**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cap America Sam wilson

Cap America Sam Wilson isn't taking away prowess when entering lock on. This has happened to me in battle grounds and AW since the update a couple days ago. Please advise

Comments

• Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    He's not supposed to take away prowess when entering lock on.
  • Options
    Dwayne55Dwayne55 Posts: 123
    He always has in the past when cowardice activates
  • Options
    Against Kitty Pryde he does since she specifically has a line in her own abilities that removes her prowess when affected by a cowardice. It won't work for all mutants and nodes that activate prowess.
  • Options

Against Kitty Pryde he does since she specifically has a line in her own abilities that removes her prowess when affected by a cowardice. It won't work for all mutants and nodes that activate prowess.

Exactly but it's not doing that I just fought her on lane 6 in AW and it didn't do that. Also is Sauron still able to gain prowess with him locked on? Just seems like the whole point of that mechanic is to deny prowess and its not doing that at all
  • Options
    Maybe it's only her own prowess that are removed and one's from outside sources i.e. from nodes are not.

Sauron indirectly gains prowess from being struck so Cap Sam can't prevent them from triggering. There would be no point in having this line in his abilities if lock on were to deny prowess

• Options

Maybe it's only her own prowess that are removed and one's from outside sources i.e. from nodes are not.

Sauron indirectly gains prowess from being struck so Cap Sam can't prevent them from triggering. There would be no point in having this line in his abilities if lock on were to deny prowess

Why wouldn't there? The opponent can still gain prowess while lock on is not active so that ability gives him a chance to auto block while lock on is on cool down. Idk maybe I'm looking into it too much but the whole point of having the lock on is to negate prowess and its not working like that.
  • Options
    He's probably just not as good as I want him to be lol
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    Dwayne55 said:

No, I'm afraid he isn't.

I want him to be good. He's got some interesting abilities*. But he hits like a minnow, and if he's not Awakened his Power Drain is incredibly hard to apply.

*And the thing is, that most of his best abilities - Autoblock, no Crits, parry projectiles - are also possessed by Guardian, who is years older, but has far greater utility and Damage.
  • Options

Dwayne55 said:

No, I'm afraid he isn't.

I want him to be good. He's got some interesting abilities*. But he hits like a minnow, and if he's not Awakened his Power Drain is incredibly hard to apply.

*And the thing is, that most of his best abilities - Autoblock, no Crits, parry projectiles - are also possessed by Guardian, who is years older, but has far greater utility and Damage.
    Yeah he has a lot of potential sadly. A numbers only buff for increased damage would go a long way for him. Mine isn't awakened and I agree the power control is kind of hard to come by