**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Building a dream team

Recently got my hands on a green hulk and by adding him into my party it pretty much wrecks my synergies with the party I have. Question is... Kind of want a universal team. Are Synergies that important? Having Green Hulk and Black Widow together seems to add stuns across the whole party so should I just go with whoever I want to add? Take only the over powered players? What do people seem to run these days....

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,477 ★★★★★
    Depends what the content I’m looking at beating is. If I don’t know how difficult it will be or the boosts ahead of time my team is....
    Gwenpool, archangel, Hyperion, star lord, stark enhanced Spider-Man.
  • Options
    SyrionSyrion Posts: 64
    Yeah at the moment I am running red hulk, x23, gwenpool, howard the duck and dr strange. Just want to get other peoples ideas on what they do...
    So jaded. you mention you change it up based on your needs? I am not super far invested in the game yet. (mostly talking about 4* champs) I got a few that are 3/30 and some at 4/40. Just looking for a good smash and pound team. See what other people are running.
  • Options
    Anyone else wanna just come in and chit chat with me while servers are being worked on? Let me know advice or tips. Still somewhat noobish and willing to expand my knowledge
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The only place that synergies seem to be of any genuine use is in arenas to boost PI (since points are based on champ ratings). Some players will build specific synergy teams for end-game content like Scarlet Witch with a crit-damage synergy team (not even ranked up champs). They will only fight with SW and heal her as needed, the rest of the team will simply go along for the ride. That used to be more common before the 12.0 update, but not so much now.

Outside of that, find the champs that you fight the best with and that work for the content you're in (i.e. bring a bleed-immune champ if you know you're fighting a node with bleed damage).

My typical team is Gwenpool, X23, AA, Guilly, and Hype. Not a single synergy there. Working on ranking up my Scarlet Witch and Star Lord so I have more options.
  • Options
    Thanks for your input Dexman. Some characters I do play better than others but at a base level the mechanics are the same for all players. Its just knowing how each champion works. Guess its too hard to really say XXX team is best for all modes as they contest does a good job of mixing everything up so its good to create diversity. You have a solid team there. I don't have a hyperion nor a guilly yet (4* anyway).
  • Options
    JmoneysteckJmoneysteck Posts: 196
    i would say the best all around team is iceman voodoo stark spidey magik archangel

really depend on the content u are trying to beat
  • Options
    All those champions are top notch Jmoneysteck. I don't have a Starkspiderman. Other champs are solid for sure. Does the class diversity not matter as much? I always try to mix it up so I have most classes covered. That not always the case?
  • Options
    JmoneysteckJmoneysteck Posts: 196
    Syrion wrote: »
    All those champions are top notch Jmoneysteck. I don't have a Starkspiderman. Other champs are solid for sure. Does the class diversity not matter as much? I always try to mix it up so I have most classes covered. That not always the case?
    having class disadvantage just means an extra 5 hit combo based on my experience
  • Options
    having class disadvantage just means an extra 5 hit combo based on my experience
    Hope that works. Never quoted before.
    Plus or Minus the extra damage they can deal out... Where I am not loaded with 5/50 champions (only played 4 months. started 7/2) I don't have biggest or diverse team. I always thought the synergies were make or break but seems they tend to be a really big undertone for things. :(
  • Options
    JtcJtc Posts: 25
    synergies can still be valuable in quests. In general the Quake/Widow/Hawkeye synergy can boost your other 2 champs abilities enough to help a lesser ranked champ you like still do difficult content. I tend to quest harder content in that way simply to amplify specific champs I know I want to use. In general crit teams, ability accuracy and frequency teams, attack teams, they have value. As an example Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk, Quake, Voodoo (with md at 4) you can spam voodoo sp1 and chain stun stuff. Power gain / crit teams were great for vision against the collector (now you can stark spider him). If you have a built roster synergies are fun and a quick way to use lots of champs. If you don’t, just use your best champs and bring specific attributes like power control, immunes, etc
  • Options
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    My team right now is Quake, Hawkeye, Archangel, Ghostrider and Angela. The only synergy is Quake and Hawk + 5 perfect block GR and AA.

I’m working on clearing the last chapter in Act 5.1. I prefer to have the 5 different classes over synergy.

Help me understand the huge plus side to ghost rider. I don't have him but many people praise him. Do you like angela? I feel she falls short but I do like all the buffs she gets. 5.1 was a good fun act. It changed from being a struggle to fun for me. I like your other champs. they are good!!
  • Options
    The base mechanics are the same across the board. That's how you can go from one champ to the next while grinding through arenas without much worry.

The part you need to focus on are the character-specific nuances that make them even better. Taking a champ like Hype and knowing he stacks fury with his heavy attacks, so you start the fight with a couple parry-heavy combos while his power meter is growing. Then once he gets 3 bars of power, let it gain a couple cosmic charges (additional attack boost), so then when you finally hit that SP3 button he knocks out some crazy high damage.

Or knowing Wolvie's regen is tied to his power bar. More power = more regen. So you don't use his specials unless it's to finish the fight because he'll be regenerating crazy amounts of health.

Find one champ you like and learn them really well. Then find a second champ, then a third. As your roster grows you're preferences will change. My first two favorite champs were Thor and Venom. Now I rarely use them because I found new champs that I liked more.

It does help reading through the forums and on Reddit for tips and tricks on which champs are better and more worth your time. You don't want to focus on someone like Kamala Khan or Joe Fixit because they aren't very good even when played perfectly.
  • Options
    Jtc wrote: »
    synergies can still be valuable in quests. In general the Quake/Widow/Hawkeye synergy can boost your other 2 champs abilities enough to help a lesser ranked champ you like still do difficult content. I tend to quest harder content in that way simply to amplify specific champs I know I want to use. In general crit teams, ability accuracy and frequency teams, attack teams, they have value. As an example Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk, Quake, Voodoo (with md at 4) you can spam voodoo sp1 and chain stun stuff. Power gain / crit teams were great for vision against the collector (now you can stark spider him). If you have a built roster synergies are fun and a quick way to use lots of champs. If you don’t, just use your best champs and bring specific attributes like power control, immunes, etc

Yeah the build I have right now has I think 4 or 5 active synergies.... but now that I have a green hulk I wanna get him up but he messes up many things. So if I ever get my hands on a Black Widow that will help and I can try to find another build. I love my Gwenpool and I love x23. yeah. I will surely have to play around with other characters. I have just become so dependent on bleed damage that when I tried to do Golds event I couldn't cause of "cornered" node.... made me realize I needed a more diverse team
  • Options
    Masteries for specific champs can be every bit the better options than synergies as well
  • Options
    Regarding class disadvantage, I try to avoid it as much as possible. I wont even take my 6k PI Gwenpool against a 1k PI mutant unless I have to. It's more of a preference for me. I try to get class advantage as much as possible, so I typically bring a mixed team.

Sometimes I'll run 2 of the same class in AQ or AW attack if I know which line I'll be running and want to maximize class advantages (Like a mystic team if I'm doing the cosmic line in AQ Map 5).

I'll never run 3 of the same class in a questing team. Only one of my arena teams is all the same class (BW, BPCW, WS) but I do that to maximize PI through synergies.
  • Options
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    The base mechanics are the same across the board. That's how you can go from one champ to the next while grinding through arenas without much worry.

The part you need to focus on are the character-specific nuances that make them even better. Taking a champ like Hype and knowing he stacks fury with his heavy attacks, so you start the fight with a couple parry-heavy combos while his power meter is growing. Then once he gets 3 bars of power, let it gain a couple cosmic charges (additional attack boost), so then when you finally hit that SP3 button he knocks out some crazy high damage.

Or knowing Wolvie's regen is tied to his power bar. More power = more regen. So you don't use his specials unless it's to finish the fight because he'll be regenerating crazy amounts of health.

Find one champ you like and learn them really well. Then find a second champ, then a third. As your roster grows you're preferences will change. My first two favorite champs were Thor and Venom. Now I rarely use them because I found new champs that I liked more.

It does help reading through the forums and on Reddit for tips and tricks on which champs are better and more worth your time. You don't want to focus on someone like Kamala Khan or Joe Fixit because they aren't very good even when played perfectly.

I do go through and read much of the characters profiles. Thanks for the insight on things man... knowledge is power!
  • Options
    Power control champs I’ve come to enjoy more than most other attributes. Kabam has become lazy and power control is the new black since the only difficulty in many of their recent content releases is either auto die or rampant power gain
  • Options
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    I just expanded and added to my post. Ghostrider is amazing. He causes bleed, can heal from 1/4 health to max. Power drains. Nullifies buffs. Bleed immune. Has a wide swing too which makes it easy to connect with the opponent. Also, his fury when awakened almost doubles his damage.

Nice... I don't have him so I didn't know much of what he can do. Is the huge health gain from his level 2? I didn't know he could heal.....

• Options
    Masteries for specific champs can be every bit the better options than synergies as well

I am getting there. I am level 57 atm and still need to finish up act 4 part 4 for that last mastery point. so many ways to build a character. I tried going into suicides but seems where i am in an active war alliance suicides would be bad for me as my champs would auto kill.
  • Options
    Immunities and power control are very valuable. It's what makes Vision such a great champ. No bleed, no poison, and a great SP1. But he doesn't regen at all (not even willpower), so you have to take the good with the bad.
  • Options
    Power control champs I’ve come to enjoy more than most other attributes. Kabam has become lazy and power control is the new black since the only difficulty in many of their recent content releases is either auto die or rampant power gain

Power control is you referring to heroes like magic? or Iceman with ice armor? is it stuff that controls their energy bar right? (enemy energy bar)
  • Options
    GR is a sequence champ. His judgements have a pattern to achieve different things and the pattern is reset by sp3. His regen is after a heavy, used once, then you need to sp3 to do it again
  • Options
    Syrion wrote: »

I am getting there. I am level 57 atm and still need to finish up act 4 part 4 for that last mastery point. so many ways to build a character. I tried going into suicides but seems where i am in an active war alliance suicides would be bad for me as my champs would auto kill.

What's funny is that you're further along in story mode than I am. I'm just exploring 4.3 now. I just don't care much for the story quests. lol
  • Options
    GR is a sequence champ. His judgements have a pattern to achieve different things and the pattern is reset by sp3. His regen is after a heavy, used once, then you need to sp3 to do it again

dang sounds like I need to keep my eyes out for him and try to get a 3* or a 4* to learn him
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for posting. Thread has started to move fast and I will try my best to get to everyone before the contest goes live again. Appreciate everyone who is here talking with me
  • Options
    Immunities and power control are very valuable. It's what makes Vision such a great champ. No bleed, no poison, and a great SP1. But he doesn't regen at all (not even willpower), so you have to take the good with the bad.

I do have a 4* vision but thats the fear is his lack of healing.... I tend to slip up here and there.... but yeah, I tend to have not much struggle from the enemy as I power drain him.
  • Options
    What's funny is that you're further along in story mode than I am. I'm just exploring 4.3 now. I just don't care much for the story quests. lol

It was the drive for the masteries that pushed me... they are like hidden levels... I may be further. but I bet your stronger and have a good range of heroes.... I was so heavily invested in the team I have (red hulk, strange, x23, gwenpool, howard duck 4/40) that I used x23 and gwen alot since they have great bleed damage... I got hindered by champions that gain perks while under debuffs.... as JTC mentioned.... seems power control champs (magik, vision) are the way to go to keeping the AI in check.... but at the same time I wanna be able to hulk smash things without getting killed for it