Starting a Variant

Hello all. Became Cav a few days ago and really want to complete a variant. With the roster I have I was wondering which one would be a good starting point. Thanks

Comments

• ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    It's always a little tricky to tell which Variant would be easiest to start with just by looking at someone's roster, so I'll instead give you a rundown of which champions can be used in which Variant.

But first off, some general advice: the rewards got a significant bump in V5. As such, you might want to skip V1-4 (for now, anyway). I won't give this advice time and time again in my breakdown for every Variant between 1 and 4 unless I think that you really should skip it. Which brings us to...

V1: Yeah, just skip this one. Too hard, especially given the outdated rewards.

V2: This one's fun but you need a bunch of XL champions (preferably). The lower in size you go, the more difficult the Variant becomes. XL champions can use all attacks freely, but every size below XL introduces new restrictions in terms of what attacks you can use. I think L champs can use heavy attacks and special attacks, while M champs can use heavy attacks and SP3s, and so on.

V3: Fun as well but you need a good roster of Tech champions since they'll thrive here. The more Tech champions you have in your team, the stronger the team as such will be. All other classes get 50% reduced damage.

V4: This is a really interesting Variant since there aren't any restrictions in terms of tags or classes, but you need a different set of star-level for each quest. In the first quest, you need 6 and 5* champions; in the second, only 5*s; in the third, only 4*s; etc. I really liked the concept but it can also be a pain if you don't have the right champions. The last quest has a path that is infamously, impossibly hard if you don't have a 1* Hulk.

V5: Now we're talking! A needed bump in rewards makes this a worthwhile trip. You need Mystics, symbiotes or Spider-Verse heroes.

V6: Probably my favorite Variant. You need #Villains. It has a lot of fun nodes that benefit you, in addition to those that are there to cause you problems, so with the right champions, it's possible to cheese some paths. Venom and Doctor Doom were my two MVPs if I recall correctly.

V7: You need #Heroes, but class-specific ones. In the first two quests, you can use Skill and Mutant #Heroes (iirc); in the third and fourth quest, you get another class duo to use; and the final two quests require #Heroes from the remaining two classes. That made it a bit challenging for me. I had to rank up quite a few champions for this.

V8: This was kind of fun for me as a challenge, but it is infamously restrictive in which champions you can use - only Deadpool champions or those who are tagged as #Mercenaries. That's a very small pool (about 20 champions out of everyone in the game), especially considering that basically every Deadpool champion is already tagged as a #Mercenary. Deadpool champions get an insane regeneration, but I wouldn't start with this one. Especially if you don't have a good Deadpool champion.

So if I were you, I'd plug these various things into the filter and see which champions you have the most options for. Just looking at your roster, you seem to have a decent amount of #Villains so I would probably start with V6.