**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why does Kabam keep on buffing new champs

BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,147 ★★★★
Kabam loves to talk about "balance" between all the champs in the game. But why do they keep on buffing new champs when there are obviously champs that actually need the buff? Groot, Drax, Hulk, Abomb, Rhino, Thor,(Jane Foster) Iron man, Superior Iron man, Yondu, Dormammu, Doc ock, Ms marvel, Beast, Iron fist, Cyclops, (both) Vision, (both) Spiderman OG, Black bolt, and Loki just to name a few. I get there's hype around the newer champs but, we need a rework on those champs much much more. These champs have been in this game for much longer

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Doc ock is not "really good" He's good but Im 100% certain he's not good enough to be your first rank 4

Thor Jane foster and Yondu were already buffed and Doc Ock is already really good.....

The balancing program is different than the buff program. We're getting a Rocket Raccoon buff next week. They've just reduced how often they do those.

• Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
    So it's great they're buffing Gorr, America Chavez and newer champs, but when are we ever going to get some of the real old garbage champs brought up to a useable state? OG Iron Man, OG Cap America, Iron Fists, Groot to name a few have been in the game forever and beyond useless in any game mode today. Tuning up newer champs is great (and probably done to entice us to buy new crystals with them in it), but you guys have to start showing some more love to these older champs even though most of us already have then (looking like there's no incentive to buff them if the chances of people having to spend to get them is low).
    Do us a solid and go on an OG Dumpster Champ buffing spree after Christmas... Please?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,024 ★★★★★
    BabyMiike said:

Doc ock is not "really good" He's good but Im 100% certain he's not good enough to be your first rank 4

Thor Jane foster and Yondu were already buffed and Doc Ock is already really good.....

The balancing program is different than the buff program. We're getting a Rocket Raccoon buff next week. They've just reduced how often they do those.

Being the choice of my first R4, doesn't determine whether a champ is good or not. My first R4 was Silver Centurion. I didn't have Doc as an option. Doc isn't someone I use very often but that doesn't take away from the fact he's actually a really good champ.

I picked a R4 for a champ I really enjoy playing and use all the time and is arguably the best tech champ in the game.

S.C Stan's for lyfe.
  • Options

BabyMiike said:

Being the choice of my first R4, doesn't determine whether a champ is good or not. My first R4 was Silver Centurion. I didn't have Doc as an option. Doc isn't someone I use very often but that doesn't take away from the fact he's actually a really good champ.

I picked a R4 for a champ I really enjoy playing and use all the time and is arguably the best tech champ in the game.

S.C Stan's for lyfe.
    SC is nowhere near the best tech when nimrod exists
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    These are two separate entities you're talking about. The rebalance program is aimed exclusively at new Champions that are being released, so that way if there's a problem with them or they're underperforming in certain areas, they can be remedied right quick.

Older Champions, especially ones from the first couple of years of the game need reworks and those take much longer than add a couple of zeros and call it a day.

So what you want in this best case situation is that every new Champion that comes out, is actually performing well that they don't have to focus on tuning it up or down and that way any extra time they have can be used on buffing older champions like the upcoming value updates to both Iron Man Infinity war and America Chavez. And then once we have all the value updates out of the way, then they can start going more ambitious with the reworks.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

BabyMiike said:

BabyMiike said:

S.C Stan's for lyfe.
    SC>Nimrod.
    Ghost, warlock, nimrod to name a few.
  • Options

These are two separate entities you're talking about. The rebalance program is aimed exclusively at new Champions that are being released, so that way if there's a problem with them or they're underperforming in certain areas, they can be remedied right quick.

Older Champions, especially ones from the first couple of years of the game need reworks and those take much longer than add a couple of zeros and call it a day.

So what you want in this best case situation is that every new Champion that comes out, is actually performing well that they don't have to focus on tuning it up or down and that way any extra time they have can be used on buffing older champions like the upcoming value updates to both Iron Man Infinity war and America Chavez. And then once we have all the value updates out of the way, then they can start going more ambitious with the reworks.

That does explain it well but not all champs need new animation
  • Options

BabyMiike said:

BabyMiike said:

S.C Stan's for lyfe.
    SC>Nimrod.
    Ghost, warlock, nimrod to name a few.
    I agree. S.C is better than all of them.
    Your forgot to add "imo" to that
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    It's also redundant. The only thing we're all here to express is our opinions.
  • Options
    BabyMiike said:

That does explain it well but not all champs need new animation
    Reworks don't automatically mean new animations. Ant-Man retained his old animations while getting a new kit.
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    BabyMiike said:

Sorry but you seriously underestimate Doc Ock he is a champ who is highly slept on for years but slowly his use is being recognised.
  • Options

BabyMiike said:

Sorry but you seriously underestimate Doc Ock he is a champ who is highly slept on for years but slowly his use is being recognised.
    Exactly. If your only criteria is up-front damage, A LOT of champs are going to slide in under your radar.
  • Options

BabyMiike said:

Why would I use him?
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

Those old champs don't have anything in their kits. How would you "buff" someone like superior iron man? You can't because there's nothing there, they would need to make a new champion. Someone that already has a solid kit, like America, can be improved fairly easily

Yes old champs who have absolutely nothing in their kits deserve an overhaul *I am looking at you iron patriot*
  • Options

BabyMiike said:

BabyMiike said:

Why would I use him?
    Oh, right. I forgot you only use the newest champs, and you’re too good for champs like Doc Ock and other old champs
    No why would I realistically use when there are way better techs that do more damage and have better utility
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    BabyMiike said:

BabyMiike said:

BabyMiike said:

Why would I use him?
    Oh, right. I forgot you only use the newest champs, and you’re too good for champs like Doc Ock and other old champs
    No why would I realistically use when there are way better techs that do more damage and have better utility
    But then again, if they buffed Doc Ock to be the best tech, you would call for buffing other techs, just like you do now. It's a neverending story.

Some champs will always be "better" than others. Sure, some champs have nothing to offer. Like Rocket Raccoon rn. There is no utility to him. If I compare it to for example Omega Sentinel, Rocket is useless. But Doc Ock is a useful champion. And tbh, if I didn't have a better champion, I wouldn't regret putting him to R4. And that's the case for a solid 50% of champs - they are viable, but not the best of bests. Only one champ is always the best, rest is below. And 99% fights in-game do not require the best champs. They are doable with many "viable" champs without much trouble