**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I have enjoyed this months side quest. Thank-you Kabam.

MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
I had not started the side quest until a couple days ago (which is something I liked about it... not being time boxed or any opportunities expiring). Getting entrance to it was easy and painless thanks to the great community here posting duel targets. Playing each run on the top difficulty was challenging but do-able which is right where I like it (a few of my champs would get knocked out but did not need to use any revives, heals or boosts). The rewards were as advertised... most runs you get the 20,000 and you get to go on a shopping spree (love it) OR once in a blue moon you go down a crazy awesome path with killer rewards. On my main account I landed a 6* Tech AG (thank-you Kabam) and on my backup account a 6* mutant (APOC as my only non-cyclops champ) AND the 10,000 6* shards path.

Only 4 fights, random path chosen for you and only costs 1 energy to travel.

Neat, tidy, simple, do-able, some random chance and some choice for us (when shopping). Overall, thought it was a solid SQ.

Thanks all

Comments

• Options
    @Chobbly I loved getting the 6* AG.... I could have awakened Ultron or Kang (for fun) as well. It just so happened Spidey was already R3 and the others only R2 or R1 so I went with Spidey as I can put him to use right away. Only getting candy might be okay if there was a 6* AG in the store to buy...... I like how they organized this one overall. Thanks.
  • Options
    Oh and to sweeten the deal, I just noticed that my now awakened Spidey SE is my #2 rated champ on my main account (behind only SS who has a crazy high rating) and on my backup account the newly awakened APOC is my new #1 and updated profile pic! Fun stuff!
  • Options
    HamoBlamo51HamoBlamo51 Posts: 280 ★★
    i enjoyed it aswell
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,094 ★★★
    GoingBack said:

I agree, if everyone was as lucky as you, it would have been a great event. Meanwhile I am still, foolishly, holding out hope that I can get a run other than candy.

Completely agree. So tired of seeing candy.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Whatever makes you happy I guess.

I hated having to go to forums for duel targets, even if I knew who the champ is. I also think it could've been without energy cost, but other than that I am fine with the rewards and therefore mostly agree with your take OP
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I did get other things than candy so I'm satisfied
  • Options
    BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
    The duel target was unnecessary but easily done by checking the global chat.
    I've got the gold once and 6* shards once, the rest was candy and I got what I need from the store.
    The only issue I have was the length of this side quest. I appreciate some months have 5 weeks instead of 4, which kind of made this side quest a drag when it's combined with random rifts.
  • Options
    AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    My only complaint is that practice fights don’t count.

When it’s duels, we all just go find the posted target. Because giving your own guess and then searching for a duel can be time consuming. Takes the fun out of it.

If we were allowed practice fights, more people would be willing to guess on their own. I think people would enjoy that more. It’s not like easy fights are a problem; everyone posts the 3-star duel anyways.

As for the rewards, they are the best we’ve had for a side quest alone this year. Yes, even if you only got candy. I got the AG but pulled a duplicate of a gem I already had and have zero need for.

Wait, I have a second complaint. Whiners on the forums completely refusing to go add up the candy store rewards using only 28 days and compare them to previous months.
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    Honestly, I had a severe shortage of gold on my accounts, so there was a time when I got the 6* sig stones path and cursed a bit because I really needed the candy to buy more gold.
  • Options
    buttersbutters Posts: 116
    Yeah this one was bad. I got 4 paths that weren't candy and all 4 were gold, which I currently have over 60 million of. The store had outrageous prices for anything worthwhile or such small amounts that it made it pointless (looking at you 1 6* sig stone) Hopefully November and December are better and this one never comes back. Good on you OP for the brag post though.
  • Options
    AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    butters said:

Yeah this one was bad. I got 4 paths that weren't candy and all 4 were gold, which I currently have over 60 million of. The store had outrageous prices for anything worthwhile or such small amounts that it made it pointless (looking at you 1 6* sig stone) Hopefully November and December are better and this one never comes back. Good on you OP for the brag post though.

It was a +5 Sig Stone. And +5 from objectives for +10.

In July we got 10, August 10, September 12.

With 25 days of candy you got all the Cavs, all the T5B, all the 6-star shards, all the T5CC, the selectors, the sig stone.

All of those add up to exact or better than every previous month (almost as if Kabam calculated it before hand). From July to September, we got a total of 28 Cavs for 3 months of play time. You got 45 this month.

So tell me more about these bad rewards.

• Options
    Google_340Google_340 Posts: 63
    I want t5 class catalysts and 6* awk gem i will hope get in comming days.

I got 10000 6* shards and 6* Sig stone all other 20000 candy