**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Candy event horrible? Then it's at least third in a row (for TB anyway)

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
I see a lot of ctiticism on the Candy event. Lots of people have been saying rewards are horrible, so I decided to take a look at them and compare 10/2022 event with 9/2022 and 8/2022.

As a basic premise I counted only things most valuable for TB players - that being R4 mats, 6* shards, 6* sigs, t5cc, t5b&t2a (which we still need for R3, so I think it's fair to include them) and cav crystals. Also for this month I decided to take only THE UNLUCKIEST into account, so every math I made is based on getting candy all 36 days and doing all the objectives&solo events. Here are the results:

10/2022

11k 6* Shards
45 Cav crystals
1.8 T5B
4 T2A
15% T5CC
9k T3A shards
11.4k T6B shards
10 6* sigs (5x +1 and 1x +5 generics)
Note: after these rewards you will be left with 126.5k candy outta 720k. That can get you various rewards bases on your taste, such as 5* AG, gold or 4* shards for ISO)

9/2022
10k 6* Shards
20 Cav crystals
2.009 T5B
2 T2A
16% T5CC
9k T3A shards
11.4k T6B shards
12 6* sigs (2 of each class)

8/2022
11k 6* shards
18 Cav crystals
0.95 T5B
4 T2A
15% T5CC
9k T3A shards
11.4k T6B shards
10 6* sigs (5x +1 and 1x +5 generics)

Conclusion: In the worst case scenario of getting all Candy whole October, TB players get almost the same amount of useful stuff they got in each of the two previous events. There have been some small fluctuations in amounts of the respective goods, but neither of these 3 events can be chosen as "best rewards one". October event has had an unusually high amount of Cav crystals available compared to the two previous ones.

If October event has had terrible rewards (as some claim, which is in no way a bad thing, we all have right to have an opinion), then the previous two events inevitably must have had terrible rewards too.

Final note: I am fully aware that there has also been a fair amount of criticism on the daily duel system and other aspects of the EQ, however in this post I have decided to take only objective facts into account (so actual amount of stuff received), because subjectively I have seen the most complaints about getting just candy.

Comments

• Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    The only problem with the october event was too much RNG. I feel the value in the candy store should’ve been better so it wouldn’t hurt to pull candy in every run.
    You obviously feel bad when someone’s pulls 2-3 AGs which was the highest and also rare value item and you keep pulling candy which doesn’t offer you the best items.
    The annoying part about this month was the effort was same for everyone but the rewards were based on luck which wasn't the case for the previous months SQ.
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    I commend you for the effort and I agree with your take. However the wave of criticism this event has got is purely based on an emotional response to having a sniff to amazing rewards and never reaching them, then plenty of others gloating about getting them multiple times. No amount of logic is going to change that.

I'm completely over RNG after so many years but I understand that others are not.
    I personally liked the event and would've been happy even if I hadn't hit the 10% paths a few times. It added excitement when I was about to stop doing the side quest altogether.
  • Vito ScalettaVito Scaletta Posts: 370 ★★★
    I don’t get my hopes up high for events like this so I’m never disappointed.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Rewards aside - the design of the event caused a lot of frustration, and overall it wasn’t a fun playing experience for many.

Not a good month.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 835 ★★★★
    edited November 2022
    For me there were two problems and the Candy Store was one of them. It seemed a little... ungenerous, stingy even.

With the candy, I would have liked if there had been something spicy to save up for. Maybe 200,000 candy for a 6* 1-2 gem crystal or something for Thronebreaker and above and a 5* 2-3 gem crystal for Cavaliers or something.

The other problem was the incredible difference in value between pulling an AG and not. I know it's RNG, but it still feels a bit unfair for players who put in equivalent effort and skill, only for the RNG chosen to be get the AG instead.

Don't get me wrong, congrats to everyone who did. But there should have been a consolation prize for the candy-afflicted. Maybe something on the candy path, a Sig stone or something.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    This event was totally "Candy Crush " ...candies crushed our hopes
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Mechanics of the event failed to recognize the psychology involved: no one wants to “fail” every day (or, to be more precise, ~90% of everyday).

While I will readily admit that the initial runs for Candy held solid rewards from the Candy Store, the attractiveness of the Candy items begins to decline quickly after that first week-plus for veteran players. I’m sitting on Candy mostly deciding between 5* sigs and T1a at this stage.

Overall, as @Kerneas points out, the haul isn’t out of line with previous months. The path to that haul, however, is what I believe creates the negative sets of responses.

Dr. Zola

Absolutely this right here. It also fails to account for the fact that the “big prizes” may have greatly diminished value based on resource availability. I got gold twice and t5b twice. I have 70 million gold. I’d rather have the candy even if it only gets me 5-star shards now. The t5b can be bought with a single set of 48-hour BG rewards, essentially. All of this means that I got everything I usually get in the first two weeks, nothing important in the last 3 weeks, and it’ll be about 20ish failures to secure an AG without any meaningful reward coming my way for those failures.
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    So far with only 4 or 5 more runs to go I've gotten ALL candy. It would've been nice if they would've given at least 2 path selectors this time and maybe make the 6* AG path cost 2 selectors and the other paths 1 if they wanted to split them up.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

DrZola said:

Mechanics of the event failed to recognize the psychology involved: no one wants to “fail” every day (or, to be more precise, ~90% of everyday).

While I will readily admit that the initial runs for Candy held solid rewards from the Candy Store, the attractiveness of the Candy items begins to decline quickly after that first week-plus for veteran players. I’m sitting on Candy mostly deciding between 5* sigs and T1a at this stage.

Overall, as @Kerneas points out, the haul isn’t out of line with previous months. The path to that haul, however, is what I believe creates the negative sets of responses.

Dr. Zola

Absolutely this right here. It also fails to account for the fact that the “big prizes” may have greatly diminished value based on resource availability. I got gold twice and t5b twice. I have 70 million gold. I’d rather have the candy even if it only gets me 5-star shards now. The t5b can be bought with a single set of 48-hour BG rewards, essentially. All of this means that I got everything I usually get in the first two weeks, nothing important in the last 3 weeks, and it’ll be about 20ish failures to secure an AG without any meaningful reward coming my way for those failures.
    Similar for me: 2M gold twice for someone with over 50M gold has little value (unless gold offers come back, and still…). 6* sig stones were ok, but the value on a 2% “jackpot” is actually worth less than buying the Candy Store 6* sigs.

The 2% paths should have been selectors. And everyone should have been guaranteed at least one non-Candy path. Although I find it hard to believe, there appear to be credible claims of all-Candy SQ runs.

Dr. Zola