**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds matchmaking

I know there have probably been dozens of posts about this, but it’s gotten to the point where I got to ask. I’m at thronebreaker, and my BG roster consists of 2 r4 6*’s, 10 r3 6*’s, and 18 5* r5’s. Not exactly the best, but when I get matchups that are around my level the fights feel more competitive. But it seems now over half of my fights are against paragon players, which while that does mean there could be some that are only at 3 r4’s and around the same number of r3’s, that could also mean my opponent could have as many r4’s as I have r3’s.

For one specific case, I want to ask how I, a 12,689 prestige player, got matched against a 15,905 prestige player? And to make my day even worse, the dude didn’t even bother selecting his bans nor first 5 champs, and still smoked me. Battlegrounds is now arguably the best game mode in the game as it has the widest variety of available rewards in terms of shards, catalysts, sig stones, and relic stuff, but going through an experience that can only be compared to trying to do arena during the input bug phase just ruins the experience. What I wish y’all could do is a sort of cpu option where you could select a difficulty of opponent teams and based on that you would have to go against a cpu with it’s specific nodes and at a certain pi boost. Still have the ban and selection mechanic. Unfortunately there are a few bumps with this as there’s the problem of determining how the cpu fight goes down, so maybe not.

Different Idea 2 (smaller solution): I just think that quitting before the first round should be penalized less. If I don’t want to fight someone that’s 3k prestige higher than me because there’s no shot I win, I can leave for a small penalty but not losing progress (maybe pay a certain amount of Elder’s Marks?). Also, quitting would still not count as a round as it is now. That way people are still penalized for backing out, but it isn’t where everyone can just spam quit. Not sure if this could be included in gladiators circuit, might have that where you just lose less points.

Comments

• Options
    BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
    2 weeks ago I was facing massively overpowered matches.
    I'm uncollected with one R2 6*, the rest are 5*.
    I was facing decks full of R3 6*.
    This last week has actually been ok. I'm now facing u/c or cavalier opponents and I'm progressing really well.
    Whether that's down to matchmaking being better, or top rosters moving up the tiers I don't know.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    If you can't beat them you don't deserve to move up.
  • Options
    DeadmaddyDeadmaddy Posts: 123

If you can't beat them you don't deserve to move up.

I don't want to. I am just trying to do 48 hour milestones.