Carina's challengers help: 5 star duped falcon or 6 star unduped

IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,274 ★★★★
edited January 2023 in Strategy and Tips
Hey all, I'm going to do carinas challangers soon on abyss path 3-5 split. I have a 5r5 max sig falcon and and unduped 6 star. Which one should I bring?

Also my team would be r4 warlock, r3 chang-chi, r3 longshot, 5r5 void and a faclon. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,274 ★★★★
    Bump
    Bump
  • JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Member Posts: 441 ★★★
    I’d say a six star r3 would be better, simply because you have more hit charges.

Hope this helps. Have a good time with the challenge!

Jinx
    Jinxesaxe said:

I’d say a six star r3 would be better, simply because you have more hit charges.

Jinx

What do you mean more hit charges? Aren't the hit charges the same for 5 stars and 6 stars?
    I believe there are less hit charges for 5 stars than there are for six stars. Much like the advantages six stars get in act 7 and act 8 for just having the extra star rating.

Jinx
    Jinxesaxe said:

I believe there are less hit charges for 5 stars than there are for six stars. Much like the advantages six stars get in act 7 and act 8 for just having the extra star rating.

Jinx

Damn I didnt know that!! Just checked the skirmish charges node and you are right. Crazy.
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Member Posts: 990 ★★★★

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

What do you mean more hit charges? Aren't the hit charges the same for 5 stars and 6 stars?
    No hit charges vary with rarity and rank.
    I think you should do a little test in abyss on any champ as per your choice and see how much damage both your falcons are doing in the charges given and mainly the lock on damage.
    It is my understanding that the awakening and sig gives more crit rating and crit damage , so the 5* might do well but I’m not sure so you should try it yourself once.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,132 ★★★★★
    I didn’t know that either and I’m planning on doing this next Friday. I had the same Falcon question as you did too.
    Did a bit of research and the difference is only 10 charges. Don't know if that is really worth giving up the increased crit rate + 2 sec lobger locked on. Iterested what you think @Jinxesaxe
    edited January 2023

Did a bit of research and the difference is only 10 charges. Don't know if that is really worth giving up the increased crit rate + 2 sec lobger locked on. Iterested what you think @Jinxesaxe

If that’s the case, take the five star! Do note however that r3 six stars have more health, crit rate, crit damage rate, and attack than r5 five stars as is.

Jinx
    Follow up question: how much will the massacre fight suck with an unduped chang chi? Fyi his dupe lets him crit on block so I wont be able to do that.