**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Overlapping event issues in-game

I have an question/complaint/rant
Maybe Kabam Porthos can answer/address this to make it make sense....

Is MCOC purposely overlapping TEAM events, so give you very little space, or 0 room at all to make any changes in an alliance?

For instance... last AW season and BG season. When it ended, we had to wait for rewards. But the banquet event started, and it has it's rules/restrictions. You have to be in an alliance for X amount of time. So it gives you no time at all to make any changes in your alliance team or for players to switch alliance for whatever reason.

Fast forward to present day.... waiting for banquet rewards, but AQ started, and AW started out of nowhere. So if someone switches alliances, you have to sacrifice rewards somehow or inconvenience your team.

This is a troubling issue.

My Suggestion/solution?: fix the scheduling. I'm okay with waiting for rewards. Just give us AT LEAST a day to make changes in between TEAM events.

Ie: in sports, we have a free agency period.

Comments

• Options
    Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    The ones disagreeing do not realize the mayhem that will ensue. As soon as those banquet rewards drop you will have people switching alliances. Looking to step back maybe just drop to a lower alliance. At this point and time people are not putting it out there they are looking to make a change in fear they will be kicked and not get banquet rewards. It will be a mad rush of trying to fill spots on the middle of a season or even aq depending when they drop. Aq not too bad because you can drop to map 5. It’s the aw in season for officers and people who do recruiting, defenses,and attackers who will have it bad.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    A lot of people are not alliance jumpers too...
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    I'm just baffled at how often people apparently change alliances. I know it happens, but still.

Some points to contrast yours OP:
    - If summoners join an alliance and plan to leave soon or after a very specific event, they should be upfront about that. If they are afraid of getting unfairly kicked, why would they join that alliance or specifically do so in a way that would be sketchy and disingenuous.
    - Kabam often does allow this, but to fit in a large amount of events around the same time (eg more rewards and fun) then it makes sense that some time periods would overlap. It's not a common problem.
    - The "mad rush" you predict seems unnecessary. If people plan to leave an alliance, they should have an idea of where they want to go and be able to alert the new alliance accordingly. They would still be able to get all of the banquet rewards and participate in enough of the war season to get full rewards at any new alliance.

This really only seems like "meyhem" for summoners who don't plan ahead, don't exhibit the minimum characteristics of sportsmanship or teamwork, or those alliances who have such summoners in them. If people could simply communicate beforehand, this would not be much of a problem. Or, just stay a part of one alliance, build comeraderie, and enjoy life there with less stress.
  • Options
    Blue_MarvelBlue_Marvel Posts: 236
    See... the lack of imagination is interesting. For someone to "leave" an alliance is to assume everyone still has 100% interest to continue playing the game.

There's 1,000s of variables. No matter the reason..... the fact is... a member wants to leave, switch alliance, step down, something came up where they can not dedicate the time to the game anymore, maybe the alliance grew, and outgrew a player etc.

One member of my alliance got promoted to detective. He no longer has the time to invest in the game.

Is he forced to stick around just to wait for banquet rewards? It's not like he's leaving the game entirely, just can't keep up with map 7 anymore. Is he forced to finish AQ? Does he finish AW?
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,928 ★★★★★
    You assume everyone plays every game mode.