**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Problem with infuriate?

SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
So recently I've experienced a lot of instances where the AI would just choose to stand there and wait for us to dash in and then counter with a light attack and land a full 5 combo to our face. It just stand there, no block, no Dex. You dash in and get intercepted with a light attack.
This happens the most with infuriate on I think (or maybe it's because Hercules is an intercept champion so I notice it more with him)
Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Yeah I have been experiencing this quite a lot this last week.... specially in Map 5 & Battlegrounds
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    I don't want to call it a bug or anything yet, I think obviously the AI will evolve with time.
    Any tips to counter this anyone? What do I do if the AI is just walking towards me?
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 931 ★★★★
    Ken1378 said:

Yep. I notice it mostly on the very first time I try to backdraft after placing the infuriate. It’s like there is a delay and the AI just walks forward for a second sometimes.

I've noticed it the most with arena AI. I place infuriate, then attempt to backdraft intercept but it never works. The AI waits for a second and then just walks forward instead of dashing in.
  • MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,476 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022

So recently I've experienced a lot of instances where the AI would just choose to stand there and wait for us to dash in and then counter with a light attack and land a full 5 combo to our face. It just stand there, no block, no Dex. You dash in and get intercepted with a light attack.
    This happens the most with infuriate on I think (or maybe it's because Hercules is an intercept champion so I notice it more with him)
    Anyone else experience this?

I lose too many battlegrounds matches this way. A 200 point difference that wouldn’t have happened if I didn’t get hit by a combo because the AI was just T posing into a light attack during my intercept
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    The AI is constantly changing from time to time without any notice
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 513 ★★★
    This is something I discovered about him from the beginning. I only use infuriate when I plan on immediately launching the sp2. Works everytime. For whatever reason though, like you said, if you try using it to intercept, they will light intercept basically everytime. It's infuriating....lol. works like a charm for the special intercept though.
  • GeneralNappaGeneralNappa Posts: 102
    It's frustrating when gameplay that relies on intercepting is now useless because the AI refuse to dash most of the time and just throw combos at the air. Black Panther puts infuriate on, I dash back they legit throw a couple punches at thin air, then block or walk at you menacingly.
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    When using Hercules I tend to use the special intercept instead as I either get:
    1) defender not sufficiently infuriated and I get light intercepted; or
    2) defender sufficiently infuriated but clips me with a super dash (catching my dex before I can dash back in).

Even the special intercept isn’t 100% safe unless OG Black Panther is a synergy member.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    One thing I’ve found is that light intercepts tend to be the issue, I haven’t seen it as much with medium intercepts.

My theory is this: sometimes when infuriated, the AI tends to step forward for just a split second after you dash back and then dash forward.

When you do a light intercept, because of the slight pause from the step forward your light attack misses them, but it takes you within range of their attack so you get slammed.

When you do a medium intercept however, the pause from the step forward doesn’t matter, because they start dashing at you and your medium intercepts them.

This is not something I’ve tested in any great scrutiny, just anecdotally what I feel I’ve seen. I haven’t been failing as many intercepts with Herc while using medium attacks as light attacks, I don’t think.
  • Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 459 ★★★
    I tried out Black Panther with the Herc synergy for the first time today to see if I wanted to invest in him and was disappointed when it ended up being a coin toss on whether I intercepted the opponent or they intercepted me every time I dash mid combo. Interesting to see this is a recent development, hopefully the AI decides to change their ways
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

One thing I’ve found is that light intercepts tend to be the issue, I haven’t seen it as much with medium intercepts.

My theory is this: sometimes when infuriated, the AI tends to step forward for just a split second after you dash back and then dash forward.

When you do a light intercept, because of the slight pause from the step forward your light attack misses them, but it takes you within range of their attack so you get slammed.

When you do a medium intercept however, the pause from the step forward doesn’t matter, because they start dashing at you and your medium intercepts them.

This is not something I’ve tested in any great scrutiny, just anecdotally what I feel I’ve seen. I haven’t been failing as many intercepts with Herc while using medium attacks as light attacks, I don’t think.

I always do medium intercepts & the AI still gets me with light intercepts
    It's not a medium vs light thing
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I'm not saying this is always the problem, but I most notice this when I just spam intercepts and don't actually stop to time them out properly. If you pay attention to the actions of the defender and kinda give it a split second after dashing back, that can encourage them to dash into you instead of just leaving them sitting still where they can medium (or light) into your dash to combo you into oblivion. If that makes sense.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    It sounds like Hercules may have inadvertently placed the debuff on you.
  • AustinU823AustinU823 Posts: 84 ★★
    I’m perfectly equipped to intercept normally with any champion until I play with Hercules. The Infuriate debuff to me reads like “brainless and free intercepts!” But then I always run into the same issue you’re describing. I get overzealous with him and end up eating combos. I find it best to just ignore infuriate altogether and rely on the skills I’ve developed instead.