**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Pausing and timing out

Why is pausing and timing out not considered as cheating? Every other fight seems to be a time out and it's annoying af. Also every one seems to just casually mention it and have a laugh as if it's cool.
If we are up in arms about sandbagging as means to manipulate the match making , this to me is even worse.
Stop this nonsense!

Comments

• Options
    AzdefAzdef Posts: 166

Plenty of threads already exist on this. And Im sure I will get tons of disagrees for this, but if you score under 15k so often that a pause and time out tactic works against you so often, it sounds like your not playing very well.

You misunderstood. I never said I lost all the matches. I won probably most of them. When I have lost ,it's because my counter sucked but so did the other guys'. I would play out and die while the pauser would get a few hits in and time out. ( I might have lost either way but that's besides the point)
    Point being ....win or lose/ play well or bad/ meta is good or bad...it's cheating and none of the reasons should be used as an excuse to pause and time out.
  • Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 313 ★★★
    I think the problem with penalizing it is being able to differentiate from real pausing and real time outs. I've timed out quite a few times now just having no counter and dancing around the armor buff or forgetting the neutralize bug and having to dodge around until the armor goes away. Seems like the effort of separating these instances would be too laborious to go through.
  • Options
    Heinz11Heinz11 Posts: 210

I think the problem with penalizing it is being able to differentiate from real pausing and real time outs. I've timed out quite a few times now just having no counter and dancing around the armor buff or forgetting the neutralize bug and having to dodge around until the armor goes away. Seems like the effort of separating these instances would be too laborious to go through.

You can tell by the fight timer if they paused. The timer won’t include time that the fight was paused. Thus any fight where the attacker wasn’t KO’d that shows less than the whole 115-120 seconds used the fight was paused.
  • Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 313 ★★★
    edited January 2023
    Heinz11 said:

You can tell by the fight timer if they paused. The timer won’t include time that the fight was paused. Thus any fight where the attacker wasn’t KO’d that shows less than the whole 115-120 seconds used the fight was paused.
    Yea but let's say the fight shows say, 70 seconds and the person paused legitimately during the fight but not to run out the clock, how do you differentiate the two?

There's been times I'll get a call for example and do a quick pause, someone could see the timer and flag it as cheating when it isn't. I'm sure lots of others play on their phones too and pause for simular reasons.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Its not cheating, but its still unsportsmanlike behaviour, but anyway, the problem here is why its pausing the match efective? Because the nodes are bad.
  • Options
    Heinz11Heinz11 Posts: 210
    edited January 2023

Although I’ve never had to pause a BG match, I wasn’t trying to say that every time someone does it they were cheating. Easiest solution is to remove the ability to pause during BGs IMO
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    I wish I was fighting those people. I'm losing consistently even with scoring 31k + in silver 2.