Options

I need help understanding this

SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,392 ★★★★★

While my Rintrah’s health was lower, I stayed alive but his Thing had higher health. I’m not sure how this computes to his Victory

Comments

• Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    yea like @Mister_pl0w said the points are there for you to see.
    technically you both didnt complete the match, BUT he did more dmg than you. that more dmg out weights your less dmg and survivability points. so its computing to whoever did more over all to the other opponent.. yea it sucks but its simply shown.
  • Options
    I’m surprised there isn’t a “Sudden Death” multiplier where if both players run out of time, Player with higher health gets 1.2x points or something of the sort
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022
    Siliyo said:

I’m surprised there isn’t a “Sudden Death” multiplier where if both players run out of time, Player with higher health gets 1.2x points or something of the sort

The player with higher health already gets more points in that category because they have higher health. But doing damage to the opponent is and should be worth more than how much health you have left. Yeah, your opponent died, but dealing 30% to an opponent over 2 minutes isn’t really worthy of a win either. The points make sense.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Would you be saying that if you were the one who had lower health?
  • Options

Siliyo said:

Would you be saying that if you were the one who had lower health?
    Not sure what you’re trying to get at. If we’re both at 0% health, the other player would obviously win because they lowered their champion’s health compared to mine
  • Options

Siliyo said:

The player with higher health already gets more points in that category because they have higher health. But doing damage to the opponent is and should be worth more than how much health you have left. Yeah, your opponent died, but dealing 30% to an opponent over 2 minutes isn’t really worthy of a win either. The points make sense.
    Doing damage isn’t the end all be all. Did you forget that when BG’s were first introduced that people who had less health actually benefitted?

When BG’s were first introduced, health mattered more. What you’re implying now is damage matters more. The reality is there should be a balance between the two.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,371 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

Doing damage isn’t the end all be all. Did you forget that when BG’s were first introduced that people who had less health actually benefitted?

When BG’s were first introduced, health mattered more. What you’re implying now is damage matters more. The reality is there should be a balance between the two.
    The scoring system is the scoring system. Both sides know it.
    You should play to score maximum possible points. If you don't, you lose.
  • Options
    Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 527 ★★★
    Honestly I feel like they finally got the scoring system right. I've been on the receiving end like you as well, but it feels fair to me. Only referring to the scoring system in itself and not other aspects that may be exploited.
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    sometimes you only need common sense to understand things
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Op, the exact same scoring system applies to you as well as everyone else. The scoring is not a secret and is literally right there in front of you. Instead of continuing to complain based on being bitter of this one match, I'd recommend using that time to adjust to the scoring system as the rest of us are doing.