Sound Designers

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited December 2022 in General Discussion
Just want to drop a note of thanks to all of Kabam’s MCOC sound designers. The game is visually stunning and many of us probably take the sound for granted (which is some ways is OK and probably want the sound designers strive for) — but you have to give the team credit for how well engineered the sounds of the game are.

Think they’re not important? Try playing with the sound off. There are lots of aural clues to help you play better by providing timing cues, etc. But the real joy is just listening to how rich the game sounds are. It probably isn’t easy to come up with such a variety of sounds considering how many champions and scenarios there are in the game.

Sure it would be nice to have more variety in some of the character grunts and groans so not all of them sound alike (there are some exceptions obviously) but most of that repetition is probably for performance as sound resources can be memory intensive.

Anyway, a tip of the hat to the sound designers and engineers at Kabam for making gameplay more enjoyable! Thank you!

Comments

• Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Member Posts: 273 ★★★
    Who doesn't love the sound of Howard the Duck?
  • Wolviedrone97Wolviedrone97 Member Posts: 187
    mata2021 said:

Just want to drop a note of thanks to all of Kabam’s MCOC sound designers. The game is visually stunning and many of us probably take the sound for granted (which is some ways is OK and probably want the sound designers strive for) — but you have to give the team credit for how well engineered the sounds of the game are.

Think they’re not important? Try playing with the sound off. There are lots of aural clues to help you play better by providing timing cues, etc. But the real joy is just listening to how rich the game sounds are. It probably isn’t easy to come up with such a variety of sounds considering how many champions and scenarios there are in the game.

Sure it would be nice to have more variety in some of the character grunts and groans so not all of them sound alike (there are some exceptions obviously) but most of that repetition is probably for performance as sound resources can be memory intensive.

Anyway, a tip of the hat to the sound designers and engineers at Kabam for making gameplay more enjoyable! Thank you!

Yeah try counting on the sound/ video being in sync and then for some crazy reason it isn't lol. I am totally and completely in awe of the design team including sound and vfx but why do I keep getting wrecked when they don't sync??
  • Yeah try counting on the sound/ video being in sync and then for some crazy reason it isn't lol. I am totally and completely in awe of the design team including sound and vfx but why do I keep getting wrecked when they don't sync??
    Could be the sound lag affected your gameplay simply b/c of how important those audible cues are — or it could be some lag in response both visually and audibly that coincides with a lag in input response from an action you have performed.