**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 8 6-star attack bonuses?

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
Has anyone done the legwork to figure out the act 8 attack bonus for 6-stars? I’m wondering how worthwhile it is to get a few extra rankups done before exploration. I’m also curious to see where it surpasses the flat bonus for act 7.

Comments

• Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Can't say I've done the math but I used a few 5 stars and rank 2s. As long as they're the right champ, they are absolutely fine for getting through the content. A lot of paths either have the Weapon Node which gives you an insane attack boost for meeting the specific criteria or have the same nodes as CavEQ so you are able to build up another 350% attack by ramping up passive fury's. There are some other paths that give you small fury on parry or have foresight etc. Main takeaway is that there is a lot helping your damage output so don't feel that you necessarily need to wait for the extra rank. Unless .. one of those champs is a big prowess champ. They are super helpful for the Scytalis boss.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    I honestly can't say that I even noticed the difference ... I'd be curious to see if anyone actually has comparative numbers to see if the supposed 6 star boost is even effective.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I noticed. It helps
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,219 ★★★★★
    I used couple 5*, they were slower when compared to 6*s.
    But they managed to clear what they suppose to clear.
    Not a big issue when you know what you are doing.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    It's noticable, but I still brought 5 stars when needed with no problems
  • Options
    I know it’s doable. I made a first pass so I could reach paragon but I’m the kind of neurotic that wants numbers, plus I’m starting to get short on items.

Like I’m working on Shang Chi right now. The bump from r2 to r3 is 465 attack. So it seems plausible that the node gap might be about the same, so I get 900-1000 extra attack by waiting for the rankup, a boost closer to 40% than 20%. That assumes a split of roughly 100-500-1000-1500-2000. If they did something silly like 100-200-500-1000-2000 then that’s kinda out the window. That’s why I want hard numbers
  • Options
    It’s amazing how close those numbers turned out. Wow.
  • Options
    Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    I used both my 5* nimrod and my 6* nimrod in act 8.1.4 with a weapon node. My 5* rank 5 nimrod needed 2 sp2’s to take down Beast while my 6* rank 4 was over kill with one sp2 against Sauron. Although there is already significant difference in attack between a 5* rank 5 and 6* rank 4 and Sauron is the easier matchup since nimrod puts a lot of shocks on Sauron with every hit. The weapon node increased damage over time debuffs as well so hard to tell. But I also did fights with fury and Chang chi both 5* and they were easy fights but much longer than the fights with 6* rank 3 moleman and hitmonkey on the same path.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Do the bonus matter that much?

Imo, even if they removed the bonus for 6*s for Act 8, it wouldn’t have made a difference given how easy the content is.