Options

Mid-combo halts / stand-stills

Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Posts: 274
edited September 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
Several players in my alliance, including myself, are experiencing the introduction of a new "bug", where our champs are suddenly coming to a halt / stand-still mid-combo and are getting hit or missing an opportunity to perform a favourable action. And it's happening across game modes, but most notably AQ.

It's really (not) funny how these fight "bugs" mostly (always?) work against the players. So hoping it will get resolved, but quite sure it won't.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Posts: 624 ★★
    Exact same thing happened to many few days back while fighting gwenmaster, in second mutant phase I missed the dex and the intercept was not successful, ended up using revives and potions. And here I see the major problem is 7*s.
  • Options
    stephen8992stephen8992 Posts: 34
    this has been happening to me in AQ a lot recently as well especially with quicksilver
  • Options
    Hickdog27Hickdog27 Posts: 137 ★★
    I have two accounts - on my main, I use an Iphone 12, on the side account an iphone 8 plus. I haven't had that problem on the main account but have had that issue on the side account ever since the input issues started. I feel like it happens more often for XL champs for some reason.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,324 ★★★★
    I thought it was me.. maybe I wasn't fast enough with my button presses.. I guess I should expect as much. Since blocking still doesn't work 100% most of the time.. I have to end combo earlier and block super early for it to register.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    This definitely isn’t new and has been happening for over a year. It’s the same dropped inputs problem that’s been going on with parry and dex. I run an iPhone 14 pro, so it definitely isn’t the phone I use.
  • Options
    It's been happening for long now and isn't fixed yet. In fact I feel like it's getting worse. When controls ****, battleground mode with victory shield stuff is a joke.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,410 ★★★★★
    Just had my venom die bc he stood still after his sp2 block and couldn't even dex to avoid 🤦
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Yup
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,559 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    There have been rare instances of combo interruption I’ve experienced (as well as others in a fairly experienced player chat). While I don’t have an official explanation, I’m guessing there is a slight stutter in the game where my input doesn’t register and which the AI perceives as an opening to take the opportunity to hit me.

Traditionally, absent some special ability (unstoppable, falter, etc.), the AI isn’t able to immediately counter while you are mid-combo hitting them or their block. What I’ve seen is precisely this, although I haven’t had my champ completely stop and stand still. That sounds like a mix of dropped inputs and some kind of game freeze.

Any video of it? I hate when people ask that, because we shouldn’t have to record every fight to prove a bugged game has bugs. However, that might be helpful to demonstrate and theorize what’s going on.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

There have been rare instances of combo interruption I’ve experienced (as well as others in a fairly experienced player chat). While I don’t have an official explanation, I’m guessing there is a slight stutter in the game where my input doesn’t register and which the AI perceives as an opening to take the opportunity to hit me.

Traditionally, absent some special ability (unstoppable, falter, etc.), the AI isn’t able to immediately counter while you are mid-combo hitting them or their block. What I’ve seen is precisely this, although I haven’t had my champ completely stop and stand still. That sounds like a mix of dropped inputs and some kind of game freeze.

Any video of it? I hate when people ask that, because we shouldn’t have to record every fight to prove a bugged game has bugs. However, that might be helpful to demonstrate and theorize what’s going on.

Dr. Zola

That's a reasonable line of thought. Trouble is, one has to record every single fight for that, since it doesn't happen every fight. Also, to prove that your input was there, you have to use one of those tools used by YouTubers where they highlight their inputs.

For a brilliantly detailed and developed game, these "bugs" are substantial blotches that need to be resolved. Game Rubber Banding is one thing, but the game not doing what it's supposed to do for months (years?) is another.
  • Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 792 ★★★
    It already past more than a year with input issues, their response is file a ticket for every bug we encounter.
    The MCOCAB: The Marvel Contest of Champions and Bugs
  • Options
    Aaaaaand stuff like this is why so many people (including myself) are playing a lot less.

They have no interest in fixing input bugs. It keeps people spending money for revives and buffs that way. It’s actually kinda brilliant in a very cynical way.
  • Options
    EmzEmz Posts: 17
    Have the same problems, and it's super annoying when you're doing a boss fight..
  • Options
    In the last one and a half months this has increased. Quite certain now (if I wasn't before) that it isn't a "bug".