**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

First Rank 4, hardest choice I’ve had to make in game

Cx8Cx8 Posts: 77
edited November 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I seriously could go so many ways. And I do have 5* rank 5 doom, apoc, cap iw, and aegon but idk if that plays too much into a rank 4 decision

Comments

• WhoDaPooWhoDaPoo Posts: 311 ★★★
    One way to think of it:
    Remember a rank 3 is already stronger than a 5*r5. That same r5 you like, as a 6* r4 is like your favorite champ with a permanent 20-30% attack/health/etc. boost on. It makes them that much more fun to play.

But you're not alone. I was so excited to be able to rank my first r4. Then I got the materials and debated for almost 3 weeks until I pulled the trigger. It could have been Doom, or Herc, or Ghost... but I went with sig140 Omega Red... and oh boy did it bring back a lot of joy in the game. Finally a champ I've loved for years was my go to champ again.

My alliance gave the advice that you rank 4 for logic/use, or for heart. Sometimes those overlap. Sometimes they don't. Remember you're aiming for three rank 4s, so you could go with the heart first, and then tier list style logic on number 2. Or vice versa. But no matter how you go, you'll probably really enjoy the outcome - it's a win win with the choices you have :)
  • ValrozValroz Posts: 182 ★★
    My first R4 6* was Omega Sentinel (20 sig). Other choices were Knull (100 sig), Kitty (unawakened), Black Widow Claire Voyant (20 sig) and Stark Spidey (unawakened). Undoubtedly all were R4 worthy even unawakened Kitty) but across the board, Omega Sentinel outgunned everyone else in utility and function. I don't think I would have regretted it if I R4'd any of the other choices I had but OS just clears so much content especially when I'm up against poison and bleed node or champ.

Go with what makes sense for where you're at in the quests. Which of your top champs do you believe will allow you to clear content more easily, more efficiently, and use fewer items? Just like what WhoDaPoo said, he/she must also be a champ you enjoy playing no matter how god tier a champ is. I have a 6* Shang Chi that's accumulating dust and I haven't even R2d yet only because I just don't enjoy his ramp-up style. He could have been my first R4 but I didn't find him fun to play.

• shut_up_heathershut_up_heather Posts: 285 ★★
    As people have said, it's really up to you. That's an amazing roster with lots of good choices but ultimately it is up to you.
    I'd probably do Ghost or Domino, but again my experiences are different than yours. If you find that Ghost sucks for you, of course don't r4 her.
  • LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    R3 champs can handle anything ingame currently. Pick a R4 that’s fun or would get more use if only their damage and it health were good. That way your fun R4 will be near damage level as your good R3’s
  • Cx8Cx8 Posts: 77
    Thanks for the reply’s y’all 👌🏼 ya’ll are right, so I ended up doing it for one I love which is ghost! I really almost went with doom or apoc but I also didn’t have the necessary iso for them as I’ve been lacking
  • shut_up_heathershut_up_heather Posts: 285 ★★
    Llessur said:

R3 champs can handle anything ingame currently. Pick a R4 that’s fun or would get more use if only their damage and it health were good. That way your fun R4 will be near damage level as your good R3’s

I didn't know that (my highest champs are r3 5*s), but maybe that might not be sustainable. If Kabam keeps going with 8.2 etc, the need for good r4 champs may be greater in the future.