**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

DEBUFF DETOX BROKEN

Amms90Amms90 Posts: 335 ★★★
The new attacker tactic debuff detox is broken. I'm in tier 1. The description of the node says that if you stack up 6 stacks of cleanse charges, you should go debuff immune for 5 seconds. What happens instead when you have 5 charges and you either parry/block/dex, reaching 6, is that you just lose them all without any positive effects. The only effect is that you lose all your cleanse charges. This makes debuff detox very impractical. Not only that, it also sucks by design because when you have many cleanse charges and you receive a debuff you lose them all, which doesn't really make much sense. It would be decent if "x" number of cleanse charges would allow you to purify "x" number of incoming debuffs. But sadly, this is not how it was designed. However, the fact that you lose all cleanse charges by receiving a single debuff added to the fact that stacking 6 cleanes charges makes you lose them all with no added effects means that having stackable cleanse charges is completely useless. Then it'd be better to just have a single cleanse and consume it when you get a debuff. The way the node is designed and the way it is currently (half broken) makes it very very hard to deal with the current new defense tactic unsteady ground.

Therefore, in my opinion there is a need to work on the nodes to make the next alliance war season playable.

Comments

• Options
    Here I have 5 charges:

I get hit on the block again. I should gain a charge and by reaching 6 I should go debuff immune for 5 seconds:

I lost all my 6 charges. Graphically, I see no icon nor any timers showing debuff immunity for 5 seconds. But I think maybe it's a visual bug and I still am debuff immune. Well that's not it. As I land a hit in the same second I receive a shock debuff:

This is proof that the global attack tactic is broken and it's not working as the description states it should.

• Options
    ExHavokExHavok Posts: 518 ★★★
    Happened to me as well against Knull boss. Attack tactic supposed to give you debuff immunity after 6th charge and remove all living abyss on you so you can actually deal damage but absolutely nothing happens and all of your attack glances. You can’t bring Kingpin, you can’t bring MoleMan cause after frenzy you will get abysses inflicted on you and all of your attacks will glance. You cant trust Agent Venom cause if he won’t purifies.. well you’ll glance.

How do we supposed to take duped Knull boss really ?
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    This is exactly what I was going to post. Detox tactic is broken. No debuff immunity occurring and you lose all cleanse charges from detoxing 1 buff.

On top of it, it’s irritating that you can’t cleanse debuffs that are on you before you have a cleanse charge. But if h the debuff immunity and the lose only the same # of cleanse charges as debuffs cleansed worked correctly, it was wouldn’t be that bad. But as the node currently plays, any debuffs on you at the start of the fight that don’t expire are on you the entire fight.
  • Options
    ExHavok said:

Happened to me as well against Knull boss. Attack tactic supposed to give you debuff immunity after 6th charge and remove all living abyss on you so you can actually deal damage but absolutely nothing happens and all of your attack glances. You can’t bring Kingpin, you can’t bring MoleMan cause after frenzy you will get abysses inflicted on you and all of your attacks will glance. You cant trust Agent Venom cause if he won’t purifies.. well you’ll glance.

How do we supposed to take duped Knull boss really ?

Kingpin would be worthless anyway bc his rage charges are debuffs.
  • Options
    But you’re correct. Knull boss with current broken tactic is a s***show
  • Options
    Can we get an update about this ? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
  • Options
    PirateJonPirateJon Posts: 82
    Needs to be fixed before season starts
  • Options
    Can we get an explanation about this issue please ?
  • Options
    Yeah, it's not working properly
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Are we going to start the season bugged again? This time without the tactic working for all champs?
  • Options
    KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    It’s nice fighting an almost perma unblockable Knull boss isn’t it?😂
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit is there anyway one of you could let us know what is going on with this? The debuff immunity part of debuff detox is clearly broken.
  • Options

Almost? He must be very low sig. everyone we have faced is perma unblockable and the whole fight is just glancing.
  • Options
    Run477 said:

Almost? He must be very low sig. everyone we have faced is perma unblockable and the whole fight is just glancing.
    I got the detox to semi work enough for me to drop the debuffs once…just once tho lol still absolutely not working as it should tho lol
  • Options
    Kabam staying real hush about this tho is also super nice(please note the sarcasm lol)
  • Options
    Are we really going to just go into season with this BS and no comment/fix announced like a season or two ago where something got “fixed” either right before first war or right after first war?
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    No reply to this from kabam?

• Options
    ArbenBishaArbenBisha Posts: 83
    @Kabam Miike this is urgent. War season starts in less than a week, and the attacking node is bugged.
  • Options
    SaltygoodnessSaltygoodness Posts: 354 ★★
    The attack tactic doesn't work the way it is described and there are possibly 2-3 options for Knull boss and it will be exploited. The attack tactic is supposed to actually work and help. Please look into it

The main problem is that against Knull boss and similar bosses with many debuffs "debuff detox” attackers can't be used. They don't become debuff immune and because of that never fully remove all debuffs so the fight turns into constant glancing (so potentially a lost bonus or timeout).
  • Options
    Goji88Goji88 Posts: 35
    Yes this attack tactic is still not working properly. @Kabam Miike . Please give an update on this or tell us this has been seen.
  • Options
    spaceoakspaceoak Posts: 139
    Device and Version: iPad Pro 12.9 3rd Gen

Device Operating System: ios 15.6.0

Mobile Carrier: none WiFi only

Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and Bluetooth to cellular

Game Version Installed: 36.3.1

Game Mode: Alliance War.

Champions Affected: All Buff Detox champs. R4 max sig Kitty Pryde

Active Boosts: none\NA

Description of the Issue: When reaching 6 buff detox charges the champ never goes debuff immune.

Screenshot or Video:
    Example of R4 Max Sig Kitty Pryde against Knull AW boss
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Any update on this or will we just have to play through it.

Probably have to play through it and suffer vs the punishing champs. It seems like they have too many things on their plate to ever fix war.
  • Options
    Interestingly, taskmaster has similar wordings re: immune to debuff.. I tested his mechanics and turned out he can’t shrug off knull debuffs too.
    He is immune to future debuffs but is not able to shrug off earlier debuffs.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike so….we’re just gonna ignore this eh? Or are we just not “fixing” it till season starts so people cant have any real practice time with it?👀
  • Options
    HydrAnoiDHydrAnoiD Posts: 6
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax
    Guys.... this bug still exist on 13 Nov 2022
    Can't believe that everyone in Kabam gonna really ignored this?
  • Options
    Same. Still here. Can’t get it to work for knull bosses