**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

BG Node Choices

2»

Comments

• JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,204 ★★★★
    NearJr said:

Root node takes timing, skill and strategy to go around. Like many other nodes, you need to look at the timer and plan ahead. Root timer is at half? Start planning your offense. Defender has no power? Look for an opening, slow your combo down and throw your special. You messed up and timer is about to go off? Make sure you have power to throw your special. You dont have enough power? Back down and turtle up, be ready to dex, parry or light intercept. The AI goes super agressive when you're rooted, practice your light intercepts.

All this is way easier said than done, I know, but like i mentioned before, GC is supposed to be hard, the difficulty in nodes separates the pros from the not so pros, the amazingly skilled versus the very good.

Go watch some of the YouTubers, there's a clear gap between the ones at the top and others we always thought of as amazing. I'm not throwing shade at anyone, but go watch KT, Lags and Beroman, those 3 guys stand out from the rest. Lags is the one that has been amazing to watch. We all knew he was a great player, but watch his game sense while drafting, the counters he picks and the way he plays and you will realize he's miles ahead of the rest of us. And there are many other players at the top that dont stream their matches.

Pro athletes, the ones that are generational talents, the Lebrons, the Bradys, the Currys are light years away from the rest of the pack. BGs should be no different.

If it was easy, everyone would do it.

I like when games are difficult, they test me and they challenge me. I'm a very competitive person and tackling the harder nodes pushes my limits and it makes me a better player.

Strive to be better people, don't resort to whining when things get rough. Life is rough and yet we endure, we push and we triumph.

Be better.

Looks like you dont even play the game fam, and I think you dont watch Lags either but still mention him, the problem are not really the nodes, the nodes require being more skilled than the player you play vs, but the problem here aint the nodes or how you play, the problem is how the AI acts and how good or how bad the input issues will afect that match, when you have this kind of issues that are such a BIG problems that afect A LOT to the game, you cant go and put nodes that make both input and AI such an important factor to win the match, and obviously if you are good at the game you will reach to the top, but it makes it very very annoying, and you would know this if you really watched some of the content creators that play this game, they have the same senseless AI that everybody has, and they complain the same because its completely senseless to have a passive AI that wont dash back and block, or wont use specials, or wont dash forward to intercept, or even will intercept you all the time cause it will hold block and switch to stand by 5 times in a second and he will stop to intercept you, thats something that will not change either you are good or bad at the game.

So the problem here is that in the current state of the game, its more likely that you will win or lose fights because you have better or worse AI or input issues than the other player.

And about the comparison, if MCOC was Golf, the problem would be that the ball is damaged and defective.

And im not even complaining, I played a bunch of games at GC and noticed that it aint funny at all even winning, you depend too much on the AI and on the input issues with those nodes.

And I say this not even caring bout the rewards, for me its the same to get 10k trophies or 70k, I have all the time to get there, and I know im good enough to get them, but not gonna waste more time that needed because of the issues instead of my skills, as easy as that
  • AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    edited December 2022

Cannot give any constructive criticism without "it happens for everyone and the game mode is for the best of the best so its fair".

Imagine act 9 has aspect of nightmares and healblock on every node. Well, I suppose since everyone is dealing with it and its for the best of the best, it's good.

The difference being that story content is for everyone and aside from the occasional difficult lane, it isn't really that hard. Whereas BGs is a game mode where everyone is competing to be at the top spot.
    Let's not act like skill is the primary deciding factor for those chasing the top spots. It largely boils down to roster. BGs are not a game mode for the most skilled but for the biggest whales. So why make it a trash game mode for the rest of us?

You can have the easiest nodes possible and the top 10 players will STILL be 10 players with insanely good rosters.

It's got NOTHING to do with BGs being harder than story content.
  • NearJrNearJr Posts: 147 ★★
    Jefechuta said:

NearJr said:

Root node takes timing, skill and strategy to go around. Like many other nodes, you need to look at the timer and plan ahead. Root timer is at half? Start planning your offense. Defender has no power? Look for an opening, slow your combo down and throw your special. You messed up and timer is about to go off? Make sure you have power to throw your special. You dont have enough power? Back down and turtle up, be ready to dex, parry or light intercept. The AI goes super agressive when you're rooted, practice your light intercepts.

All this is way easier said than done, I know, but like i mentioned before, GC is supposed to be hard, the difficulty in nodes separates the pros from the not so pros, the amazingly skilled versus the very good.

Go watch some of the YouTubers, there's a clear gap between the ones at the top and others we always thought of as amazing. I'm not throwing shade at anyone, but go watch KT, Lags and Beroman, those 3 guys stand out from the rest. Lags is the one that has been amazing to watch. We all knew he was a great player, but watch his game sense while drafting, the counters he picks and the way he plays and you will realize he's miles ahead of the rest of us. And there are many other players at the top that dont stream their matches.

Pro athletes, the ones that are generational talents, the Lebrons, the Bradys, the Currys are light years away from the rest of the pack. BGs should be no different.

If it was easy, everyone would do it.

I like when games are difficult, they test me and they challenge me. I'm a very competitive person and tackling the harder nodes pushes my limits and it makes me a better player.

Strive to be better people, don't resort to whining when things get rough. Life is rough and yet we endure, we push and we triumph.

Be better.

Looks like you dont even play the game fam, and I think you dont watch Lags either but still mention him, the problem are not really the nodes, the nodes require being more skilled than the player you play vs, but the problem here aint the nodes or how you play, the problem is how the AI acts and how good or how bad the input issues will afect that match, when you have this kind of issues that are such a BIG problems that afect A LOT to the game, you cant go and put nodes that make both input and AI such an important factor to win the match, and obviously if you are good at the game you will reach to the top, but it makes it very very annoying, and you would know this if you really watched some of the content creators that play this game, they have the same senseless AI that everybody has, and they complain the same because its completely senseless to have a passive AI that wont dash back and block, or wont use specials, or wont dash forward to intercept, or even will intercept you all the time cause it will hold block and switch to stand by 5 times in a second and he will stop to intercept you, thats something that will not change either you are good or bad at the game.

So the problem here is that in the current state of the game, its more likely that you will win or lose fights because you have better or worse AI or input issues than the other player.

And about the comparison, if MCOC was Golf, the problem would be that the ball is damaged and defective.

And im not even complaining, I played a bunch of games at GC and noticed that it aint funny at all even winning, you depend too much on the AI and on the input issues with those nodes.

And I say this not even caring bout the rewards, for me its the same to get 10k trophies or 70k, I have all the time to get there, and I know im good enough to get them, but not gonna waste more time that needed because of the issues instead of my skills, as easy as that
    Just another dumbdumb claiming input issues and passive AI, nothing to see here, move along. Next post will be about compensation, calling it.