Cav EQ (spiking the deck)

NastyPhishNastyPhish Member Posts: 583 ★★★
Why are there always champs, Almost one per lane, That you cannot possibly fulfill the Cav Eq nodes for?

Example:
Nebula on a shock lane.
Colossus on a bleed lane.
etc.

It’s getting pretty old.

I’m not asking that you make everything easy. But I am saying what’s currently happening isn’t great design. Not fun to play.

Comments

• NastyPhishNastyPhish Member Posts: 583 ★★★
    I would think that it’s just ineptitude also but they can intentionally make it hard.

Like putting Buffet Namor as the boss for the cosmic chapter. This also proves this design is purposeful. Because every single month. Every single chapter. The boss doesn’t match the nodes. NEVER matches the nodes. Forcing you to bring a team for the lane and a team for the boss. And forcing you to back out or revive to get it down.

I’m not an idiot.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Member Posts: 4,613 ★★★★★
    Bishop is always on mystic quest map like literally every month that is no occasional lol
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★

I would think that it’s just ineptitude also but they can intentionally make it hard.

Like putting Buffet Namor as the boss for the cosmic chapter. This also proves this design is purposeful. Because every single month. Every single chapter. The boss doesn’t match the nodes. NEVER matches the nodes. Forcing you to bring a team for the lane and a team for the boss. And forcing you to back out or revive to get it down.

I’m not an idiot.

Just because you don't like bringing lane clearers and 1 or 2 dedicated boss killers in your team doesn't mean it is bad game design. This is a game where planning before doing a quest goes a long way. Why do you think they added a preview button on the team selection page?

I’m not an idiot.

Just because you don't like bringing lane clearers and 1 or 2 dedicated boss killers in your team doesn't mean it is bad game design. This is a game where planning before doing a quest goes a long way. Why do you think they added a preview button on the team selection page?
    That’s literally the definition of bad design. It’s purposefully designed in a way to falsely increase the difficulty. By dividing your roster.
  • IamGrO_otIamGrO_ot Member Posts: 172 ★★
    edited December 2022
    We are talking about simple paths, where even a mediocre TB like me clears Cav EQ 100% every month without any problems.

One tricky fight per path shouldn’t be a big problem. Bring 2-3 champs for the path, 1 for the boss, and 1 for the "difficult" champ.

You don’t have to use a tech champ, even though they have a great advantage in the tech chapter. Plenty of options for Nebula in the cosmic class, and Mags is pretty good to. Yondu loves Colossus, no armour ups for you 😉

Bishop is always on mystic quest map like literally every month that is no occasional lol

Which mystic is good for bishop again? Is there one?
    IamGrO_ot said:

We are talking about simple paths, where even a mediocre TB like me clears Cav EQ 100% every month without any problems.

One tricky fight per path shouldn’t be a big problem. Bring 2-3 champs for the path, 1 for the boss, and 1 for the "difficult" champ.

You don’t have to use a skill champ, even though they have a great advantage in the skill chapter.

I understand that. That’s how I got around these fights. I always 100% cav eq. Usually itemless. But I think these shenanigans are ridiculous.

Just because it’s been this way. Doesn’t mean it needs to stay. Or that the way it is, is good.

I’m not an idiot.

That’s literally the definition of bad design. It’s purposefully designed in a way to falsely increase the difficulty. By dividing your roster.
    90% of the quests in this game work like that: bring a couple of lane clearers and then someone to take on the boss. It has been like that for ages. How is it a difficulty spike if the quest isn't even difficult to begin with? There are so many cosmics that can take advantage of the nodes and steamroll through the entire quest by themselves, that I can't see why you would need an entire team of them just to clear a lane.

Maybe it would be a problem if it was something like act 6 where every fight is very specific, but even now there are choice nodes before the boss so that you can swap out someone for a boss killer.
  • BaDMiTTeNsBaDMiTTeNs Member Posts: 8
    I’m having issues with champs not working properly in EQ. Scarlet witch not nullifying, Doom not applying shocks, and champs bypassing his passive stun …
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Member Posts: 491 ★★★

Which mystic is good for bishop again? Is there one?
    Voodoo, Magik, Tigra and maybe mephisto?
    avs7733 said:

I don’t think anybody is complaining about the difficulty of nebula or colossus. But putting those champs on those nodes is just awful design.

I agree with OP on that. When I saw that Nebula in this month's Cav EQ I was annoyed cause it was gonna take a lot longer to beat than the rest of the defenders on the path. Cav EQ has always been about giving the player a little boost to get through it faster. Putting a defender on the path that invalidates that is bad game design.

What I don't agree with OP on is their whole rant on bosses having nodes that go against the class nodes in the quest. There are 5 team slots and you need at most 3 champions to get to the boss. That means you have at least 2 spots you can dedicate to counter the boss. The game has always made players put thought into their team composition and that is not bad design.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    I found the Antman on the side quest more annoying than anything in the EQ. Not that it was hard, just tedious. EQ is also tedious, but only because there are more fights and paths you have to run. I don't remember any particular fight in the EQ being hard. We need a new difficulty.
  • avs7733avs7733 Member Posts: 53

avs7733 said:

I don’t think anybody is complaining about the difficulty of nebula or colossus. But putting those champs on those nodes is just awful design.

I agree with OP on that. When I saw that Nebula in this month's Cav EQ I was annoyed cause it was gonna take a lot longer to beat than the rest of the defenders on the path. Cav EQ has always been about giving the player a little boost to get through it faster. Putting a defender on the path that invalidates that is bad game design.

What I don't agree with OP on is their whole rant on bosses having nodes that go against the class nodes in the quest. There are 5 team slots and you need at most 3 champions to get to the boss. That means you have at least 2 spots you can dedicate to counter the boss. The game has always made players put thought into their team composition and that is not bad design.

Agree 100% on that last part. Most times you could probably even get away with 3 champs for the boss. If you’re bringing in 5 champs just for the path, that’s just bad planning and team composition.