**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Some of the 24 hours Valor events are ridiculous

What is the point of having sp3 as the last blow to score bonus points?
Arena is the main source where people would probably score majority of the points and fights in arenas don't last so long for you to get to sp3 unless you've got power gain champs.

So you have to get hit in the face trying to score 4k extra points on the event. What's your point here in designing these events?

Kill the enemy with incineration? How do you propose should one be able to score over 800k points to get the ranked rewards for this event? How many incineration champs are there? And considering you have all the possible incineration champs, what are the odds that the final blow is going to be one proc of incineration?

I don't usually whine at your events Kabam, but this time you've got me disinterested in trying to pursue these 24 hour events. The milestones are over estimated in my honest opinion.

Comments

• Options
    MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    While I agree with the specific debuff one like Incinerate, poision and shock, the other things are really easy to do, I scored 2.5 on the finish with a heavy attack and that placed on number 88 so is not that bad to do...
  • Options
    Yeah. I’m trying to like the game. I’m trying to be positive about the game as a whole. But it’s so much grinding and a lot of those valor prices are unreal. I’m not mad at the event the new rewards are much better.
  • Options
    ShevvelShevvel Posts: 179
    edited November 2017
    Incineration was too easy to me because 3* 2/20 hyperion was used in rttl round 1 chap1. Just 17 rounds . 136 fights.
  • Options
    ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    I agree with the OP

It’s not about getting “easy” rewards like @TBJ1118 said. This game is all about time, time, time, time. Everything about this game requires a boat load of time. They’ve tried to cut down the grind time in the arenas only to be back to where we started. And now with these silly events, it’s making the fights last even longer. Of course it’s not hard to get to a third special, it’s not difficult to finish a fight with a 1st or second special..we’re not (at least me) talking about difficulty...it’s TIME consuming. Adding more time to an already long play session.
  • Options
    at0mat0m Posts: 92
    Thebgj wrote: »
    I agree with the OP

It’s not about getting “easy” rewards like @TBJ1118 said. This game is all about time, time, time, time. Everything about this game requires a boat load of time. They’ve tried to cut down the grind time in the arenas only to be back to where we started. And now with these silly events, it’s making the fights last even longer. Of course it’s not hard to get to a third special, it’s not difficult to finish a fight with a 1st or second special..we’re not (at least me) talking about difficulty...it’s TIME consuming. Adding more time to an already long play session.

Thank you!
    I never said the events needed to be easier.
    When I say the incineration event or the sp3 event is ridiculous, I don't mean in any sense to convey that they are hard, but the fact that this stupid rat race of scoring over 800k points is just ridiculous in terms of time.
    I don't want to be sitting and getting hit in the face with holding block every time I'm fighting. That doesn't improve my game play, it makes me go dumber.
  • Options
    NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    For the sp3 event, i just ran the normal quest and a power gain champ. Let them beat in you til sp3 is reached and than 1 shot and they're dead
  • Options
    NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    I was able to rank in all events so far with minimal effort. These events aren't mandatory, if you don't have the time to do them then don't. I'm really not trying to sound like a jackass here. These type of events are for grinders. Not everyone has the time or patience to do them. Personally, I actually like them. It's adding something to my daily grind that I've never had before. Besides... the rewards you can get with valor is worth the extra time grinding these events.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    @NMEONES, wow awesome job that you are able to rank in all events so far with minimal effort
    u r doing great!! :)
  • Options
    TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    at0m wrote: »
    Thebgj wrote: »
    I agree with the OP

Thank you!
    I never said the events needed to be easier.
    When I say the incineration event or the sp3 event is ridiculous, I don't mean in any sense to convey that they are hard, but the fact that this stupid rat race of scoring over 800k points is just ridiculous in terms of time.
    I don't want to be sitting and getting hit in the face with holding block every time I'm fighting. That doesn't improve my game play, it makes me go dumber.

Perfect, and that’s exactly what I tried to express. This game has always required money OR time. + skill. Arena requires time to grant you the highest prizes. Same is for these events. It’s not like they are mandatory, do you want the prizes? You put in time. It’s not like the prizes are that amazing anyway, so missing them is not that terrible, in case you can’t put in the time.
  • Options
    @NMEONES

It’s your minimal effort on top of what you would normally do, it adds more time..no way around that fact.
    It’s great that you went for it and got it all.

Also- I don’t like having to change the way I fight to get extra points in an event. I know I don’t have to, but if I want the points, I would have to change something in my routine.

I’m not sure how people can’t see both sides of things.
  • Options
    NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    @Thebgj I understand exactly what your saying.. to be honest, it was a bit refreshing to me though. Arena grinding can get VERY boring and this added a nice flare to it. Sams with the event quest.. the event quests are so easy now that it was nice to be pushed to win each fight a certain way. Like I previously said, it's not mandatory and if you don't have the time or patience to do this then it's not a big deal. The way I look at the solo quests is, if i do them all.. that'll be an extra 1k 5* shards or so from the store at the end of the month. To me, it's worth it... but I completely understand that it just isn't worth it to some of you guys!
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    This game has always been about investing your life into it to get the best stuff. Whether it's investing a ton of money into their offers, or constantly being in game to get a top rank in something. I would love to reach top 100 for the Thor (Ragnarok), but I know it's not going to happen because there are easily 100 players that live in the game and do nothing but eat, sleep, and breathe MCOC. Quite frankly I prefer fresh air and social interaction, but it's one way to live your life.
  • Options
    KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Tired of this event. Very annoying with no variance
  • Options
    imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    I agree with your point about special abilities like poison etc .. but It is whining when you don't wanna put a little bit effort. These events are created to make fights interesting and fun. It forces you to fight in certain way if you want more points and I don't see anything wrong with it. What do you expect them to do instead? what is simple enough for you to earn point? Smh. .. If you don't like putting a little bit of effort, don't do it, Simple. These events are special events and extra free rewards.
  • Options
    @imnoone

I kind of see your point. If we could take a survey and find out how many players think it makes the game “fun” or “interesting” ...I would bet that it’s not much.

Guardians of the galaxy did it by having a hero’s use event that required nothing more out of the player to earn the extra points or rewards. They added a specific champ to earn a smidge more but nothing crazy like 4k points per fight. I think it was 400 points.

It’s just that this community has been complaint about this game being time consuming and they keep saying that there are working on it not being that.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Agree. Some people suggested milestones should change according to the task. Finishing using a mid hit have X milestone, but finishing using incineration have Y milestone.
    Of course, for people with no duties except play it, everything could be reachable, but it don't change there's a problem in the design, because realistically almost everyone is out of the contest (ironically, it hurt to the nolifers too because the pool is smaller).

Anyway, if you want to see the bright side, the ranks rewards are trash. Just beginners should be dying for those 3* stones, but they're mostly the ones out of the chances.
  • Options
    @everyone here,

This has been one of the better back and fourth threads in a while. Usually it’s full of one sided posts or angry posts.

@imnoone

I take it back- it really is whining on my part..lol
    No way around that fact