**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New BG meta... lets discuss

2»

Comments

• Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    DannyB01 said:

I’m looking forward to people being surprised by Dragon Man’s passive damage when armour broken.

That's why he's on my deck lol. Plus he's got some defensive capabilities in his kit anyways
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Watching KT1's stream, this looks awful. Especially w/ the garbage matchmaking.
  • Options
    artfvlartfvl Posts: 75
    valkyrie would also be good no? since you’re not hitting into the opponent, only their block
  • Options
    Ceti_EelCeti_Eel Posts: 63
    For those who are slow, me: who are ideal champs for attack and defense then?
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    I won two rounds in 10 fights with only defeats, the limit is too hard .. drain of power ok but lose life it's too much 😂 unfortunately would say the 4th week in the gladiator circuit
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★
    Colossus is easily dealt with by Claire
    Nimrod is such a fun fight with VP. Easy 100% hp finish
  • Options
    RealWizardRealWizard Posts: 91
    I think this meta leans in on defenders. You want to screw over your opponent, because most fights aren’t going to be doable
  • Options
    Sean_1486Sean_1486 Posts: 148
    I can’t play battlegrounds. I try. I’m only cav and i don’t know enough about every single champ in the game so the buffs on the defenders make it virtually impossible for me to win a fight. I wish there were different levels son I can at least compete for something. I feel like every new game update at this point is geared toward only paragon players. Its frustrating.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,110 ★★★★

I think this meta leans in on defenders. You want to screw over your opponent, because most fights aren’t going to be doable

This is true. Some nasty defenders are still nasty. Overseer, Nick, domino, thing, sassy and bishop are great on defence. Penny is a pain still without a counter. Colossus is now immense in defence.

But, none of them can be used in attack, which makes deck selection and draft selection really interesting.

Same with attackers; hood, bwcv, Diablo, doom, some of the great attackers from the last few are still good now. But torch can still muster with a lot of parry against mystics (but you'll be at 50% health at the end!) And the new kids, galan, duped knull and hulkling are great.

But you can also dust off your Medusa. Rank up venompool. Put corvus back in your deck. Ever thought about ranking up vulture, cull, or Howard? Duped og Thor?

One interesting development, is there aren't many great on both attack and defence. As long as you've enough mystics and you auto ban galan and thing, I'm not sure there are many serious road blocks.

It's an interesting meta!!
  • Options
    KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 282 ★★★
    It totally sucks and most of my alliance mates are also pretty pissed. I actually missed Battlegrounds until today. This meta is highly reliant on having the right champs and it’s a very dumb design.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    This node sucks, it blows i get damage even with long range non contact atacks, i had to completely redo my deck and swap my 6* for 5*