**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

BG deck guide

AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
So a lot of people complain about bad matches, some use 1* champs. The solution is simple — build your deck smarter.
First of all, choosing between champs of similar power, choose one of lower rarity. I.e. use r5 5* over r2 6* or even r3 6*, if you're using the champ for attack. Throw away your 6 r4 hercs and dooms, of you're using those. Better not to add high pi champs at all. Same for defence — 5r4 mr sinister will most likely give you just enough time. Champs you use most of the time, may be of high rank, if they give you guaranteed win, but better have low pi — torch, mags or as fit just fine even as r4 6*. They will be bunned sometimes though.
If you want to tank your pi even lower, you may add some 1* champs, but then you should have every other champ being good enough to pick him. Preferably limit the amount of 1* champs to 2, so you could always pick someone else. If you have more then 2, in ban phase you want to ban champs you don't have in your deck. As your opponent won't ban your 1* champs, you want to have the lowest possible chance to get them on your screen, or in other words, the highest possible odds for you playable champs. If you're forced to pick 2 1* champs, be sure to use at least one of them vs strong defender. Better use 2 in some fight, wich gives a strategy to a second player — place your strongest defender only when your opponent with 1* champs already placed a strong defender himself.
This approach gave me a lot better matchups, then just filling empty spots with some high hp - average meta fitting champs, as I don't face paragon whales only now, who have best fitting champs, while I have my highest champs, who are not always good. Also I've seen many opponents who do it the same way, but here on forums people mostly discuss 1* tanking and bad matchups, so I guess it may be worth sharing
Feel free to also share your own BG deck hints

Comments

• OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

They fixed matchmaking. But please continue using 1 star tactic so I can drag the match to round 3 only for you to realize you have 2 1 star left xD

Not really, I can do a deck of all 3* and match players with a max of 5* r3. I think they are probably using a system based on the top 5 or top 10 pi, but not 100% sure. Fyi, I had significant easier matchups using my top 30 6* r3 matching similar op is right to exclude a 6* r4 who is only good offensively, I prefer a more defencive deck and utility counters vs high damage dealers
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,751 ★★★★★
    The deck-building tactic I found most useful without feeling like I was cheating or gaming the system, was simply to include my 5*s. I could fill my deck with 6r3s, but why would I when I have plenty of 5*s that either work really well on offense or are nightmares on defense? By sorting out the 6* champs that didn't really add anything given the current nodes, and subbing in 5* champs that worked better with those nodes, I both lowered my rating and got somewhat easier matches, and got a stronger deck overall since a nightmare 5* will always net you way more points than a cakewalk 6r3.