**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Despair mastery not working in BGs???

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
I have max despair and used Howard the duck against Ebony Maw and had 20 armor breaks on him + a few more from his L2 and he was regenerating like there was nothing on him!

Any reason for that???

Comments

• Options
    Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    Strategic said:

I have max despair and used Howard the duck against Ebony Maw and had 20 armor breaks on him + a few more from his L2 and he was regenerating like there was nothing on him!

Any reason for that???

I’ve noticed the same thing, I used CGR against mister sinister last season during “crit me with you best shot”. 11+ armor breaks should’ve stopped his regen.
  • Options
    StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Pseudo_19 said:

Strategic said:

Any reason for that???

I’ve noticed the same thing, I used CGR against mister sinister last season during “crit me with you best shot”. 11+ armor breaks should’ve stopped his regen.
    Exactly! So why isn't anyone doing anything?
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited November 2022
    Just want to confirm two things. Your BG deck can have a different mastery setup than your actual current mastery setup. Secondly, Despair can only reduce Regeneration Rate by a maximum of 100% so the Recovery Mastery and any other abilities that increase regen rate would allow a champ to still heal a bit even with sufficient debuffs on them.
  • Options
    Vergeman78Vergeman78 Posts: 132 ★★
    K00shMaan said:

Just want to confirm two things. Your BG deck can have a different mastery setup than your actual current mastery setup. Secondly, Despair can only reduce Regeneration Rate by a maximum of 100% so the Recovery Mastery and any other abilities that increase regen rate would allow a champ to still heal a bit even with sufficient debuffs on them.

Where does it say you can’t lower it below 100%? Just says -15% per debuff
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    This was a big debate a long time ago.
    The Mods eventually clarified and said that Despair cannot go past 100%.
    They don't want any reverse healing effects from that mastery.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited December 2022

K00shMaan said:

I actually tried looking this up in game and was having difficulty finding it but I am 100% sure that it can only do this. You'll hear a lot of Content Creators talk about getting 7 Debuffs on a champ to to block healing. It is definitely the case. It's totally fine that it doesn't reverse healing as it never was intended to but I do think that if a champion has increased regen rate that you should still be able to block it by having whatever number of extra debuffs. However, it has never worked that way.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★

K00shMaan said:

Despair is only to reduce healing, not reverse healing. That can only happen with petrify debuff. Take capiw for example, with max despair, you can stop healing if you stack enough debuffs. If you have a tech in the team and get the petrify debuff, with over 3 debuffs, you can start reverse healing.