Options

So. Moon Knight. Let’s get into it, shall we? 😎

ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
edited December 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Hi, folks! Hope all is well!

So. Know how pretty much everyone has a mainstream character that they love, like a Spider-Man or Captain America? And then there’s almost always a relatively lesser known character that they also simply stick with through thick and thin, like a Nova or a Beta Ray Bill?

You know how it is when you start listening to people talk about the lesser known characters — they know what the character was actually intended to do, by its original creators. They’ve seen all of the good and bad things that have been added over the years. They have seen the retcons and reboots and patiently wait for a set of good stories to offset all of the bad appearances and continuity breaks.

Well, my minor character is…OK. You’re in this thread. It’s Marc Spector. Moon Knight. The Fist of Khonshu.

Let me tell you, folks: Being a fan of this character has been A LONG RIDE. Some good — really good — stuff. Sadly…yeah. Some stretches have been…difficult.

So, now you’re probably thinking, “Here it comes. Here is where ESF tells you how bad Moon Knight is, in MCoC.”

Well, actually…it’s more complicated than that. Because honestly, I think whoever designed this kit way back in 2015 (!!!!! My gosh. So long ago) might have actually been a decent fan of the character and did a good job, with the mechanics available in the game at that time.

For example:

1. Did you know that Moon Knight has one of the largest health pools in the entire game? Some of the only characters to have higher base health are notoriously chunky characters Sasquatch and Man-Thing, as well as Void. Moon Knight has more base health than the Hulks and the Super-Soldiers, and even notoriously durable mutants like Sabretooth and Beast.

That’s important because that is a design choice. In 2015, someone said “This character is not a ‘regular person or mutant or science-evolved’ character. This character is mystically-enhanced, even though he’s in the Skill class.”

2. That’s also why, I believe, the character was one of relatively few who could reliably proc Fury, as of 2015 — they were simulating Spector’s “super-strength.” Again, another design choice.

3. Then, the Signature Ability. Honestly, I know some in the past didn’t particularly care for it. But honestly…I always kinda loved it. Because it actually fits with the character’s best, most fundamental lore.

So. What’s the point of this freaking long post?

Well…as we head to 2023, and as a fan of Marc Spector: Moon Knight, I have patiently waited as this game has added more and more mechanics to make this bold proclamation:

Kabam has already introduced every single mechanic to make the PERFECT Moon Knight build.

AND HERE. WE. GO:

1. Immunity to reversed controls due to Khonshu-reordered consciousness.
2. Immunity to ability accuracy reduction, fate seal, stagger and nullification due to mystic imbuements.
3. Passive 7.5 percent Fury against tagged heroes, 12 percent Fury against tagged villains, and 15 percent Fury against tagged Mystics/Dimensional beings — because he’s the Fist of Khonshu, not a hero or villain. Spector isn’t “Magic Batman.” He actually serves a very specific purpose: Protector and avenger of the defenseless and night travelers, and punisher of users of evil magicks. Moon Knight fights anyone and everyone, depending on what THEY’RE doing, not because he’s a good guy or bad guy.
4. Resurrection/Immortality, via pact with Khonshu.

And…well, that’s kinda it, at the base. Would love to see the SP2 proc a long dual Cruelty/Precision for his mastery of all weapons and fighting techniques, but yeah.

Some of you might be like, “That’s it? None of those things are OP. None of those things make Moon Knight an elite character.”

But that is the thing: If you add those four things, plus some Cruelty/Precision, to Moon Knight’s existing kit, you actually would have the most accurate version of Moon Knight that his lore has described.

I know: It probably won’t happen this way, if it were to happen at all. But as one of the biggest Moon Knight fans around, and knowing that someone, somewhere, tried their best to give us that in 2015…I can always dream.

Thanks for reading!
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Options
    JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 397 ★★★
    Wow. This post is mind blowing.

I’m completely behind you on this! I’ve loved Moon Knight since he came out in 2015, he was my most wanted three star way back when.

Super in depth, and well said.

Jinx
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    I usually dont read long posts, but ive found your 4 suggestions pretty interesting, specially the first one.

I also dont understand why MK isnt a mytic champ, he is on Marvel Strikeforce
  • Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 677 ★★★★
    I like this idea, maybe his resurrection could be something like Nick Fury where he gets some health back and a small boost in attack (put that under his sig ability and/or have it change based on the phase of the moon) but instead of it being Like Nick once per quest it could be once per fight but toned down a bit to balance it. (Like a combo of Nick and Herc if that makes sense)
  • Options
    Jinxesaxe said:

Wow. This post is mind blowing.

I’m completely behind you on this! I’ve loved Moon Knight since he came out in 2015, he was my most wanted three star way back when.

Super in depth, and well said.

Jinx

Thank you!

If you look at my profile, you will see my highest PvP win streak is 180.

That, my friend, was me making darn sure I got that 3-star Moon Knight, in the Arena. Which I did!
  • Options
    SuelGames said:

I usually dont read long posts, but ive found your 4 suggestions pretty interesting, specially the first one.

I also dont understand why MK isnt a mytic champ, he is on Marvel Strikeforce

He REALLY should be in the Mystic class.
  • Options

I like this idea, maybe his resurrection could be something like Nick Fury where he gets some health back and a small boost in attack (put that under his sig ability and/or have it change based on the phase of the moon) but instead of it being Like Nick once per quest it could be once per fight but toned down a bit to balance it. (Like a combo of Nick and Herc if that makes sense)

Absolutely — it doesn’t have to be a ton. It could even work like Phoenix’s, you know? Maybe a maximum of 12-15 percent health returned.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,812 ★★★★★
    as the proud owner of a rank 3 moon knight this would be a nice buff

wonderful stuff
  • Options

as the proud owner of a rank 3 moon knight this would be a nice buff

wonderful stuff

Spidey, as always: You are my people. That is AWESOME
  • Options
    Viking_St3v3Viking_St3v3 Posts: 147 ★★
    I am down with this. Make it happen Kabam. I have a duped 6* MK that I would love use as the character is bloody cool.

Also fix Iron Fist while you are it please. Keep his armor break stacking, give him an evade, and purify, have him gain the power of the iron fist once he stacks enough armor breaks (or have him like Medusa when he has enough of them he gains armor shattered which can give him the power of the fist). Sorry, for the thread hi-jack. My bad. But I tend to talk about MK and IF together as needing re-works as they both need it so bad.