**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Green, Yellow, and Red buttons

The red kill button should be like green and yellow. If the opponent is blocking, it does no damage.

Making it automatic, even when blocking, is unfair and lends to players allowing themselves to be beaten, just to hit red, and win the fight.

Comments

• Options
    Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    what?
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Ok so wait you are talking about the button for using specials?

The color is only to show you how much meter you have. It does not automatically kill anyone.

Sp3 are unblockable, but they are not automatic kill moves. My guess is you are early on in the game where your characters are low enough level that they can't survive special 3's yet. Later on it's not as big a deal and certain characters have passives that allow them to tank sp3's.
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    For a lot of champs, sp2 and in some cases sp1, can be more damaging than a sp3. They can both crit whereas a sp3 can’t. Sp3 is useful because it’s a guaranteed hit and the opponent is unable to avoid the damage. If that was to do 0 damage nobody would use it. Would also make all or nothing nodes useless among many others like power gain if it doesn’t even hurt you. You would never need to bait either. It would quite literally break the way the game is supposed to work. 5*s can reduce the damage by up to 20% though so it already partially exists but should still be avoided if possible. But to stop all damage would just be a terrible idea.
  • Options
    StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    lol the red kill button. Imma start calling it that.
  • Options
    What I mean is, the special attacks should only work on a non blocking opponent. I can weather the attacks when I block about 50% of the time.
    Using the special attacks would still be relevant because of the amounts of damage done to a non-blocking opponent.
    My point is, sp3 should be treated as sp1 + 2 there should only be muted damage to a blocking opponent and total % damage if they aren’t.
    Why should sp3 hit through a block? Why block then?
  • Options
    KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    Lord have mercy... The fights would last forever if you took only block damage from Sp3... Hello... George Mcfly... Anybody home...
  • Options
    Juan3sJuan3s Posts: 85
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    or at least we can choose which special to use even though power bar is red.
    AI can do that, why not us?

The AI can't actually choose, the only time they do a sp2 and the power bar is full is when the sp3 attack isn't activated. For example in Heroic mode in the monthly quest, or the early chapters of story mode. The AI is unable to do sp3's, so it does sp2's instead.

Any time the sp3 attack is enabled and they have full power, they will use the sp3, never the sp2.
  • Options
    ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Don't push to s3. Bait specials.
  • Options
    Why do people keep insisting the Ai don't do its special 2 when it has all 3 bars red
    Yes I am level 59 and been playing the game a long and when the Ai has 3 bars red
    IT DOES WHATEVER SPECIAL IT FEELS LIKE....all that it only do it on certain content
    is B.S....I'm gonna find out where it's supposed to us its special 3 when all 3 bars are
    red and record the match and get VIDEO PROOF...and post it
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    67shelbygt wrote: »
    Why do people keep insisting the Ai don't do its special 2 when it has all 3 bars red
    Yes I am level 59 and been playing the game a long and when the Ai has 3 bars red
    IT DOES WHATEVER SPECIAL IT FEELS LIKE....all that it only do it on certain content
    is B.S....I'm gonna find out where it's supposed to us its special 3 when all 3 bars are
    red and record the match and get VIDEO PROOF...and post it

The correct answer was posted above. You only see them using sp2 and sp1 when they don’t have their third activated. This will never happen in AQ,AW or arena. It only happens on lower difficulty story/event quests. Act 1, 2 and 3 do not have opponents with third specials activated. So when they have a full Bar of Power they have to use a sp2 which leaves them with one bar left. Sometimes they’ll use that last bar, sometimes they’ll build back up to 2. But if they have 2 or 3 bars of power they cannot do a special 1. It isn’t a choice.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    The real problem is the fact that in Kabam's universe, getting punched in the face allows you to do a super move twice as fast as the person actually doing the punching. Combined with certain AI, like early Arena streaks before you hit infinite, where they have a hidden All-or-Nothing type AI, getting blown up by a SP3 when you are kicking their ass up to that point is lame.

Like currently, they changed the AI on the master proving grounds quests, and instead of the AI using they SP1/SP2, they All-or-Nothing it on almost every fight. Even more obvious is the boss, which has unblockable SP1 and SP2 on hard and medium path... yet the bosses don't use them right now. They hold until SP3 and then unload.
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    OMG