutants as those charges become a pain to build, and the damage payoff is less rewarding.
  • Options
    Sean_Who said:

Depending on the match and what I want out of him, but mainly I will go straight to a MLLLL combo to consume prowess and I will keep it in that mode until I reach 10 charges. Usually by then I am just short of two bars, so I fire the sp1, then sp2 shortly after thanks to energize.

I feel like I’m not able to get to that SP2 before Eradicate Protocol expire most of the time.
  • Options

A good thing to know is that Nimrod gains +10% attack per Armor Up while he's in Blitz/Eradicate, so it's a good idea to build as many as possible through Parries before launching your SP2, which bumps the Shock damage further. You can also refresh Eradicate Protocol by gaining 10 more charges after it's activated (and therefore stay in Eradicate for longer than 16 secs). Rotation-wise you can either do your current one of SP1 > SP2, or just stick to spamming SP2s which is better in shorter fights or if you're running suicides.

He performs the best against mutant matchups especially those with Prowess/Regen, but I don't generally recommend using him against non-mutants as those charges become a pain to build, and the damage payoff is less rewarding.

Maybe I focus too much on when is Titan and when is Blitz thus feeling quite distracted.
  • Options
    Reference said:

Sean_Who said:

I feel like I’m not able to get to that SP2 before Eradicate Protocol expire most of the time.
    It doesn't really matter if Eradicate Protocol expires since you still keep your charges; you can easily rebuild to 10 before throwing your SP2 to enter Eradicate again. Or, refresh Protocol by gaining 10 more charges within its duration. If you really can't get to 10 for whatever reason, using SP2 in Blitz is also good since you're only losing out on the Unstoppable Buff.

Alternatively you could try running an all-SP2 rotation - just skip the SP1 and spam SP2s for the whole fight. I'm not sure which playstyle yields higher damage, but with this rotation you don't have to worry about Eradicate expiring that much.
  • Options
    Reference said:

Maybe I focus too much on when is Titan and when is Blitz thus feeling quite distracted.
    I try to stay in Titan so I get more Armor Ups from Parries (but Blitz is useful when you need to get rid of Prowess/Regen). But after entering Eradicate you really should try to refresh it before it expires so you stay in Eradicate instead of exiting back into Titan/Blitz.
  • Options
    AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    You guys build up charges? I just throw sp2 when orange buff, and manually switch to orange buff if opponent has regen/prowess. The end.
  • Options

Reference said:

Sean_Who said:

It doesn't really matter if Eradicate Protocol expires since you still keep your charges; you can easily rebuild to 10 before throwing your SP2 to enter Eradicate again. Or, refresh Protocol by gaining 10 more charges within its duration. If you really can't get to 10 for whatever reason, using SP2 in Blitz is also good since you're only losing out on the Unstoppable Buff.

Alternatively you could try running an all-SP2 rotation - just skip the SP1 and spam SP2s for the whole fight. I'm not sure which playstyle yields higher damage, but with this rotation you don't have to worry about Eradicate expiring that much.
    Thanks for that advices, I think I get what’s wrong with me from your comment and I’ll give it a try.
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    Parry MM, until Titan expires, then MLLLL to go back to Titan, and MM again until SP2.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★
    I just use spam sp2. But then I only use him in regen/prowess matches so I stay in eradicate the rest of the fight. In other matchups I just have better options than him