**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6* AG trade in

It’s been at least a year I think, but we had an event where we could trade Awakening gems. Any chance of that happening again? I’ve spent 3 million loyalty on awakening gems now, only all I have to show for it is unneeded/unused skill gems.

Comments

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    I'd definitely make use of it.

If it was a trade-in event with limited options like last time (1 of each 'anything but X' Gem) it shouldn't be unbalancing.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    For 6s? Don't hold your breath.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    All I have seen on forums is someone from Kabam mentioning that they'll consider it. Which really means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

It would be GREAT if they could give us an official heads up beforehand so expectations can at least be slightly tempered.

Regardless, even if the exact same store doesn't return, I think *at least* some sort of low-level trade-in store might happen as a sort of "summoner appreciation" or "game anniversary" event special. Edit: but don't quote me on this.
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

We posted this waaay back on August 3rd:

In the conversations I've been a part of, I've not heard anything about the awakening gem/sig stone store returning in the near future. I think it's important information for you to hear, because I've seen a few players mention they're hoarding their items waiting for it to happen. Now, on the flip side to this, if it were to return in the distant future, I don't want to hear people saying "JAX TOLD ME TO SPEND AND NOW I CAN'T TRADE IN!" I'm saying that as of now I've not seen any indication that it's on the near horizon.

I have not heard anything to the contrary, since.

Appreciate the quick response! Also the reference, definitely forgot about this one in the maelstrom of information that is MCOC forums.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    3 6* mutant awakening gems saying hi here
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★

Funny. The last one I pulled was Mutant. I can't make a decision on Platpool, Mags, Prof, or Sauron.
  • Options

Funny. The last one I pulled was Mutant. I can't make a decision on Platpool, Mags, Prof, or Sauron.
    I have the 5* platpool duped and even at high sig, the special ability he got rarely was played, and it is still an unknown boost (likely pretty low) so I wouldn't say it is worth it unless you call the duped stars "platinum" and want a full platinum champ.

Red mags just gets more energy damage, which is helpful, but I think Prof benefits most.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★

I have the 5* platpool duped and even at high sig, the special ability he got rarely was played, and it is still an unknown boost (likely pretty low) so I wouldn't say it is worth it unless you call the duped stars "platinum" and want a full platinum champ.

Red mags just gets more energy damage, which is helpful, but I think Prof benefits most.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I do have him at R3.
  • Options
    Bossmode12Bossmode12 Posts: 105
    I would love to use them…Nobody to use it on. Maybe Valkyrie if I get her from the next featured.
  • Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★

I have 4 6* mystic ag just waiting for any potential trade in.

Skill gems for me. I haven't gotten a non-skill gem in that crystal since opening one for Abyss completion YEARS ago (science gem). I literally can set a watch to it.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,742 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

In the conversations I've been a part of, I've not heard anything about the awakening gem/sig stone store returning in the near future. I think it's important information for you to hear, because I've seen a few players mention they're hoarding their items waiting for it to happen. Now, on the flip side to this, if it were to return in the distant future, I don't want to hear people saying "JAX TOLD ME TO SPEND AND NOW I CAN'T TRADE IN!" I'm saying that as of now I've not seen any indication that it's on the near horizon.

Thank you for the notice. It comes at the right time. Yesterday I was criticizing Kabam for bad communication regardung VFX compensation, so to be fair I have to give credit where it's due. So thank you again for a well-timed response :smile:
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    edited October 2022

Assuming you're referring to Red Mags, I'd say he benefits the most (from the champs you listed).

His play style lends itself to parry/heavy to build prowess, so you're going to gain a lot more damage without changing how you would play him. The crit resistance and damage cap are a nice buffer should you get clipped.

Sauron's passive damage is super niche, and likely wouldn't trigger often, and the prowess boost isn't worth it in my opinion.

Prof-X is a very defensive based benefit, cause attacking, you can build charges through parry/heavy faster anyway. The prowess boost he gets is nice, but it scales with power, so it's a risky play style, cause if you seek max benefits and don't kill, you're getting wrecked by a sp3.

And Platinumpool....I'm just surprised to see that as an option. Even if you just genuinely love him, he's not gonna be beneficial to you in hard content, so I wouldn't make that move.
  • Options
    RebarkRebark Posts: 344 ★★★
    Just in case, just don't use awakening gems.
    There's no reason to be concerned about that. If your account is very good, there is no need to keep opening the 4/5 star awakening gem crystals.
    If your account is not an advanced account, you will hardly have enough gems to exchange for a 6 star gem.
    At least I'm saving mine, if it comes I'll be prepared, if it doesn't, it doesn't change anything, since 5 star champions at this point in the game don't serve much anymore, with the exception of magik, quake, torch and maybe some other that I don't remember. In any case, none of these three need the Signature Ability.
    If you think otherwise, maybe you still use the 5 star, in which case you are probably not using the 4 star and the same goes, just keep the crystals.
    It should come in December, I see no reason why Kabam can't bring it back. Soon we will have 7 stars and they are just awakening gems, it is possible to get one every month in incursions with an average cost of 1000/2000 units
  • Options
    HulkbusterN1HulkbusterN1 Posts: 211 ★★
    That would be cool to see trade-in store for AG in black iso market. For example, you can buy and reroll 6* once per three months. I have so many useless 3*, 4* and even 5*, since I don’t care about 5*’s and got 3* and 4* new champs and their awakenings from the arena.
  • Options
    Sime_JuricSime_Juric Posts: 83
    The trade in store was an extremely pro player move last year. Even aside from the ag trade there was some really good stuff in there. However, seeing the trends kabam is setting this year in regard to pro player moves I expect nothing. Absolutely nothing. And if something happens great. If not also great. Perfect example was the pool side event, arena and gold offers which never happened.
  • Options
    PetieCameronPetieCameron Posts: 260
    Kabam Jax said:

That was a waste of words would have been as well not addressing this I don't know of nothing but if it happens don't blame me ha ha ha 🤣😂 don't hoard but hoard just incase.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★

My options are red mags or white mags. I wouldn't do red mags since it's a coold damage bonus but most of the damage comes from the sp3 anyway. I have heard good things about white mags tho I'm not sure I want to rank him up.